剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
- 不,你能以律师的身份来评论
as a lawyer.
- 好了吧,伙计们
- 不,你能以律师的身份来评论
I'd even appreciate that.
我会很感激你的
But I don't need you
但我不需要你
flapping your Catholic feathers.
舞动着你那天主教的羽毛
Eugene. WASHINGTON: Hey, you guys.
- Eugene
- 嘿,你们俩
BERLUTI: Hey, if I ever said to you,
喂,如果我曾对你说过
"Stop flapping your black wings,"
“别拍打你的黑翅膀了”
you'd jump out--
你会跳起来的
see me do that. BERLUTI: Hey,
- 你试试看
- 喂
let me tell you something,
我告诉你
the fact that I don't like stem cell research,
我不喜欢干细胞研究
it goes to humanity, not religion.
是涉及到人性,而不是宗教
But since you bring it up,
但既然你提到了
I don't apologize for being Catholic.
我不为自己是天主教♥徒♥而道歉
And I'm sick and tired of you
对于你和其他人向天主教宣战
and everyone else
对于你和其他人向天主教宣战
declaring war on Catholicism
我感到恶心和厌烦
just because-- YOUNG: I haven't declared war on anything.
- 就是因为。。。
- 我没有对什么宣过战
Yes, you have.
不,你宣战了
Because of a few bad priests.
因为有几个坏牧师
Yes, you have, and I'm sick of it.
对,你宣战了,我对此感到恶心
DONNELL: All right, that's enough.
好了,够了
Both of you.
你们俩都说够了
You focus on the case.
你专注于这个案子
You stay away from him.
你离他远一点
I didn't provoke that one.
不是我惹的事
HATCHER: Donnell, Young, Dole, and Frutt.
Donnell, Young, Dole, and Frutt事务所
Oh, I'm sorry.
哦,对不起
You've got the wrong number.
你打错了
Everyone makes that mistake.
每个人都弄错了
Uh, I believe the number you're looking for is
呃,我想你要拨的号♥码是
557-run-a-rod-up-your-rectum.
557捅你的菊花
Bye.
再见
WASHINGTON: I don't mean to criticize your work.
我不是故意要挑你的工作的毛病
They were looking for the lawyer
他们在找给胎儿工厂辩护的律师,Rebecca
defending the fetus factory, Rebecca.
他们在找给胎儿工厂辩护的律师,Rebecca
I see. Well, as long as you don't inflame them.
我明白了,好吧,只要你不激怒他们
These people are already on fire, Rebecca.
这些人已经怒了,Rebecca
These people?
这些人?
Jimmy...
You support what this laboratory
你支持这个实验室正在做的事吗,Rebecca?
is doing, Rebecca?
你支持这个实验室正在做的事吗,Rebecca?
Really?
真的吗?
WASHINGTON: Look at our client base.
看看我们的客户群
How many engage in activities we support?
有多少人干的是我们支持的事呢?
That doesn't fly.
那些是不会得到大众认可的
Here, we're enabling the activity.
而这个,我们正在使其成为可能
EMERSON: I love music
我喜欢音乐
and I'm very fond of Maxine.
我也很喜欢Maxine
She knows this.
她心知肚明
She's a good person,
她是个好人
but I just can't take it.
但我就是受不了
Take what, Mr. Emerson?
受不了什么,Emerson先生?
The singing.
受不了她唱歌♥
Every morning, 8:15.
每天早上8:15
And it's the same song,
同一首歌♥
One Moment in Time.
同样的时候
She bellows it.
她就吼了起来
My walls practically shake.
我的墙几乎都在摇晃
Is this really such a problem?
这真的是个问题吗?
You know, I said the same thing to myself, at first.
你知道,一开始我也是对自己这么说的
It's just a few minutes.
就几分钟嘛
What's the big deal?
有啥大不了的嘛?
And it's not like she has a bad voice.
她嗓音也不错
But (sighs) well,
但是,哎
when I bought this condo,
当我买♥♥下这套公♥寓♥时
it was mine, you know?
那是我的产业,懂吗?
And a person looks to realize a few dreams
当一个人成为一个业主
when he becomes a property owner.
他期待着达成一些梦想
You know what I mean, Judge?
你知道我的意思吗,法官大人?
I'm sure I do,
我相信我懂得
but I never tire of hearing it said aloud.
但是我绝对不会讨厌听你大声说出来
EMERSON: Well, my dream was a cup of coffee
那好,我的梦想就是一杯咖啡
and the morning paper.
还有早报
A quiet cup of coffee
一杯宁静的咖啡
in my very own dominion,
在我自己的领地内
as I sit and read the sports section.
坐着看体育专栏
I don't get this.
我没得到这些
I get One Moment in Time
我得到的是那首“One Moment in Time”
(惠特妮·休斯顿的名曲)
every single day.
日复一日
Did you ever ask her to stop?
你可曾请她别唱了呢?
Yes.
是的
She said she just had to sing it,
她说她就是不得不唱
and it had to be in the morning,
还必须在早上
and it had to be loud.
必须要放开嗓子
It was her way to get ready
这是她迎接新的一天的准备方式
to face her day.
这是她迎接新的一天的准备方式
And I just couldn't take it anymore.
可我是再也受不了了
So we took steps to stop it.
所以我们采取措施阻止它
DAVIES: So you don't deny
那么你不否认
you rezoned this district
你们重新分区是
to purposely put the Wayne Cell
故意要让Wayne干细胞研究所停业吗?
Technology Institute out of business?
故意要让Wayne干细胞研究所停业吗?
We feel it poses a danger to the community.
我们觉得其对社区构成了威胁
It represents a magnet for protest,
它招致抗♥议♥
possibly violent protest,
很可能是暴♥力♥的抗♥议♥
even religious terrorism.
甚至宗教恐♥怖♥主♥义♥
DAVIES: Because their research
因为他们涉及干细胞的研究吗?
involves stem cell research?
因为他们涉及干细胞的研究吗?
Yes.
是的
Abortion clinics have been attacked
堕胎诊所受到攻击
and similarly rezoned
也因为安全考虑
because of safety concerns.
进行类似的变更土地用途分区
We did the same thing.
我们做的是同样的事情
So this is all about safety?
所以这一切都是出于安全考虑?
Yes.
对
Protecting lives?
保护生命?
BLAIN: Yes.
没错
Protecting human life?
保护人类的生命?
I know where you're going,
我知道你想往哪儿引导
and that wasn't it.
但不是那样的
You're a member of the Republican party, Mr. Blain?
你是共和党人吗,Blain先生?
Objection. This doesn't concern politics.
反对,这和政♥治♥无关
Oh, it doesn't? The issue before this Court
- 哦,没关系吗?
- 法庭面对的问题是
is whether the zoning board
是否分区委员会
acted capriciously.
任性行事
I agree.
我同意这一点
The objection is sustained.
反对有效
You say, sir,
先生,你说了
the Wayne Cell Technology Institute
Wayne干细胞研究所
might be a magnet for violent protest
因为他们的研究项目
because of the type of research it does.
可能会招致暴♥力♥抗♥议♥
Correct.
对
Has it ever been targeted,
据你所知,他们曾被作为抗♥议♥的目标吗?
No. Are we supposed to wait till it happens?
没有,但难道我们应该等到它发生吗?
YOUNG: Ever received any threats?
受到过威胁吗?
I don't know where you've lived
我不知道你去年住在哪里,Young先生
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表