剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
You feel you adequately informed him
你觉得你充分地告诉了他
as to all of the risks?
所有的风险了吗?
Look, no matter what parents say,
听着,不管家长说什么
it is hard to compete with the images of fun
很难胜过酒类行业
and social acceptance
所推销的那种
that is being marketed
饮酒是享乐和被社会认同的印象
by the alcohol industry.
饮酒是享乐和被社会认同的印象
GRUNDEL: My question is,
我问的是
do you feel you adequately
你觉得自己
informed your son
将饮酒的潜在风险
as to the potential risks
充分地告知了你的儿子了吗?
of consuming alcohol?
充分地告知了你的儿子了吗?
Yes.
是的
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你,先生
And I'm very sorry for your loss.
对你失去亲人深表哀悼
I thought alcohol companies
我以为酒类公♥司♥
were exempt from these lawsuits.
可以免于这些诉讼
No one is exempt from fraud.
没有人会因欺诈而躲过起诉的
They lie when they say
他们在宣称没有向青少年推销的时候撒了谎
they don't market to kids.
他们在宣称没有向青少年推销的时候撒了谎
HATCHER: Can I help you?
有什么事吗?
Yes, I'm looking for Ellenor Frutt.
我找Ellenor Frutt
I'm Ellenor Frutt.
我就是
Hello, my name is Stephen Marshall.
你好,我是Stephen Marshall
I'd like to hire you.
我想雇你当我的律师
Is there someplace we can talk?
能找个地方谈谈吗?
I guess I should just get right to it.
我想我应该开门见山吧
I'm the warden of Goffstown Correctional facility
我是新罕布♥什♥尔州Goffstown管教所的典狱长
in New Hampshire.
我是新罕布♥什♥尔州Goffstown管教所的典狱长
One of my inmates is Denise Freeman.
我那里有个囚犯叫Denise Freeman
She shot two young boys
她射杀了两个
who were playing in the park.
在公园里玩的男孩
She's scheduled to be executed next week.
她计划下周执行死刑
It's the first execution in New Hampshire
这是多年来新罕布♥什♥尔州的第一次死刑处决
in many years.
这是多年来新罕布♥什♥尔州的第一次死刑处决
So, maybe you read about it.
也许你从报纸上看到了
I hadn't actually.
我真没有看到
How can I help?
我能做什么呢?
I'd like you to stop it.
我希望你去阻止
Her execution?
阻止对她的处决?
Yes.
对
I read where you got a death sentence
我在报纸上看到你们在几年前
overturned several years ago.
推♥翻♥了一起死刑判决
I drove down here on the chance
我开车来这里是为了碰碰运气
that you could possibly work your magic again.
也许你们能再次施展魔法
You're the warden trying to halt
而你是一个试图阻止执行死刑典狱长
the execution.
而你是一个试图阻止执行死刑典狱长
Yes.
对
Are you against the death penalty?
你是反对死刑吗?
No, not at all. No.
不,不全是
In fact, I think we should employ it more often.
实际上,我认为死刑应该更多一些
But we shouldn't be killing Denise Freeman.
但不应该处死Denise Freeman
She's not the same person
她不再是那个犯罪的人了
who committed those crimes.
她不再是那个犯罪的人了
I know they all claim that,
我知道犯人们都会这么声称的
but she really isn't.
但她真的不是了
That's why I drove down here
这就是为什么我开车到这里
to convince you to help save
说服你去挽救一个
an extraordinary woman.
不同寻常的女人的原因
Oh, don't you even dare.
噢,想都别想
This is Sheila Berry.
这是Sheila Berry
She was just awarded"Sister of the year."
她刚刚被授予“年度最佳姐妹”奖
Shut up! North America only.
- 闭嘴吧!
- 只是北美区的
She competes for world "Sister of the year" next month.
她下个月角逐世界“年度最佳姐妹”
Yeah, and I score
没错,而且我因为
special endurance points
有你这么个弟弟
for having you as my little brother.
在承受力方面得到了特别加分
Let me tell you a little bit about Sheila.
让我告诉你一点Sheila的事
Let's not. She makes up her own words
- 别说了
- 她玩填字游戏的时候
playing scrabble.
自己造词
She-- No, I don't.
- 她。。。
- 不,我没有
That was your brother, Michael?
Michael,那是你的弟弟吗?
Yes.
是的
Does that video fairly reflect his personality?
这个录像充分反映了他的个性吗?
He had an amazing sense of humor.
他有令人惊叹的幽默感
He was shy. You don't get that from the video.
他很腼腆,这一点你从这个录像里看不到
He was very shy.
他非常腼腆
I think that was one of the reasons
我觉得这就是他在聚会上喝酒的原因之一
he drank at parties.
我觉得这就是他在聚会上喝酒的原因之一
Socially, he was a little uncomfortable
在社交方面,他在了解别人之前
until he got to know people.
有点放不开
When was the last time
你最后一次看见你弟弟
you saw your brother?
是什么时候?
About a month before he died.
他死前一个月
Where did you see him?
你在哪儿看见他的?
My apartment.
我的公♥寓♥
He came...
他来。。。
to ask me for money.
找我要点钱
He was living on the streets.
他流浪街头
Did you loan him money?
你借给他钱了吗?
I told him he could move in with me
我告诉他如果愿意的话
if he wanted to,
可以跟我一起住
but I wasn't gonna give him money
但是我没给他钱
so he could just go buy liquor.
他只会拿去买♥♥酒喝
I begged him to get help
我恳求他接受帮助
but he just walked away.
但他扭头就走了
That was the last time I ever saw him.
那是我最后一次看到他
I have nothing further.
我没有要问的了
No questions, Your Honor.
控方没有问题要问,法官大人
It isn't exactly great timing for us
对我们来说现在的确不是
to be taking a pro bono case.
无偿承接一个案子的好时机
I'm not saying I definitely want to take it on,
我不是说我一定要接这个案子
but...
但是。。。
I'd like to meet with her,
我想见见她
see who she is, what she is.
看看她是谁,是什么情况
She's in New Hampshire?
她在新罕布♥什♥尔州?
Yes.
对
I thought I would drive up there
我想我今天下午
with Jamie this afternoon.
和Jamie一起开车去那里
Evidently, she runs this "Talk straight" program
据说,她为有问题的孩子们
for troubled kids that...
办了一个“实话实说”的节目
the warden came here personally.
是典狱长亲自来的
I really think I should go.
我认为我确实应该去一趟
I'll say yes with one word of caution,
我同意但要给你一个忠告
protect yourself.
保护好你自己
I'm sure there'll either be a guard
我肯定那儿有警卫
or a partition or--
或者一个隔板。。。
I'm not talking physically.
我不是说身体上的
You're about to emotionally invest
你会把你的感情倾注在
in somebody who, odds are,
一个可能一周内就会死的人身上
will be dead in a week.
一个可能一周内就会死的人身上
I won't invest emotionally.
我不会倾注感情的
Right.
很好
Protect yourself.
保护好自己
BLOOMBERG: The cause of death was alcohol poisoning.
死因是酒精中毒
Doctor, Michael Berry went in and out
医生,Michael Berry参加过
of many treatment programs.
很多治疗方案
Why couldn't he be cured?
为什么他没有被治愈?
Because he was addicted.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表