剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
你怎么说的?
I said I couldn't.
我说我不能了
I had work and...
我有工作,但我说了。。。
"maybe tomorrow."
“或许明天吧”
Would you like me to go to him?
你想让我去找他吗?
No. God. No.
不,天啊,不用
Well, this is a treacherous thing.
这是一件有潜在危险的事
The last thing a young attorney needs--
年轻律师最不需要的就是。。。
I'll call it off.
我会取消的
You want me to go with you?
你想让我和你一起去吗?
No.
不用
I will tell him no.
我会去跟他说不的
I saw a vehicle stopped on the side of the road.
我看到了一辆汽车停在路边
At first, I thought it was a police car
最初,我以为是辆警车
because of the lights on the roof
因为车顶上有灯
and the way it was painted.
还有车上的涂漆样式
Did you see anyone near the vehicle?
你看到车附近有人吗?
The defendant.
是被告
He was in what looked like a policeman's uniform
他穿着像是警♥察♥的制♥服♥
and was standing at the rear of the car.
站在车尾
The trunk was open, and he had a flashlight,
后备箱开着,他拿着手电筒
so I assumed he was trying to change a flat tire.
于是我以为他是要换轮胎
What did you do? I pulled over myself
- 你做了什么?
- 我靠边停下车
to see if I could help.
看看是不是能帮帮他
That's when I realized he wasn't one of us.
那时我才发现他不是警♥察♥
He was a security guard for a private company.
他是一家私人公♥司♥的保安
And what happened after you saw him, officer?
警官,你看到他之后发生了什么?
Well, the minute he saw me, he slammed the trunk
他一看到我就砰的一声关上了后备箱
like he didn't want me to see inside.
好像是他不想让我看到里面
So naturally, I got suspicious.
很自然我对此产生怀疑
I asked him, "What's going on?"
我问他“怎么了?”
He told me he was just having a cigarette.
他跟我说他只是抽根烟
Company wouldn't allow him to smoke in the car,
说公♥司♥不允许在车里抽烟
only I didn't see any cigarettes.
只是我没有看到什么香烟
He was acting in a furtive and suspicious manner?
他的行为有些鬼鬼祟祟吗?
Objection. Sustained.
- 反对
- 反对有效
Were you afraid he might go for a weapon?
你怕他会去拿武器吗?
Objection.
反对
Mr. Walsh...
Walsh先生。。。
HOPE: I tried to follow up with a few more questions,
我试着再问了他几个问题
where he worked, what shift he was on,
在哪儿工作,轮什么班
only he wouldn't say anything.
但他什么也不说
He just stood there and then he tried to leave.
他只是站在那里,然后他想要离开
Did you let him go?
你让他走了吗?
No, I could tell something was wrong.
没有,我能看出来肯定有问题
So I asked him to open up the trunk and he did.
所以我要他打开后备箱,他照办了
And what was in the trunk?
后备箱里有什么?
HOPE: I found a woman, a body.
我发现一个女人的尸体
It was lying on its side in a curled up position.
侧着身子蜷缩着躺着
There were bruises all around the neck,
脖子上到处都是瘀伤
the apparent victim of strangulation.
很显然是被勒毙的
It was later I learned it was Carol Dalton.
后来我知道她叫Carol Dalton
You asked him to open the trunk or told him to?
你是请他还是让他打开后备箱的?
It was a request.
那是一个请求
Where was your weapon? It was drawn.
- 当时你的枪在哪儿?
- 拔♥出♥来♥了
So it was a request while you were pointing
这么说你在请求的时候
a gun at him.
正拿枪对着他
Yes.
是的
DOLE: You didn't know there was a body
你并不知道
in the trunk, did you?
后备箱里有具尸体,对吗?
Not before he opened it, no.
对,打开之前不知道
DOLE: Didn't see blood on the car
在被告的衣服和车上没有看见血迹吧?
or the defendant's clothes?
在被告的衣服和车上没有看见血迹吧?
HOPE: No.
没有
DOLE: What about sounds from inside?
从车里有声音传出来吗?
Did you hear screaming or cries for help?
你听到尖叫声或呼救声了吗?
Obviously not. She was dead.
当然没有,她已经死了
So as I understand your testimony,
所以按我对你证词的理解
if he had had cigarettes,
如果他拿着烟
you wouldn't have searched his trunk.
你就不会去搜查他的后备箱了
That's not what I said. I testified
我可没这么说,我说的是
he was acting suspiciously.
他行为可疑
Because he didn't have cigarettes and was evasive
因为他没拿着烟而且回避有关他在哪儿工作的问题
about where he worked.
因为他没拿着烟而且回避有关他在哪儿工作的问题
HOPE: He wouldn't answer any of my questions.
我问的问题他一个也没有回答
DOLE: So you searched his trunk
所以因为他不回答问题
because he chose not to talk.
你就去搜查他的后备箱
Your client had a dead woman in the trunk of his car.
你的当事人的车后备箱有具女人尸体
Bottom line, I was right.
重点是,我做对了
DOLE: Is it your testimony when you asked him
你是做证说,在要求他打开后备箱的时候
to open the trunk,
你是做证说,在要求他打开后备箱的时候
you suspected he had a dead woman inside?
你就怀疑他后备箱里有个死去的女人?
I knew he had something.
我知道他有些问题
DOLE: You knew he had something,
你知道他有些问题
just not cigarettes.
只是没有抽烟
Now what?
现在怎么办?
We'll make summations to the judge.
我们会向法庭做辩论总结
If we win, like I said,
就像我说的,如果我们赢了
we're in a position--
我们会处于。。。
What if we lose?
如果输了呢?
Then we'll either plead or go to trial.
那我们不是认罪就是进入庭审
So maybe I have better negotiation power now.
那也许现在我更有谈判筹码
Maybe we can make a deal now.
也许我们现在能达成认罪交易
DOLE: Stanley,
Stanley
they're not willing to deal now,
他们现在不会愿意做交易的
and even if they were,
即使他们愿意
you have good fourth-amendment issues here.
现在存在对你有利的第四修正案争议问题
My advice would be to play this hearing out.
我的建议是把听证会开完
Okay.
好吧
Okay.
那好吧
Commonwealth has one rebuttal witness, Your Honor.
检方有一个反驳证人,法官大人
We call Margot Barrett. YOUNG: Objection.
- 我们要传Margot Barrett出庭
- 反对
Margot Barrett enjoys spousal privilege.The Commonwealth knows--
Margot Barrett享有配偶特权,而检方明知。。。
And Mrs. Barrett has the right to exercise it,
有权行使配偶特权的是Barrett夫人
not Mr. Young's or his client's.
而不是Young先生或者他的当事人
Margot Barrett is willing to testify.
Margot Barrett愿意出庭作证
She can't testify about private conversations.
她不能就私人谈话来作证
That's not why we're calling her.
我们不是为这个传她出庭的
Approach.
上前来吧
This is definitely unfair surprise.
这绝对是突然袭击呀
She's on the witness list.
她在证人名单上
YOUNG: Ours not yours.
是我们而不是你们的证人
GAMBLE: Point is you're prepared for her.
关键是你已经帮她做好了准备
No, we are not.
不,我们没有
Have you interviewed this woman?
你和这个女人约谈过吗?
Yes.
是的
Then what's the problem?
那有什么问题呢?
The problem is it's unfair surprise--
问题在于这是突然袭击。。。。
GAMBLE: I'm only calling her to impeach.
我传她出庭只是为了质疑被告的证词
WHITE: All right, look,
好吧,听我的
we'll suspend for the day
我们今天暂停
so defense can get ready.
以便辩方可以做些准备
Tomorrow, we'll start with Mrs. Barrett.
明天,从Barrett夫人作证开始
Now step back.
现在退下吧
We're adjourned.
休庭
What the hell is she going to say?
她到底会说些什么?
I have no idea.
我也不知道
DOLE: Your Honor,
法官大人
we can all guess
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表