剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
DOLE: Previously on The Practice...
前集回顾未作翻译
WALSH: We've heard testimony of another client
who terrorized your wife.
He was murdered.
I smell a pattern.
Threaten Lindsay Dole,
you get killed.
Objection!
He knew his wife was culpable.
Why the immediate assembly of lawyers,
the refusal to speak to police?
This is consistent
with the behavior of guilty people.
WEST: Ms. Dole, I am bound
by the statute to sentence you
to the Framingham Correction Facility
for the remainder of your natural life.
WASHINGTON: The emotional undercurrents
of a case play a part.
Give me this appeal.
James Berluti,
Melissa Halpern.
Hello.
This is my daughter, Joey.
Sixteen years ago,
I kidnapped her.
Does your daughter know? HALPERN: No.
I recently read a magazine article
about the birth mother
and the woman they accused
of stealing Joey.
BERLUTI: I represent the individual
who kidnapped your daughter 16 years ago.
The individual sends to you this money order
in the amount of $70,000.
GAMBLE: Jimmy, police got a visit
from a woman named Sally Burns last night.
You had to know she'd go to the police.
So what?
it's attorney/client.
We already know who she is,
Bernice White.
First, you're calling me
saying it's really important that we meet,
and then I see you on television
concerning a crime that I have been suspected of
for 16 years.
Bernice White, please place your hands behind your back.
What? Tell them I'm not your client!
YOUNG: We neither confirm
nor deny that she is our client. What?!
We neither confirm
nor deny she is our client.
She's fading.
她累得不行了
I just can't close it.
我还是搞不定
Okay.
知道了
Bernice?
I'm Helen Gamble.
我是Helen Gamble
Why won't you leave me alone?
让我一个人待会儿行吗?
I'm the district attorney.
我是地区检察官
Can we get you a cup of coffee or something?
给你来杯咖啡或者别的什么?
WHITE: No, I just wanna go to sleep.
不要,我只想睡觉
I know.
我知道
Listen, I'm very familiar
听着,我很熟悉这种案子
with these kinds of cases,
听着,我很熟悉这种案子
and the truth is,
实际上
I happen to believe you.
我刚好是相信你的
You say you didn't kidnap this baby,
你说你没有绑♥架♥那个婴儿
and I believe you believe
我相信你是从心眼里认为是真的没有
with all your heart
我相信你是从心眼里认为是真的没有
that that's the truth.
我认为你是从心眼里相信那是真的
But I also believe you're suffering
但我也相信你正患有一种非常常见的失忆症
from a form of amnesia,
但我也相信你正患有一种非常常见的失忆症
which is extremely common.
但我也相信你正患有一种非常常见的失忆症
No.
不是的
Sometimes...
有些时候。。。
when good people commit acts
当一个善良的人做出了些使良心受到谴责的行为时
that shock their own conscience,
当一个善良的人做出了些使良心受到谴责的行为时
they block it out.
他们会设法忘记
In your mind,
在你的心里
this kidnapping never happened,
这起绑♥架♥从未发生过
but...
但是。。。
the thing is,
问题是
a witness saw you leave with the baby,
一个证人看到你带着孩子离开
and now what the police aren't telling you
而且警♥察♥没有告诉你的是
they've now located the woman
他们现在找到了你把孩子交给她的那个女人
you gave the baby to.
他们现在找到了你把孩子交给她的那个女人
She identified your picture.
她认出了你的照片
You will be convicted for this crime.
你将被判有罪
It's not even a question anymore.
这甚至不再有疑问了
The only thing to be determined
唯一要确定的是会怎么样处置你
is what happens to you.
唯一要确定的是会怎么样处置你
Do you understand what I'm saying, Bernice?
你明白我在说什么吗,Bernice?
Your life is in your hands.
你的命运掌握在你自己手里
You tell us the truth,
告诉我们事实真♥相♥
we can help you.
我们就可以帮助你
You can get home.
你就可以回家了
We're moving you from the orientation unit to the compound.
我们要把你从新犯单元转到大院监房♥里
Okay.
明白
OFFICER: Don't pick up disciplinary tickets.
不要违纪拿罚单
You could stay there for the duration
你会在那里服完刑期
of your sentence,
你会在那里服完刑期
which is...
刑期是。。。
Life.
终身监禁
I'm hoping to reduce that.
我正希望能减少刑期
My appeal is scheduled for tomorrow.
我的上诉安排在明天
Actually, I was hoping that I could attend.
其实,我希望能参加
Sorry.
对不起
You filled out a visitor consent form for a minor child.
你填了一张未成年儿童访客申请表格
For my son.
为我儿子填的
OFFICER: We'll need a certified birth certificate
在他来之前我们需要一份出生证明文件
before he can come in.
在他来之前我们需要一份出生证明文件
Then it'll be at least a month after that.
在那之后至少要过一个月
Wait a second.
等等
I can't see my son for a month?
我一个月无法看到我儿子?
When you see the shrink, get meds.
当你看到心理医生的时候,拿点药
Most of the girls here are on
这里的大多数女孩都至少在吃一种抗抑郁药
at least one antidepressant.
这里的大多数女孩都至少在吃一种抗抑郁药
He can also give you a dental dam.
他还能给你一个口♥交♥保险膜
Excuse me?
你说什么?
If you get involved with anyone,
如果你和某人那个的话
better to be safe than sorry.
安全第一为好
You've been assigned to janitorial.
你被分配去做情结工作
DOLE: I asked to clerk in the law library.
我要求去法律图书馆做管♥理♥员♥
OFFICER: They all do.
都有人了
It goes to the senior girls.
那是留给年纪大些的
But I'm a lawyer.
可我是个律师
Ms. Dole,
Dole女士
part of your adjustment here
你在这里要适应的,有一部分是
is learning that what you were before doesn't matter.
要懂得你以前的生活是什么并不重要
Look, if you don't like the brief--
听着,如果你对这份辩护状不满意。。。
I didn't say I didn't like it.
我不是说我不满意
I just think we short-shrifted
我只是觉得我们把案情实质缩减一些
the Merits a little.
我只是觉得我们把案情实质缩减一些
An appeal isn't about the Merits.
上诉并不是针对案情实质的
DONNELL: Just the same,
然而,使他们在情感上产生倾向是较好的
it would be nice to have them
然而,使他们在情感上产生倾向是较好的
emotionally predisposed.
然而,使他们在情感上产生倾向是较好的
Justice Leon's wife was the victim
Leon法官的妻子是暴♥力♥犯罪的受害者
of violent crime.
Leon法官的妻子是暴♥力♥犯罪的受害者
It's not a bad idea to tickle
通过提醒他们Lindsay杀的是什么人
that nerve a little
通过提醒他们Lindsay杀的是什么人
by reminding them
使他们稍微有所触动是个好办法
who Lindsay shot.
使他们稍微有所触动是个好办法
I'm only talking about two more paragraphs.
我就先谈这两段吧
Okay.
好的
She's feeling it a little.
她有点感觉了
DONNELL: Was this a mistake?
让她负责是个错误吗?
YOUNG: She'll be okay.
她能行的
Nerves usually make her better.
紧张感通常会让她做得更好些
I've got a problem.
我遇到问题了
I represent a woman, Melissa Halpern,
我代理了一个女人,Melissa Halpern
who kidnapped a child 16 years ago.
她16年前绑♥架♥了一个孩子
I heard.
我听说了
BERLUTI: Well, you probably also heard
那么,你可能也听说了警♥察♥抓了另一个人
the police arrested somebody else,
那么,你可能也听说了警♥察♥抓了另一个人
Bernice White.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表