剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
我们不会放弃的
I promise you that.
我向你保证这一点
Why are you being so kind?
你为什么对我这么好?
Because I know you're innocent.
因为我知道你是无辜的
And because you feel responsible?
也因为你感到对此负有责任吗?
I know the real kidnapper is your client.
我知道真正的绑♥架♥者是你的当事人
I read the newspapers.
我看了报纸
Like you said,
如你所说
it's why I was arrested.
这是我被逮捕的原因
Why can't you just tell the police who she is?
为什么你不干脆告诉警方她是谁呢?
Because I can't.
因为我不能那样做
I'll do almost anything else,
其他的事我几乎都可以做
but I can't do that.
但这个我不能做
Yes, you can.
不,你能做的
You mean you won't.
你的意思是你不会去做
I won't.
我不会的
I'm gonna be convicted.
我会被定罪的
We all know it.
我们都明白这点
And you won't tell.
而你不会去说出真♥相♥
That must be very hard to live with.
那一定很难忍♥受的
Is it?
是吗?
Has anybody seen Jamie?
有人看到Jamie了吗?
HATCHER: She said something about an appointment.
她说过有一个预约
Please let her know she's expected
请通知她我们要她和我们一起去
to check in with us.
请通知她我们要她和我们一起去
Ellenor,
can I see you a second in my office?
能来我办公室一会儿吗?
You know that I know
你知道我是认为
you tried an excellent case.
你的案子是办得很好的
But judging from the questions
但根据高等法♥院♥给Bec提出的问题来看
the Supreme Court put to Bec,
但根据高等法♥院♥给Bec提出的问题来看
we think they think
我们觉得他们是认为
there was inadequate counsel.
存在律师辩护不力的情况
They were group mistakes.
这种情况是集体的错误
No, they were mine.
不,是我的错误
They were trial blunders.
那些是庭审中的失误
The decisions were-- FRUTT: Bobby,
- 这些决定是。。。
- Bobby
I was at the S. J. C.
我去了高等法♥院♥
I heard the questions.
我听到那些问题了
They were trial mistakes.
那些是庭审中的错误
YOUNG: We're going to start preparing an appeal
我们要开始准备基于无效辩护理由的上诉
on ineffective assistance.
我们要开始准备基于无效辩护理由的上诉
It might be too late, but...
这也许太晚了,不过。。。
We feel we need to try everything.
我们觉得什么都要试一试
I don't disagree with your decision, Bobby.
我不反对你的决定,Bobby
Anything else?
还有别的事吗?
No.
没有了
STRINGER: Ms. Halpern, May I speak to you?
Halpern女士,我可以和你谈谈吗?
I won't take very long.
我不会占你太多时间的
First off,
首先
let me assure you I am not here
我向你保证
at the request of Mr. Berluti.
不是Berluti先生让我来这儿
He'll probably want me fired
如果他发现了这事
when he finds out.
可能会想让我被解雇的
Then why are you here?
那你为什么来这儿?
Well,
是这样的
I've been pretty much an observer on this case,
我在这个案子上几乎是个旁观者
but from my observations,
但根据我的观察
I think it's only a matter of time.
我想这只是时间问题
Ms. Stringer, if they haven't found me after 16 years,
Stringer女士,如果他们16年都没有抓到我
I hardly think-- STRINGER: I don't mean the police.
- 我很难想象。。。
- 我不是说警方
I mean you.
我是说你
I think you're inching
我觉得你再慢慢滑向自首的那一步
towards turning yourself in,
我觉得你再慢慢滑向自首的那一步
whether it's showing up in court
不管是你去法庭旁听
or coming to our office
还是不顾我们的反对跑到我们事务所来
even when we tell you not to.
还是不顾我们的反对跑到我们事务所来
Even by seeking out the victims
甚至通过寻找受害者给她们金钱的补偿
to give them money,
甚至通过寻找受害者给她们金钱的补偿
you were putting something in motion.
你是正在推动这些事
I can't live in jail.
我不能进监狱
Obviously you're having difficulty
显然你对现在事态发展感到棘手
with the way things are now,
显然你对现在事态发展感到棘手
and when Bernice White starts serving
但当Bernice White要开始服二十五年到终身监禁的刑时
a 25-year-to-life term,
但当Bernice White要开始服二十五年到终身监禁的刑时
you will never live with that.
你会绝对无法承受的
I'm not trying to talk you
我不是在说服你去做什么
into anything.
我不是在说服你去做什么
I'm only encouraging you to hurry
我只是鼓励你
to the place you're already headed for,
快点走出你已经要走出的那一步吧
for Bernice White's sake
看在Bernice White的份上
and...
还有。。。
I guess, your own.
我想,也为了你自己
What are you doing here?
你在这儿干吗?
Oh, I just needed to get some signatures.
哦,我只是需要得到一些签字
Signatures on what?
签什么字?
Actually,
其实
we were discussing a crime
我们在讨论一桩我在16年前犯下的罪行
I committed 16 years ago.
我们在讨论一桩我在16年前犯下的罪行
It's a two-prong test.
这是双重证明标准
(美国法律中对无效辩护的证明标准,即由被告人证明
辩护律师失职,且失职行为可导致判决结果的不同)
First, we have to prove that our representation
首先,我们必须证明我们的表现
was measurably below that of an ordinary lawyer.
明显低于普通律师
What's measurably?
怎么衡量呢?
It's like the definition on obscenity.
这就如同对淫秽的定义一样
They know it when they see it.
一看到就明白了
And the second prong?
第二个方面呢?
But for our incompetence,
如果不是我们的失职
Lindsay would've been acquitted.
Lindsay可能会脱罪
Oh, that's gonna be tough to prove.
噢,这一点会很难证明
Bobby, clerk's office, S. J. C.
Bobby,州最高法♥院♥书♥记♥处的电♥话♥
Hello. This is Bobby Donnell.
你好,我是Bobby Donnell
Why didn't they call me?
他们为什么不打给我?
Shh! Shh yourself.
- 嘘!
- 你也别出声
Yes.
是的
Uh-huh.
嗯
Thank you.
谢谢你
Based on Fifth and Sixth Amendment violations,
基于违反第五修正案和第六修正案
Lindsay's conviction has been...
Lindsay的定罪被。。。
reversed.
撤销。
They've ordered a new trial.
他们下令进行重审
Thank you.
谢谢你
It wasn't everything we wanted.
这不是我们最希望的结果
But it's a chance.
但这是一次机会
Thank you.
谢谢你
Congratulations.
祝贺你
I don't give a damn.
我一点也不在乎!
That isn't true.
别装了
WALSH: Hey, it gives me a chance to beat them twice.
喂,这给了我击败他们两次的机会
Truth be told, I hate that firm so much,
说实话,我恨死那家事务所了
just the opportunity to stick it to 'em twice,
这只不过是两次击败他们的机会而已
suddenly, there's something to get juiced for.
这下子,有大事可做了
They'll never win a retrial.
他们绝对不会赢下重审的
You watch, they'll come crawling
你瞧着吧,他们会爬着过来恳求达成交易
looking to plead.
你瞧着吧,他们会爬着过来恳求达成交易
Forget it.
没门儿
She's never getting out of prison.
她永远也出不了监狱的
Never.
永远
You sound a little rabid.
你听起来有点疯了
I know you like those people, Helen.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表