剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
因为他有瘾了
You mean, he lacked the will to stop?
你是说,他没有戒酒的意愿?
BLOOMBERG: That oversimplifies it.
这样说过于简单了
People think alcoholics
人们认为酗酒者
lack willpower.
缺乏意志力
I wish it were that easy.
我真希望这么简单就好了
The brain chemistry is changed.
因为大脑的化学性质发生了变化
Telling a severely impaired alcoholic
告诉一个酗酒的人别喝酒
not to drink is like telling someone
就好比告诉一个人
not to go to the bathroom.
别去上厕所一样
We're talking about an overwhelming urge
我们所谈的是与身体机能
related to a bodily function.
有关的强烈的欲望
Come on, doctor, it's not like
噢,医生,看起来
he had no choice here.
他并不是没有选择余地的呀
He chose to drink initially.
他最初选择了喝酒
BLOOMBERG: Of course he did,
当然了
like smokers choose to smoke,
就像吸烟的人选择吸烟一样
like people choose to use cocaine.
或者像人们选择使用可♥卡♥因♥一样
But once the addiction took hold,
但是一旦酒瘾发作
he was robbed of his free will.
他的自主意志就被剥夺了
That kid was dying on the street,
那个孩子死在街头
homeless, for God's sake.
无家可归,上帝啊
Does anybody think he chose that?
有人会认为那是他选择的吗?
GRUNDEL: Many alcoholics do recover.
许多酗酒者确实康复了
As do many smokers.
和许多吸烟者一样
That doesn't mean the addiction's not real.
这并不意味着上瘾不是真的
But, doctor, you make it sound like
但是,医生,你让这听起来像是
an involuntary affliction,
一种非自愿的折磨
when, in fact, as you-- I make it sound like
- 实际上,当你。。。
- 我是让这听起来像是
a disease, Counsel.
一种病,律师
The very definition of disease
疾病的真正定义
is an involuntary disability,
就是一种非自愿的残疾
which Michael Berry had.
Michael Berry就是这样的
May I be allowed to finish my questions?
能让我问完吗?
BLOOMBERG: You may, but if you wrongfully
你可以,但如果你错误地
restate my answers, I'll interrupt.
重新表述我的话,我就要打断你
WEEKS: Doctor, this isn't a rugby match.
医生,这不是一场橄榄球比赛
GRUNDEL: What is the likelihood
如果一个人适量饮酒
if one drinks moderately
他或她会喝酒上瘾
that he or she will become addicted to alcohol?
的可能性有多大?
I can't answer that.
这我回答不了
No one can.
没人能回答
Alcohol affects people differently.
酒精对人的影响因人而异
We need to do more studies,
我们需要做更多的研究
which they haven't done.
目前还没有结论
GRUNDEL: In your experience,
根据你的经验
if someone drinks moderately,
如果一个人适量饮酒
how likely is it--
有多大可能。。。
It's extremely likely that young kids
青少年很可能
won't drink moderately--
不会适量地饮酒。。。
If a person drinks responsibly
如果一个人理性和适量地饮酒
in moderation,
如果一个人理性和适量地饮酒
he or she is not likely
他或她不大可能上瘾吧
to become addicted.
他或她不大可能上瘾吧
That would be fair.
这样说还算恰当
Thank you.
谢谢你
I need you to look at me, Janice.
我要你看着我,Janice
You see, we're on a bit of a time crunch here.
你知道,我们的时间有点紧
I'm scheduled to be killed next week.
我的刑期定在下周
If I'm gonna help you,
如果我要帮你
I need to make fast progress.
我需要加快进程
Now, how about we...
现在,我们
let that anger give way to greed, then?
让那愤怒让位于欲望如何?
You will probably be the last person
你可能会是最后一个
who gets to talk to me.
和我交谈的人了
You could write an article,
你可以写篇文章
get paid for it.
得到报酬
Lots of good things could come from you
和我沟通会对你很有益
talking to me.
和我沟通会对你很有益
Janice...
it all starts with your eyes
只要你能和我
finding mine.
开始目光交汇
MARSHALL: I can't tell you how many kids
我无法告诉你她改变了
whose lives she's rerouted.
多少孩子的生活
She connects with every single one, too.
她也和每个人都可以建立关系
She'll get to this one, too.
这一个也会的
You watch.
你瞧着吧
All the appeals are exhausted?
所有的上诉方法都试过了?
MARSHALL: Every one.
都试过了
There's a petition for a stay
向最高法♥院♥提交了一份要求暂缓执行的请♥愿♥书
with the Supreme Court,
向最高法♥院♥提交了一份要求暂缓执行的请♥愿♥书
but that's not going to happen.
但那不会有用的
Look, as I said,
我说过
I'm pro-death penalty,
我赞成死刑
but this one,
但这次
she's something.
她不是一般人
The problem is that I am also a murderer.
问题是我也是个杀人犯
At least, I was before I got on the medication.
至少在我进行药物治疗前是的
I shot a 13-year-old boy
我开枪杀了一个在攀爬架上
playing on a jungle gym,
玩耍的13岁大的男孩
and then I pointed the gun
然后我把枪口转向
and shot his 11-year-old brother.
他11岁的弟弟并杀了他
I was every bit the monster
检方让我觉得自己是个十足的恶魔
the prosecution made me out to be.
检方让我觉得自己是个十足的恶魔
You need to be clear about that.
你们必须清楚这一点
You mentioned medication.
你提到了药物治疗
What medication?
什么药?
I've been on a psychotropic cocktail
在过去的八年里我一直在服用
for the last eight years.
一种混合的精神药物
And before you took it?
在你吃这些药之前呢?
Monster.
是个恶魔
You weren't listening.
你没听我说吧
FRUTT: Did you argue diminished capacity at the trial?
在庭审过程中你提出了行为能力下降的辩护理由了吗?
Yes, it failed.
是的,但没有成立
The jury saw me sane
陪审团认为我神志正常
since I was medicated for the trial, also.
因为我在庭审期间也服用了药物
Forced?
是被迫的吗?
Sorry?
什么?
The medication you took for the trial
你在庭审期间服药
was it forced?
是被迫的吗?
Well it had to be,
肯定是的
I had no capacity to consent.
由不得我
Why?
为什么?
I'm just searching for an angle.
我只是要寻找一个不同的角度
Well, the insanity one's been tried.
呃,那个疯子已经受到审判了
We need to come up with something else.
我们需要想些别的事了
FRUTT: You seem...
你看起来。。。
well, most death-row inmates
呃,大多数死囚
have a little desperation going,
都有些绝望
especially as the day gets closer.
尤其是在这一天越来越近的时候
Is there a way you want me to act?
你是想让我表现得那样吗?
No, but...
不,但是
FREEMAN: You know, the funny thing is,
知道吗,有趣的是
there's a calm that comes with it.
随之而来的是一种宁静
Actually I'm a prolific worrier.
我实际上是个多愁善感的人
But now, you know,
但现在
I'm not afraid of getting cancer,
我不怕患上癌症
financial security,
不怕财务保障问题
problems in the Middle East.
也不操心中东局势
None of that gets to me.
没有什么会影响我
I--I'm gonna be dead in a week.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表