剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
他办公室的沙发上
For the next several sessions, I would talk...
在接下来的几次,我和他谈话。。。
while naked.
是光着身子的
And, uh, then it began to progress
然后,呃,然后他进而和我躺在一起
where he would lie down with me,
然后,呃,然后他进而和我躺在一起
clothed...
他穿着衣服
and hold me,
抱着我
to help me...
帮助我。。。
with my phobia of physical intimacy,
就如他所说的那样
as he would put it.
帮我克服对身体亲密的恐惧
And then he would take off his clothes
然后他会脱掉他的衣服
and lie down next to me naked as well.
和我一样光着身子躺在一起
Soon after that, he began to molest me.
不久后,他开始对我猥亵
Arvin...
did you ever talk to Walter Beck about this?
你对Walter Beck说过这些吗?
I didn't tell him specifically what was happening,
我没有告诉他具体发生了什么事
but I raised questions.
但我提出了问题
I asked Walter how much he trusted this priest,
我问Walter他是不是很信任这个神父
and Walter always spoke incredibly highly of him.
而Walter总是对他评价极好
So you continued to have sessions
所以你继续接受Brindle神父的治疗
with father Brindle.
所以你继续接受Brindle神父的治疗
GRAYSON: Yes.
是的
And then he began...
再后来他开始。。。
to penetrate me...
用手捅我的。。。
with his hands.
用手捅我的。。。
FRUTT: Did you ever tell anybody?
你跟别人说过吗?
GRAYSON: No.
没有
Why not?
为什么不说呢?
Embarrassment...
难堪。。。
shame, fear.
羞耻,害怕
He was a very well-respected priest,
他是一位非常受人尊敬的神父
and I thought perhaps I was the only one,
我想也许我是唯一的一个
so I made a decision to stay quiet.
所以我决定保持沉默
FRUTT: And then?
然后呢?
GRAYSON: Then after about a year...
差不多一年后。。。
I stopped.
我没再去了
My life went on.
我继续生活
Certainly not well.
当然生活并不顺心
For the next 20 some odd years,
在接下来的20多年里
I tried to get those sessions out of my mind,
我努力要忘掉那些事
until the allegations came out
直到有人指责他对别人也做了这样的事
that he had done it to others.
直到有人指责他对别人也做了这样的事
And at that point, you came forward?
你是在那时站出来的?
I joined a class action lawsuit
我加入了一个
against the church and Father Brindle.
针对教堂和Father尔神父的集体诉讼
And as I was reviewing the pleadings,
当我在查阅诉状时
I came across the name of an old friend of mine,
我偶然发现一个老朋友的名字
Walter Beck.
And I read that he had been molested
我看到说他也被猥亵了
by the same priest...
在我之前。。。
before me.
同一个神父。。。
He spoke so highly of him.
他对他评价很好
He's the reason I went to him.
因为他我才去找那个神父的
You let me walk into that room...
使你让我走进那个房♥间。。。
Objection.
反对
...knowing exactly
。。。你完全清楚
what was waiting for me.
等着我的是什么
Your Honor. PENDER: Mr. Grayson,
- 法官大人
- Grayson先生
please don't address the defendant, sir.
请不要对被告说话
A deposition?
证人陈述?
I would like to get his account on record.
我想把他的陈述记录在案
That way... DOLE: Jamie,
- 那样的话。。。
- Jamie
this is just a couple having a fight.
这不过是一对夫妻吵架
Ex-couple.
是前夫妻
And I couldn't agree more.
我对此完全同意
But I think that by formalizing
但是我认为通过证人陈述
the proceedings with a deposition,
使诉讼程序正式化
it might cause them to take a step back
可能会使他们知难而退
and say, "Whoa."
可能会使他们知难而退
There's no complain filed.
都没有提出起诉状呀
I know. And maybe
我知道,如果我们这样做
there won't be if we do this.
也许就不会有了
The goal is to make this go away quickly, right?
我们的目的就是赶紧了事,对吗?
And you simply can't wait to take your first deposition.
是你迫不及待地想要第一次做证人陈述吧
Does it show?
你这都能看出来啊?
It's just that...
这只是。。。
for it to be against you-- talk about irony.
为了和你当对手。。。我是说反话呢
You are such a role model for me.
你可是我的楷模啊
I am?
我是吗?
Yes.
真的
Not on stuff like anger management,
不是在情绪控制方面
but professionally.
而是在专业上
After you'd been molested by Father Brindle...
你被Brindle神父猥亵之后
Raped.
是强♥奸♥
...did you tell anybody?
。。。你和别人说过吗?
Not for 20 years.
这20年都没有说过
And as you read the pleadings
而当你看了集体诉讼的诉状
in the class action complaint,
而当你看了集体诉讼的诉状
you saw that many other boys after you had also been molested,
你看到了有很多别的男孩在你之后也被猥亵了
is that correct, sir?
对吗,先生?
Yes.
是的
Would those boys have a cause of action
那些男孩有理由对你的缄口不言提出责难吗?
against you for not telling?
那些男孩有理由对你的缄口不言提出责难吗?
I didn't know those other boys.
我不认识那些男孩
As I testified, I thought
我作证时说了,我以为
that I was the only victim, so...
我是唯一的受害者,所以。。。
Did you tell Walter you'd been molested?
你跟Walter说过你被猥亵了吗?
I told him that I no longer trusted this priest
我跟他说过我不再信任这个神父了
and that he should be careful around him.
他应该要对他小心点
But you didn't tell Walter you'd been molested.
但是你没有告诉Walter你被猥亵了
No.
没有
So he's expected to tell you stuff you don't tell him.
那他就该告诉你那些你并没有告诉他的事
GRAYSON: He didn't just not tell,
他可不仅仅是没说而已
he vouched for this priest.
他为这个神父做了担♥保♥
I didn't do that with him.
我可没有这么对他
ATTORNEY: You've testified that...
你作证说过。。。
one of the reasons you didn't come forward
你没有站出来的理由之一
was because...
是因为
you thought there was the possibility
你以为有可能你是唯一的受害者
that you were the only one being victimized,
你以为有可能你是唯一的受害者
did you not say that, sir?
先生,你是那么说的吗?
Yes.
是的
Did you allow for the possibility
那Beck先生也会
that Mr. Beck also thought
以为他是唯一的受害者
that he was the only victim?
你考虑到有这种可能吗?
Even if he thought that,
即使他那么以为
you don't just sit by quietly
也不该坐视不理
and let your best friend
让你的好朋友
fall into a sex pervert's clutches.
落入性变♥态♥的魔掌里
He could have and should have said something,
他本能也本该说点什么
instead he endorsed the guy.
而不是给那家伙打包票
FRUTT: I thought he held up okay.
我觉得他的理由还站得住脚
YOUNG: I don't know.
我说不好
This comes down to a definition of friendship.
这说到底是如何定义友情
Slippery slope becomes a cliff.
斜坡变成了悬崖
(Slippery slope理论被视为一种谬误,
Eugene的意思可能是原告的理由过度夸大了因果关系)
Are you ready for the defendant?
你做好对被告交叉盘问的准备了吗?
Don't worry.
别担心
I'll get him.
我会搞定他的
FRUTT: You know, Eugene,
Eugene,你明白的
this thing with the priests and the sex abuse,
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表