剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
告诉我们应该恐惧的时候
I'll remind you, Ms. Taylor,
Taylor女士,我要提醒你
that you're under oath.
你是发过誓的
We had a lot of surprises earlier, didn't we?
我们之前有很多意料之外,不是吗?
Turns out you were gone from the house.
你其实是离开过家的
Sophie Taylor isn't your real name.
而Sophie Taylor不是你的真实姓名
Kind of begs the question, doesn't it?
这就有些疑问了,不是吗?
You killed Jason Scott, didn't you?
你杀了Jason Scott,不是吗?
What? It was you.
- 什么?
- 就是你
What are you doing? What's going on?
- 你在干什么?
- 搞什么呀?
Mr. Young...
Young先生。。。
YOUNG: Your Honor, I have reason
法官大人,我有理由
to suspect this woman of the murder.
怀疑这个女人是凶手
This woman is a felon.
这个女人是重罪犯
What state did you flee
在你被发现贪污之后
after you were caught embezzling?
你从哪个州逃出来的?
Hey. What's your name, ma'am?
- 嘿
- 你叫什么名字,女士?
I told you that in private. You're not my client, ma'am.
- 我是私下告诉你的
- 你不是我的当事人,夫人
What's your name? You can't do this.
- 你的名字是什么?
- 你不能这样干
Tell us who you are.
告诉我们你是谁
Your Honor, I plead the Second Amendment.
法官大人,我援引第二修正案
Let's try the Fifth.
我们还是用第五修正案吧
Did you kill Jason Scott? No!
- 是你杀了Jason Scott吧?
- 不!
You had keys to his house, her car.
你有他家和她的车的钥匙
You could've easily taken one of Cassie's hairs
你可以轻易地拿到一根Cassie的头发
and stuck it to a bat.
粘到球棒上
Your Honor. SOPHIE: What?
- 法官大人
- 什么?
You're crazy. YOUNG: Your Honor,
- 你疯了
- 法官大人
I demand you order this woman
我要求你命令这个女人
to reveal her real name!
公布她的真实姓名
Maybe she's killed others.
也许她还杀了别的人
Mr. Young, settle down.
Young先生,平静下来
Now.
立刻
You know what, Ms. Taylor,
我跟你说,Taylor女士
or whoever you are,
不管你到底是谁
I am going to order you
我命令你
to tell us your true identity.
说出你的真实身份
Otherwise, I will hold you in contempt.
否则,我要以藐视法庭罪拘押你
Marge Fennell.
我叫Marge Fennel
I'm from Connecticut.
我来自康涅狄格州
And who did you embezzle from, Ms. Fennell?
Fennell女士,你贪污了谁的钱?
I didn't.
我没有贪污
I just made it up
我编出来的
to make me sound a little exotic.
只是为了让我听起来有些与众不同
I got a speeding ticket once.
我只收过一次超速罚单
Well, we had to at least try.
我们至少得试试
Now what?
现在呢?
Showtime, I guess. Showtime?
- 我想是作秀时间
- 作秀时间?
I thought we already had Showtime.
我以为我们已经作过秀了
What are you gonna do now?
你现在打算怎么办?
I'm going to close.
我准备做结案陈词了
FRUTT: With what?
说些什么呀?
United States of America.
美♥利♥坚♥合众国
MAN: be seated.
请坐下
I find it almost unimaginable
我觉得这几乎难以置信
that we are in court to decide
我们要在法庭上来决定
whether it is permissible
是否许可
for an airline to discriminate
一家航♥空♥公♥司♥基于种族因素
against a group
来区别对待一个群体
based on its ethnicity.
来区别对待一个群体
It is a flat-out violation
这是完全违反了
of the Civil Rights Act of 196♥4♥,
196♥4♥年的民权法案
The Commerce Clause,
和商业条款
and the idea repulses me.
这个想法让我反感
It is unimaginable.
这是难以想象的
But I'm reminded of a column I read
但我想起了我在纽♥约♥时♥报♥上
in the New York Times
读过的Thomas Friedman
by Thomas Friedman.
写的一篇专栏
He said what happened
他说发生在911的事是。。。
on September the 11th was...
他说发生在911的事是。。。
beyond unimaginable.
难以想象的
It wasn't so much our intelligence agencies
与其说是我们的情报机构
as it was our imaginations
不如说是我们的想象力出问题了
that failed.
不如说是我们的想象力出问题了
We simply couldn't conceive
我们简直无法想象
that educated people,
那些来自优越家庭的
from privileged homes no less,
受过教育的人竟然
would turn a plane
会把一架飞机
into a missile,
变成一枚导弹
killing themselves
杀死自己和那么多无辜的人
and so many innocent people.
杀死自己和那么多无辜的人
Mr. Furst, you are asking me
Furst先生,你在要求我
to weigh the principles of law,
在法律的理性的或许是道德的原则
of reason, perhaps morality,
在法律的理性的或许是道德的原则
against a phenomenon of terrorism
与那些公认没有这些原则界限的恐♥怖♥主♥义♥现象之间
that knows
与那些公认没有这些原则界限的恐♥怖♥主♥义♥现象之间
no such boundaries.
做出权衡
That's why the government
这也就是为什么当局
has so much as admitted
甚至承认
they don't know what steps to take
他们不知道该采取什么措施
against the ones waiting to strike next.
去对付等待下一次袭击的人
They are beyond our imagination.
他们超出了我们的想象
Ms. Dole, you mentioned
Dole女士,你提到
that you loved being an American.
你愿意做一个美国人
So do I.
我也是
I became a judge first and foremost
我做为一个法官首要的
to protect those liberties
是保护宪法赋予我们的自♥由♥
so afforded us by the constitution,
是保护宪法赋予我们的自♥由♥
those freedoms
那些我们都很珍惜的自♥由♥
that we all hold so precious,
那些我们都很珍惜的自♥由♥
and, until recently,
直到最近
so fundamental.
这都是最根本的
But the reality is we make exceptions
但是现实是
to our constitutional rights
我们总是允许对我们的宪法权利
all the time,
有所例外
be it freedom of speech,
不管是言论自♥由♥
religion,
还是宗教
none of them is absolute.
它们都不是绝对的
The legal test for doing something
做出如此明显违宪的事情的
so patently unconstitutional is,
法律标准总的来说就是
basically, you better have a damn good reason.
你最好有个非常好的理由
There has been one other long-standing reality
这个国家还有一个长♥期♥存在的实际情况
in this country.
这个国家还有一个长♥期♥存在的实际情况
If not safe,
如果得不到安全
one can never be free.
那绝对不会有自♥由♥
With great personal disgust,
虽然我个人感到非常厌恶
I am denying the plaintiff's motion
但我还是要驳回原告提出的
for a TRO.
临时禁制令动议
We can all take consolation in knowing
我们知道这项裁决可能不会被上诉
that this ruling probably won't stick on appeal,
而都会因此感到宽慰
but let's not kid ourselves.
但我们不要自欺欺人
The day is soon coming when it will.
这一天很快就会到来
Plaintiff's motion denied.
原告的动议被驳回
We're adjourned.
休庭
Counselor.
律师
Thank you, Lindsay.
谢谢你,Lindsay
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表