剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
我三年就读完了高中
I graduated Yale with honors.
我以优异成绩毕业于耶鲁
I made law review at Harvard.
我在哈佛做过法律评论
I excel at everything I do.
我做的每件事都很出色
I'm even pretty.
我连长得都很漂亮
I will not have you wreck my law career
我不会让你使我在法庭上出丑
by making me look bad in court.
而毁了我的律师生涯
I'm supposed to get up in court now and blame it on big tobacco?
我现在是该上庭去把这事归咎于大烟草公♥司♥吗?
You suck!
你个傻♥逼♥!
I'm not bringing you any more of my business.
我再也不会让你管我的事了
We disagree internally all the time.
我们内部一直存在分歧
It's called debate. YOUNG: Yes,
- 这叫做争论
- 是的
but your expert opinion
但你的专家看法
was that Lawrence O'Malley was likely moving forward.
是Lawrence O'Malley很可能是向前移♥动♥的
That was my initial conclusion.
那是我最初的结论
Upon consultation with other analysts,
根据和其他分♥析♥师的商讨
I changed my position.
我改变了我的观点
He was likely stationary.
他很可能是静止不动的
YOUNG: Did you issue another report?
你又提交了一份报告吗?
HALLBRENNER: No.
没有
YOUNG: In fact,
实际上
this letter is your only recorded finding,
这是你唯一有据可查的调查结果
isn't it, Mr. Hallbrenner? HALLBRENNER: Yes.
- 不是吗,Hallbrenner先生?
- 是的
YOUNG: So, when you changed your position,
那么,当你改变观点时
you didn't issue a new report.
你们提交新的报告
No, the case was taken over by my supervisor.
没有,这个案子由我的主管接手了
YOUNG: Your supervisor?
你的主管?
That would be Joshua Illitch? Correct.
- 是Joshua Illitch吗?
- 对
So he took over the case,
那么说他接手了这个案子
issued another report saying that the victim was likely stationary?
提交了另一个报告称受害人很可能是静止不动的吗?
HALLBRENNER: Correct.
对
YOUNG: And it was Mr. Illitch who testified at trial?
是由Illitch先生出庭作证的吗?
Correct.
对
While they kept you in a back room out of sight?
同时他们把你给藏起来了?
Objection. Sustained.
- 反对
- 反对有效
Mr. Hallbrenner, after you issued your report,
Hallbrenner先生,你提交报告后
did anybody ask you to change your mind?
有人要求你改变观点吗?
People argue their points of view
人们提出他们的观点
in order to get people to change their minds.
为的就是改变别人的观点
That happened here.
就这么回事
Nobody forced me.
没人强迫过我
People argued their points of view,
人们提出他们的观点
you mean other analysts?
你是指其他分♥析♥师吗?
Correct.
对
Did Mr. Walsh
Walsh先生曾向你提出过他的观点吗?
ever argue his point of view to you?
Walsh先生曾向你提出过他的观点吗?
Yes. YOUNG: So, he read your report.
- 有过
- 那么说,他读过你的报告
HALLBRENNER: Yes. And he disagreed with it?
- 是的
- 他不同意吗?
Yes.
对
Did he ask you to alter your findings?
他要求你更改调查结果吗?
He disagreed with my report.
他不同意我的报告
YOUNG: That wasn't my question, Mr. Hallbrenner.
我问的不是这个问题,Hallbrenner先生
Did he ask you
他是否要求你
to alter your findings?
更改调查结果?
Yes.
是的
YOUNG: And your response?
你怎么回复的?
I refused.
我拒绝了
And at that point,
在那时
your supervisor took over the case,
你的主管接受了这个案子
and a subsequent report was issued
随后发布了一份和你的调查结果相反的报告
contradicting your findings.
随后发布了一份和你的调查结果相反的报告
Is that what happened, Mr. Hallbrenner?
是那样的吗,Hallbrenner先生?
Something like that.
差不多吧
YOUNG: Thank you, Mr. Hallbrenner.
谢谢你,Hallbrenner先生
You said I asked you
你说我要求你
to reissue a report.
重新提交报告
Did I force you to?
我强迫你了吗?
No.
没有
And was I the only one
我是唯一一个不同意你的调查结果的人吗?
who disagreed with your findings?
我是唯一一个不同意你的调查结果的人吗?
No.
不是
WALSH: Other analysts
其他分♥析♥师和你面对的是一样的证据
looked at the same evidence you did
其他分♥析♥师和你面对的是一样的证据
and reached a different conclusion.
而得出了不同的结论
Am I right?
我说的没错吧?
You are.
你说的对
In fact,
实际上
three analysts senior to you,
那是三位比你资深的分♥析♥师
isn't that right?
不是吗?
It is.
是的
More experienced analysts?
他们更有经验些吧?
Yes.
对
In fact, the consensus of your department
实际上,你们部门的一致意见是
was that Mr. O'Malley was likely standing
Lindsay Dole对着O'Malley先生连开三枪的那一刻
in a stationary position
Lindsay Dole对着O'Malley先生连开三枪的那一刻
at the time Lindsay Dole
他很可能是处于一个静止不动的姿势的
shot him three times.
他很可能是处于一个静止不动的姿势的
Wasn't that the consensus?
这不是共识吗?
Yes.
是共识
Thank you, Mr. Hallbrenner.
谢谢你,Hallbrenner先生
That's all I have.
我就这些问题了
WEST: The witness may step down.
证人可以退席了
Mr. Walsh, if you have anything to say, I'll hear it now.
Walsh先生,如果你还有什么要说的,我现在可以听取
Then I'll give defense an opportunity to sum up, as well.
然后我会也会给辩方一个机会做总结
WALSH: Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢你,法官大人
As I said earlier,
如我之前所言
this was a preliminary
这是初步和内部的报告而已
internal memorandum,
这是初步和内部的报告而已
which clearly falls within the definition
这显然属于工作成果的范畴
of work product.
这显然属于工作成果的范畴
It wasn't evidence.
这不是证据
Certainly, we are required to share
当然,我们需要
with defense our findings,
把我们的调查结果共享给辩方
but not our thinking or consultations
但不是指我们在得出这些调查结果时的思考或协商过程
which lead to those findings.
但不是指我们在得出这些调查结果时的思考或协商过程
Mr. Hallbrenner's report
Hallbrenner的报告
represents a minority point of view,
代表了少数人的观点
which we deemed neither accurate
我们认为其既不准确也与我们的起诉无关
nor relevant to our prosecution.
我们认为其既不准确也与我们的起诉无关
It was not relied on.
这是不可靠的
It was not a factor.
也不是一个要素
Moreover, Your Honor, even should you find
此外,法官大人,
that we should have turned
即使你裁定我们应该把这份初步报告交出来
this preliminary report over,
即使你裁定我们应该把这份初步报告交出来
what's the harm?
又有什么影响呢?
This case never turned
这个案子绝对不会因受害人是否向前移♥动♥而有所改变
on whether or not the victim was moving forward.
这个案子绝对不会因受害人是否向前移♥动♥而有所改变
Lindsay Dole never maintained
Lindsay Dole从未坚持说受害人正冲她过去
the victim was coming towards her.
Lindsay Dole从未坚持说受害人正冲她过去
In their testimony,
在他们的证词中
in their statements to the police,
在他们向警方做的陈述中
Lindsay and Bobby Donnell never even suggested
Lindsay和Bobby Donnell甚至从未表明
that the victim was coming towards her.
受害人正冲她过去
They didn't argue self-defense.
他们没有采用正当防卫进行辩护
They alleged
他们声称的是受虐妇女综合症
battered-woman syndrome.
他们声称的是受虐妇女综合症
The victim's position or forward movement
受害人的位置或者移♥动♥方向
has nothing to do with that defense,
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表