剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
我。。。我一周内就要死了
There's a calm that comes.
宁静就要来临了
Underneath the cool.
归于沉寂
I'm gonna be dead in a week.
我一周内就要死了
Do I really need to make
我真的有必要
a showing of desperation?
表现出绝望吗?
PICKFORD: Alcohol addiction
对酒精上瘾
is both genetic and social.
既有遗传性又有社会因素
Some of the predisposition
这种成瘾有些是
is in the brain chemistry.
源自大脑化学物质
Some of it obviously is environmental,
但有些显然是受环境和人的生活方式影响的
how a person lives.
但有些显然是受环境和人的生活方式影响的
But, doctor,
但是,医生
my question is,
我的问题是
is it possible a person
一个人不过度饮酒的话
can become addicted to alcohol
也有对酒精上瘾的可能性?
without drinking excessively?
也有对酒精上瘾的可能性?
We have not proven it,
我们还没有证实这一点
but my opinion is
但我的看法是
it's absolutely possible.
这绝对有可能
How?
怎么讲?
Well, the limbic system in the brain
酒精中毒患者的
is very different in people
大脑边缘系统和常人有很大不同
who suffer from alcoholism.
大脑边缘系统和常人有很大不同
How do we know this?
我们怎么了解到这一点的呢?
Autopsies.
通过尸检
Problem is, we can't be sure what came first.
问题是,我们不能确定哪个在先
Is it the alcoholism that altered the brain
是酒精中毒改变了大脑
or is it the abnormal brain
或者是大脑异常
that caused the alcoholism?
导致了酒精中毒?
It may very well be
很可能是
that many people are born alcoholics
有些人生下来就注定会有
waiting to happen.
酒精中毒的那一天
Michael Berry could have been one of them.
Michael Berry可能就是其中之一
Have you found a single person
你发现过一个没有过度饮酒
who became an alcoholic
你发现过一个没有过度饮酒
who didn't drink excessively?
而酒精中毒的人吗?
No, but the reason he drank heavily
没有,但是他狂饮的原因
could be the genetic makeup of his brain.
可能是因为他大脑的基因组成
That's what people don't get.
那是人们无从得知的
Did you study the brain of Michael Berry?
你研究过Michael Berry的大脑吗?
No, because no autopsy was ever done.
没有,因为没有做过尸检
So you have no idea as to the genetic makeup
那么说你并不了解原告的大脑基因组成?
of the plaintiff?
那么说你并不了解原告的大脑基因组成?
That's correct.
没错
How's it going?
进展如何?
So far, so good.
到目前为止,还不错
The case is still a long shot,
这案子还是没什么把握
but we'll see.
再等等看吧
Your brother?
你弟弟?
Yeah.
是呀
Hard to believe, almost nine years
真想不到,从他死到现在快九年了
since he died.
真想不到,从他死到现在快九年了
He was an alcoholic.
他是个酒鬼
Is that in play at all?
这到底有没有影响?
Did you come in to check on the case or me?
你是来检查这个案子还是来检查我的?
I know you fully appreciate
我知道你完全认识到
the difficulty of the case.
这个案子的难度
I do wonder whether that appreciation
我想知道是否这种认识可能会被淡化
could get blurred
我想知道是否这种认识可能会被淡化
by a sense of...
因为你的一种。。。
mission.
使命感
I'm not on a mission.
我不是在完成一个使命
Did alcohol help kill my brother?
酒精促成了我弟弟的死吗?
Yes, but that hardly puts me in a small group.
没错,但那很难把我归于一个小社会群体
Half the adult population in this country
这个国家一半的成年人口
has alcoholism in their family.
的家里有人酗酒
That's a point worth arguing.
这是一个有价值的论点
I plan to!
我是打算提出来的!
Eugene, I feel like it's getting harder
Eugene,我觉得
and harder for you and me
你我之间的谈话是越来越难了
just to have a conversation.
你我之间的谈话是越来越难了
Bobby, you didn't come in here to have
Bobby,你来这里不是为了
a conversation.
谈个话
You came in here worried about my objectivity
你来这担心我的客观性
because of how my brother...
就因为我的弟弟。。。
Like you say,
如你所说
I have a full appreciation
我完全认识到
of the difficulty of the case,
这个案子的难度
and if an offer does come in,
如果有和解条件提出来
I'll recommend settlement to the client.
我会建议当事人接受的
Okay.
那好吧
FREEMAN: I think the biggest problem
我觉得对我精神失常的辩护
with my insanity defense was that
的最大的问题就是
it played so stereotypically.
太没有新意了
I heard voices.
我听到有人对我说话
I thought they were a mandate from God.
我以为那是上帝的命令
You know, there's somebody like me
你懂的,还有跟我一样每周
on Dateline once a week.
都出现在电视新闻杂♥志♥上的人
I think the jury just went,
我想陪审团就是想
"Yeah, yeah, next."
“好了,好了,下一个吧”
And the actual diagnosis?
实际的诊断结果是?
Paranoid schizophrenia.
偏执性精神分♥裂♥症
Do you have a memory of the killings?
你还记得杀人的事吗?
They haven't found the medication yet
好在他们还没发明
to erase memory.
抹去记忆的药物
Can you tell me what you remember?
你能告诉我们你记得些什么吗?
Can you tell me how that's relevant?
你能告诉我这有什么关系吗?
Denise...
as you said to that young girl,
就像你对那个年轻女孩说的
we're a little crunched for time.
我们的时间有点紧
So I need you to let me be the lawyer
所以我需要你让我来做律师
and trust me to decide
并信任我来决定
what's relevant.
哪些是有关系的
If the memory's vivid, I want to know.
如果记忆是生动的,我想要知道
If not, I want to know that, too.
即使不是,我也想知道
Tell me what you remember.
告诉我你记得些什么
In the moment, time slowed down.
在那一刻,时间变慢了
I saw the bullets travel.
我看到子弹在移♥动♥
I saw them floating through the air
我看见他们漂浮在空中
like feathers.
就像羽毛似的
They hit the skulls.
它们击中了头颅
Two incredibly sweet little boys.
两个可爱的小男孩
These floating feathers
这些飘动的羽毛
just made their heads go
让他们的头
嘭!
That vivid enough?
这够生动了吧?
Alcoholism is something
酗酒问题是我们
we all need to be concerned with,
都需要去关注的事情
and we are at Portiss.
我们在Portiss也是如此
I guess the question becomes,
我想这问题是
how do you manifest that concern?
你们怎么表现出这种关注呢?
CARROLL: First, by putting warnings
首先,通过在我们的每一个产品上做出警示
on every single one of our products.
在我们的每一个产品上
But I'll tell you something,
但是我跟你这么说吧
we probably should do
我们或许应该
a better job of publicizing
着重说明
the health benefits.
这对健康有益
The benefits?
有益?
CARROLL: Absolutely.
绝对是的
Studies now show that having a drink or two
现在的研究表明每天
of alcohol every day
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表