剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
with the defendant.
发生了性关系
And that he was
他感到
feeling shame over it,
羞耻
and that he was having trouble sleeping.
他睡不着觉
And what did you do?
你做了什么?
I notified the police.
我通知了警♥察♥
I called the police.
我报了警
Actually, you waited two days
实际上,你是等了两天
to call the police, didn't you, ma'am?
才报的警,不是吗,夫人?
Yes. BERLUTI: Your son tells you
- 是的
- 你的儿子告诉你
he's raped,
他被强♥奸♥了
you don't call for two days?
你两天才去报案?
LANGER: At first, I just-- I couldn't believe it.
起初,我只是。。。我不敢相信
I thought maybe he was trying to...
我以为他想。。。
escape punishment, or--
逃避惩罚,或者。。。
You thought he was making it up.
你以为他编的
I was just so stunned at first.
一开始我真是惊呆了
I couldn't believe it.
我简直不敢相信
I guess I was--
我想我是。。。
I was desperate not to believe it.
我非常不想相信这事
But once it sank in that it was true,
但当我完全了解那是真的时
I called the police.
我就报♥警♥了
You mentioned your son wanting to escape punishment.
你提到你儿子想逃避惩罚
You mean being grounded,
你是指被禁足
missing baseball, that sort of thing?
不能玩棒球之类的事吗?
Yes. How about you hitting him?
- 对
- 那你打了他吗?
You ever hit your son, Mrs. Langer?
你打过你儿子吗,Langer夫人
Objection. Where is this going?
- 反对
- 你这是要说明什么?
BERLUTI: Your Honor, sometimes kids will say anything
法官大人,有时候小孩为了让家长停止揍他
to make the beatings stop. I did not beat him!
- 会随便乱说些什么
- 我没有打他
GAMBLE: Objection. Move to strike.
反对,要求对此不予记录
Short leash. Speed it up.
赶紧问吧,但别胡来
Did you ever hit your son, Mrs. Langer?
你打过你儿子吗,Langer夫人?
I spanked him sometimes.
我打过他几次屁♥股♥
I did not beat him.
但没有真揍过他
BERLUTI: Did you spank him on account
你打他屁♥股♥
of his grades going down?
是因为他的成绩下降吗?
I spanked him once or twice.
我打过他一两次屁♥股♥
They were not beatings,
那不算真揍
and I certainly never hurt him.
我当然不会伤害他
BERLUTI: Did you ever hit your son for using drugs?
你因为你儿子吸毒而揍过他吗?
He once used marijuana
他有一次吸了大♥麻♥
that your client gave him,
是你的当事人给他的
and, yes, I spanked him.
对,我打了他屁♥股♥
BERLUTI: Do you work, Mrs. Langer?
你有工作吗,Langer夫人?
Yes. What do you do for work?
- 对
- 你做什么工作?
I'm a waitress in a restaurant.
我是餐厅的女服务员
Could you tell me your hours?
你能说一下你的工作时间吗?
3:00 to 11:00.
三点到十一点
3:00 in the afternoon till 11:00 at night?
下午三点到晚上十一点对吗?
Yes.
对
BERLUTI: Weekdays? LANGER: Yes.
- 周一到周五吗?
- 对
When does your son get home from school?
你儿子什么时候放学回家?
Between 2:00 and 3:00.
两点到三点之间
Wow. So, you barely see him during the week.
哇,这么说,一周里你几乎看不到他
Possible, he could've made this story up
有没有可能,他编了这个故事
to get your attention?
想得到你的关心?
No.
不是
That is not possible.
没有这种可能
Ever know your son to tell you things that maybe weren't true?
你曾发现你的儿子跟你说过假话吗?
No.
没有过
Your son always speaks the truth?
你儿子总是说真话?
Yes. He is a truthful person.
对,他是个诚实的人
Yes, he is.
嗯,他是
BERLUTI: And yet, when he tells you he was raped,
但是当他告诉你他被强♥奸♥了
you don't call the police for two days?
你却等了两天才报♥警♥?
Good job.
干得不错
Bobby, what are we doing here?
Bobby,我们这是在干什么呀?
It's basically a traditional African religion
这基本上是一种非洲的传统宗教
with elements of Roman Catholicism.
带有罗马天主教的元素
But the reason we're all here
而我们大家来到法庭
is because of one particular ritual.
就是因为一个特殊的仪式
Yes. FRUTT: Can you tell the jury
- 对
- 你可以告诉陪审团
why sacrifice animals?
为什么要动物祭祀吗?
It's a way of honoring The Orisha,
这是一种崇拜Orisha众神的方式
which literally means "head guardian."
字面的意思是“最高守护者”
In simplest terms,
简而言之
the animal's blood is offered.
动物献出了血
The sacrifice
这种祭献
is said to please the saints
据说是为了取悦圣徒
and bring purification
带来对罪恶的净化和宽恕
and forgiveness of sins.
带来对罪恶的净化和宽恕
You have to acknowledge, Mr. Joley,
你得承认,Joley先生
this does seem a little barbaric.
这似乎有些野蛮
We know that American culture rejects it,
我们明白美国文化对此是不接受的
and we therefore try to be
因为我们尽可能
as discrete as possible, even secretive.
与之分离地甚至是秘密地进行仪式
We've never tried to impose our rituals
我们从来没有要把我们的仪式或信仰
or beliefs upon the public.
强加给公众
And, in fact, the only reason we're here today
而且,实际上,我们今天来到法庭的唯一原因
is because the media invaded us.
是媒体侵扰了我们
Does the animal suffer?
那这些动物遭受到痛苦吗?
The sacrifice is almost always quick,
祭献总是很迅速的
and as humane as possible.
尽可能的人道
BRENNER: So, it's your testimony that
那么,你是作证说
what we all saw on the television screen,
我们在电视上所看到的
in your eyes,
在你看来
there was no animal cruelty.
并不是虐待动物的行为
We try to be as humane as possible.
我们尽量做到人道
BRENNER: And you do that with lambs,
那你们祭献是用羔羊
goats, turtles,
山羊,龟
guinea pigs, sheep,
豚鼠,绵羊
all those animals.
所有这些动物
You slit their throats
你们割开他们的喉管
and offer the blood to your saints?
再把血献给你的圣徒们吗?
Yes.
对
He did well, considering.
他表现不错,还算周全
But? FRUTT: But...
- 然而?
- 然而。。。
he couldn't undo that videotape, Eugene.
他无法使那段录像失去作用,Eugene
How could he? That footage?
他怎么可能做到呢?那段镜头?
That's what the jury's gonna take back to that room,
陪审团会在合议的时候考虑到这些的
that squealing goat.
那只尖叫的山羊
Well, Ellenor, if it's a tale of the tape,
那好,Ellenor,如果事关那盘录像带的话
then get yourself some tape.
那你就自己也找些录像带来
What do you mean? YOUNG: I mean,
- 你什么意思?
- 我是说
this is America.
这是在美国
You think Santerians are the only ones to kill animals?
你以为只有Santerians人杀动物吗?
Don't even waste your breath.
别白费唇舌了
Your Honor-- You're not getting off, Bobby.
- 法官大人。。。
- 你不能退出,Bobby
Anything else?
还有别的事吗?
Look, it doesn't matter who they are or what they are.
听着,他们是谁和他们是什么并不重要
They're all entitled to a defense.
他们都有权得到辩护
I didn't make up the rule.
这规矩又不是我订的
What constitutes "adequate"? What?
- 怎么才算是“充分代理”?
- 你说什么?
They're not entitled to the best defense,
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表