剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
HILLER: You know the answer to that.
你知道答案
Privilege is the bedrock principle
保密特权是刑事司法的
of criminal justice.
基本原则
There may be an exception on paper,
纸面上可能有例外
but no defense attorney's ever been willing to use it,
但没有辩护律师愿意运营这些例外,
rightfully so.
这是理所当然的
But I can.
但我可以
I have the discretion.
我可以自行决定
HILLER: That's right.
没错
But Lindsay, you'd be signing
但Lindsay,你可能是在签署
your own career death warrant.
你自己的职业终结令
You'll be news, a pariah
你会上新闻,成为一个
with every other attorney,
被其他律师所唾弃的人
not just criminal.
不仅仅是在刑事诉讼领域
What type of crime
你说的是什么样的罪行呢?
do you have knowledge of?
你说的是什么样的罪行呢?
It's a murder.
是谋杀
HILLER: Ah.
哦
Why am I not surprised?
为什么我对此不感惊讶呢?
The reason this provision
这个条文从没有被援引的原因诗
has never been invoked,
这个条文从没有被援引的原因是
most lawyers,
绝大多数律师
most judges, including me,
和包括我在内的绝大多数法官
think it's wrong.
认为那是错误的
A client's trust is a client's trust.
当事人的信任就是信任
A lawyer doesn't break it.
一个律师不能对其背弃
It isn't always that easy.
那一直是不容易做到的
HILLER: You think it was easy
你觉得对于我来说
for me to kick Stanley Deeks?
放掉Stanley Deeks就很轻松吗?
You came to me for advice.
你来找我征求意见
Technically,
从技术上讲
you can reveal what you know.
你可以披露你所知道的事
Ethically,
但从法律伦理上
I say you don't.
我要说你不能
I don't know about you,
我不知道你怎么样
but I'm pretty hungry.
但我真是饿了
It's only 5:00.
才五点呀
I know, but let's head over
我知道,但我们还是去
to Jasper's and get a bite.
Jasper餐厅吃一点吧
It's not too far.
不算太远
Okay. Nice thing about being a judge
- 那好吧
- 做个法官的好处
is the ability to say,
就是能说
"Day's over, folks."
“伙计们,下班吧”
Sometimes think about going back
有时候我考虑回头去开私人事务所
into private practice
有时候我考虑回头去开私人事务所
and then I think I'd miss the control too much.
但我又想那样会失去太多的支配权
Door's open.
车门开了
Of course, what I'd really like
当然了,我真正喜欢的
is to captain a boat.
是当船长
That's the control I'm looking for.
那就是我寻求的支配权
Be out in the open sea,
到外海去
sail to Nantucket.
驶向Nantucket岛
What's wrong?
怎么了?
Jamie?
I can't get a drink with you.
我不能和你去喝酒
I'm sorry, but having appeared
对不起,在那个案子里
before you on a case,
我所显露出来的
I think it's wrong.
我认为是我错了
If you feel the need to vacate your decision,
如果你觉得有必要放弃你的裁决
that's your call.
那是你的事
My call,
我的决定是
I'm not getting this drink.
我不会和你去喝酒
Good night, Your Honor.
晚安,法官大人
WHITE: Will the defendant please rise?
请被告起立
Mr. Foreman, has the jury reached a unanimous verdict?
陪审团主席先生,你们达成一致裁决了吗?
We have, Your Honor.
是的,法官大人
WHITE: What say you?
请宣布
FOREMAN: Commonwealth versus Steven Barrett.
马萨诸塞州诉Steven Barrett
On the charge of murder
一级谋杀罪名
in the first degree,
一级谋杀罪名
we find the defendant,
我们裁定被告
Steven Barrett,
guilty.
罪名成立
The defense moves
辩方请求法庭
to set aside the verdict.
撤销判决
Denied.
请求驳回
Security, take charge of the defendant.
法警,将被告收押
Members of the jury,
陪审团成员们
you're dismissed with the thanks of this court.
你们可以解散了,法庭感谢你们
This matter is now adjourned.
本案休庭
We're gonna review the record
我们会研究庭审记录
and find grounds to appeal.
找出上诉的理由
Okay.
好吧
You can go. I'll handle this.
你可以走了。我来处理
Are you sure? YOUNG: Yeah, go ahead.
- 是吗?
- 走吧
Lindsay.
Hey.
嘿
I came to bring you luck.
我来是想给你带来好运的
I'm sorry. Yeah.
- 很遗憾
- 是呀
MAN: Excuse me, Ms. Frutt. FRUTT: Uh, Eugene Young
- 打扰一下,Frutt女士
- 去找Eugene Young吧
will be fielding all your questions.
他会回答你所有的问题
I've got no comment.
我没有什么要说的
I'm sorry.
对不起
It's not like I thought we would win,
我不认为我们可能会赢
but...
但是
But what?
但是什么?
I don't know.
我说不清
Something just tells me
我有种感觉
this one was innocent.
这人是无辜的
Any grounds for appeal?
有上诉的理由吗?
I don't know.
我不知道
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表