剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
But for civil attorneys,
但对于民事律师
which I believe is what you plan to be,
我相信你是想做民事律师的
reputation is everything.
名誉就是一切
And what you're doing now
而你现在所做的
refusing to reveal to grieving parents
拒绝向一对儿悲伤的父母透露
where their deceased daughter is,
他们死去的女儿在哪里
your reputation may never recover from it.
你的名誉可能永远也不会恢复了
Help yourself.
帮帮你自己吧
I'm trying to be your friend here.
我现在是试图做你的朋友
Mr. Field,
Field先生
you're trying to get me to break privilege.
你是在试图让我违反保密特权
When it comes to a lawyer's reputation,
说到律师的名誉
nothing is more important
没有比尊重律师当事人保密特权更重要的事了
than honoring attorney-client privilege.
没有比尊重律师当事人保密特权更重要的事了
It would disgrace me to violate it.
违反它会使我丢脸的
So, don't pretend to be my friend here.
所以不要装成是我的朋友
I'm telling you nothing.
我什么也不会告诉你
You can keep me locked up here forever.
你可以把我永远关在这里
I'm telling you nothing.
我什么也不会告诉你
Need a jump?
需要帮你打火吗?
I'm not a mechanic,
我不是机械师
but I think you flooded it a little.
但我想你的发动机有点进水了
Come near me again, I'll have you shot dead.
再靠近我一次,我会毙了你
Trying to help.
不过是想帮个忙而已
I talked to him once, Helen.
我跟他说过一次,Helen
YOUNG: Maybe you should go for a restraining order.
也许你应该申请一份禁制令
With what? He certainly
凭什么呢?他肯定
had a right to be in the building.
有权进这幢大楼的
My car didn't start, so--
我的车打不着,所以。。。
Was it tampered with?
车被做了手脚吗?
How would I know?
我怎么会知道?
Maybe I did flood it.
也许我给弄进水去了
I didn't dust the hood for his prints.
我没有在引擎盖上采集他的指纹
BERLUTI: Helen, put the police on him.
Helen,让警♥察♥来对付他
You have more resources than we do.
你的手段比我们多
In which case I'm accused of using the threat
那样的话我被指责使用威胁
of prosecution to discourage a civil lawsuit.
阻止民事诉讼的起诉
Come on, I'll be hauled before the bar.
想想吧,我会被拉到律师协会的
But if you think he's threatening you--
但如果你认为他是在威胁你。。。
GAMBLE: Eugene, I have no proof.
Eugene,我没证据。
Without asking you to violate
不是要求你违反
your attorney-client privilege,
你的律师当事人保密特权
could he have--
他能。。。
what am I dealing with here?
我要应付的到底是什么?
Can you tell me that?
你能告诉我吗?
I'm in a lawsuit with them.
我在和他们打官司
What exactly am I dealing with?
我到底要对付的是什么呀?
Look, if he does anything else,
这样吧,如果他再干出点别的什么
I'd go for the restraining order.
我会去申请禁制令
It's his mother's lawsuit.
毕竟是他妈妈提出的诉讼
He doesn't necessarily have the right
他不一定有权一直呆在法庭
to be in the room all the time.
他不一定有权一直呆在法庭
GAMBLE: I'd like to get a restraining order now,
我现在就像拿到禁制令
but I need more to get it.
但我需要多点理由
Could you please give me something?
你们能给我提供些什么吗?
Great.
真行
Thanks.
真够意思
Claire,
these are Cindy's parents,
这是Cindy的父母
John and Marsha Burns.
John和Marsha Burns夫妇
Okay, that does it! Get me my lawyer!
好了,我受够了!给我找律师!
You don't automatically have--
你不会有。。。
I will scream and continue to scream
见不到我的律师
until I meet with my attorney.
我就一直不停地尖叫
Do not think I am kidding.
别以为我说着玩儿的
I just want you to hear what they have to say.
我只希望你听听他们要说什么
DOLE: It's one thing to incarcerate somebody.
监禁某人是一回事
It's another to subject her
而迫使她屈服于这种公然的胁迫
to this kind of blatant coercion.
则是另一回事
The parents just wanted to talk to her.
那对儿父母只是想和她谈谈
Right.
说得真轻巧
MANTLE: There's nothing illegal
强制审讯并没有违法,律师
about coercive interrogation, counsel.
强制审讯并没有违法,律师
You just can't use the fruits of it at trial.
只不过是不能在庭审中使用审讯结果而已
DOLE: The Sixth Amendment says,
第六修正案规定
"All questions have to stop
“一旦嫌犯要求找律师
once a suspect asks for a lawyer."
所有的盘问必须停止”
That's not an evidentiary rule.
这不是证据获取的规则问题
It's in the Bill of Rights.
这是属于权利法案的范畴
MANTLE: Look, short of physical torture,
听着,除了体罚
they can do anything they want.
他们想做什么都可以
If they wanna use it as evidence,
如果他们想用其作为证据
that's a different story.
那就是另一回事了
But so far, your only remedy
但到目前为止,你唯一的解决办法
could be a civil lawsuit,
可能是提起一个民事诉讼
in which case I'd say "Good luck."
对此我只能说“祝你好运”
This is an abuse of their discretion,
这是对他们自♥由♥裁量权的滥用
Your Honor, and yours.
你也是,法官大人
Tell somebody who cares.
去和在乎的人说去吧
If Claire Wyatt wants out, she knows what to do.
如果Claire Wyatt想出去,她知道该干什么
We're adjourned.
休庭
Any ideas?
有什么主意吗?
Jamie's drafting an interlocutory appeal
Jamie正在以滥用自♥由♥裁量权为由起草一个中间上诉
(通常上诉是指在案件审理后对判决结果的上诉,
中间上诉是在案件审理期间对其中某个问题提起上诉)
on abuse-of-discretion grounds.
Jamie正在以滥用自♥由♥裁量权为由起草一个中间上诉
(通常上诉是指在案件审理后对判决结果的上诉,
中间上诉是在案件审理期间对其中某个问题提起上诉)
I'm not sure we'll have any luck, but--
我不相信会碰上好运气,但是。。。
Lindsay?
Are you listening?
你在听吗?
What?
什么?
Yeah, that sounds good.
哦,听起来还不错
Let's file an appeal.
那就提起一个上诉吧
What are you looking at?
你在看什么?
Nothing.
没什么
Did you tell my son you'd have him shot dead?
你是跟我儿子说你会毙了他吗?
Mrs. Bakey,
Bakey夫人
we're adversaries in a lawsuit.
我们是一场诉讼中的对手
We both have lawyers.
我们都有律师
If a person threatens my son,
如果有人威胁了我儿子
I tend to be direct.
我倾向于直接把话说清楚
You're here taking issue
你来这儿是要就我威胁你儿子的事吵架的吗?
with me threatening your son?
你来这儿是要就我威胁你儿子的事吵架的吗?
SYLVIA: What, I'm supposed to be okay with it?
怎么,我应该不当回事吗?
Your son's a serial killer.
你的儿子是个连环杀手
You couldn't prove it to a jury, Ms. Gamble.
你无法向陪审团证明这一点,Gamble女士
You will never prove it to me, I assure you.
我向你保证,你也永远无法向我证明
Well, I don't have to prove it to you.
我不需要向你证明
You're the one person who knows
你就是那个知道他那些晚上不在家的人
he wasn't home alone with you those nights.
你就是那个知道他那些晚上不在家的人
I didn't come here to fight, Ms. Gamble. Just--
我不是来打架的,Gamble女士。只是。。。
Russell...
swears to me...
对我发誓。。。
that you threatened to have him shot dead.
你威胁说要杀了他
Did you really say that?
你说了那些话吗?
I did, yes.
是的,我说了
Did you also...
你还。。。
give him some indication
给了他一些
that you might love him?
你可能爱上他的表示?
What?
什么?
You gave him no such indication?
你没给他这些表示吗?
I think not.
我认为没有
Mrs. Bakey, hold on.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表