剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
DOLE: Previously on "The Practice"...
前集回顾未作翻译
STRINGER: Okay.
The search seems to be bogus.
She was pulled over for rolling through a stop sign.
Who's sitting? Do you know?
Judge Brenford. Why?
You're home.
I'm sorry?
Brenford is the flirting judge
and you've got blonde hair.
All you have to do is smile at him,
big smile, over the top.
If he thinks you think he's cute,
he'll suppress on the spot.
What?
Your Honor, we'd like to,
you know, waive reading,
if that's all right?
Why are you so happy?
Just happy to be here, Your Honor.
Are you coming onto me?
STRINGER: I would never,
as hard as it is to resist.
I cannot believe you did that.
It was a joke, Jamie.
Calm down.
You humiliated me!
I'm gonna let what little doubt I have cut in your favor.
I'm suppressing the search
and dismissing the indictment.
(gavel bangs)
Excellent.
You're telling me this now?
你们现在跟我说这个?
Normally, we like to present a united front,
通常,我们会展现出意见一致
but Ellenor feels strongly that we should plead and--
但是Ellenor强烈地认为我们应该认罪
Why? FRUTT: Basically, the media.
- 为什么?
- 总的来说是因为舆♥论♥
On the evidence alone, I think our chances are okay,
仅凭证据,我认为我们机会不小
but the press is killing you.
但是媒体正在置你于死地
You're already guilty in the public's eye.
在公众眼里你已经是有罪的了
Jurors are instructed to disregard
陪审员们得到了指示
what they see and hear.
无视他们的所见所闻
FRUTT: Of course they are, but...
当然是这样,但是。。。
these images have been on every broadcast every night.
那些图片每晚都在电视中播出
Look at the pictures.
看看那些图片
I don't need to see them again.
我没必要再去看那些
FRUTT: Steven, to the extent that you're in denial,
Steven,到了以至于你拒绝承认的程度了
I think you do.
我认为是这样的
I want you to really look.
我要你仔细看看
FRUTT: For the past week
过去一周里
leading every broadcast.
所有电视节目的头条
I'm getting a very bad feeling.
我感觉很不好
But you think we can win this?
但你觉得我们能赢吗?
The case is circumstantial.
这个案子只有间接证据
On the evidence, I think we have a shot.
根据证据,我觉得我们有机会
Then I'm going with you.
那我听你的
No plea.
不认罪
Kathy and I met freshman year.
Kathy和我是大一时认识的
She lived on my hall in one of the dorms.
她住在我那楼的一间宿舍里
After that, we got an apartment off campus.
之后,我们在校外租了一套公♥寓♥
She was my best friend for four years.
她是我四年来最好的朋友
Amy, why did you go see Dr. Barrett?
Amy,你为什么要去见Barrett医生
Well, we both decided to get breast implants
呃,我们都决定要做隆胸手术
as kind of a graduation present.
算是某种毕业礼物
We talked to a bunch of different doctors,
我们和很多不同的医生谈过
but Kathy and Steven had this connection.
但Kathy和Steven有关系
GAMBLE: They were a couple.
他们是一对儿
AMY: Oh, yes, even though he was married.
噢,是的,虽然他已婚了
At first, it was just for the surgery,
最初,只是为了做手术
but Kathy had a thing about older guys.
但Kathy对年纪大的男人很感兴趣
GAMBLE: How often did you see them together?
你经常看到他们在一起吗?
AMY: All the time.
一直都是
They went out at least a few nights a week.
他们每周至少出去几个晚上
She was always talking about the restaurants they went to
她总是在谈论他们去的餐馆
or how great it was at his house on the cape.
或者他在海角的房♥子里有多棒
She said they were in love.
她说他们相爱了
Did you ever see them fight?
你见过他们吵架吗?
AMY: I saw them argue a lot.
我经常看到他们吵架
The last time was a few nights before she was killed.
上一次是在她被杀前几天的晚上
Could you hear what they were fighting about?
你能听到他们在吵什么吗?
AMY: The same thing they always did.
吵的总是那些事
Kathy wanted Steven to get a divorce.
Kathy要Steven离婚
I didn't hear everything
我什么都没听清
but it was bad.
但吵得很厉害
She slapped him,
她给了他一巴掌
and she told him to get the hell out.
让他滚出去
Two days later, she was dead.
两天后,她死了
You never heard my client threaten Ms. Vance, did you?
你从没听到过我的当事人威胁Vance女士,对吗?
No.
对
YOUNG: You never saw him hit her
你也从没有看到他打她
or be violent with her in any way?
或者对她有任何暴♥力♥行为?
AMY: No.
没有看到过
YOUNG: And when you saw Ms. Vance
那么当你看到Vance女士
slap Dr. Barrett,
扇Barrett医生的嘴巴时
how did he respond to that?
他有何反应?
He didn't.
他没什么反应
He didn't lose his temper?
他没有发脾气吗?
He didn't hit her back?
他没有回击她吗?
No, he just turned around and walked out.
没有,他只是转身走了
YOUNG: Could you tell us how you heard
你能告诉我们
that Ms. Vance had been killed?
你是怎么知道Vance女士被杀的吗?
I got a phone call from Steven the day she was found.
在她发现的那天,我接到了Steven来的电♥话♥
Then how did he sound when you talked to him?
那你和他谈话的时候,他听起来怎么样?
He was crying.
他在哭
In your opinion, he was devastated.
在你看来他很伤心
Isn't that what you told the police?
你是这样跟警方说的吗?
Yes.
是的
Thank you so much for coming.
非常感谢你能来
Well, you left me six messages.
呃,你留了六条信息
You are such a beautiful woman.
你真漂亮
The newspapers make you look fatter.
在报纸上看你更胖些
Mr. Deeks-- I really needed to see you.
- Deeks先生
- 我真的需要见你
You're the only lawyer who could--
你是我唯一能找的律师。。。
DOLE: Mr. Deeks, I need to stop you.
Deeks先生,我不得不打断你
I read your indictment and the court file.
我看了对你的起诉书和法庭审理档案
I'm sorry. I'm not taking any criminal cases anymore,
很抱歉,我不再接刑事案了
especially murder cases.
尤其是谋杀案
There are many other lawyers who--
还有很多其他律师能。。。
DEEKS: Not like you.
他们跟你不一样
Why am I different?
为什么我有不同?
You killed somebody.
你杀过人
You can understand
你可以理解
what it feels like.
那是怎么回事
And it's in part because I'm still trying to deal with--
那也是一部分原因,因为我依然在试图。。。
I killed somebody.
我杀了人
I took a life.
我害了一条性命
I need someone who understands.
我需要能理解我的人
Why?
为什么?
Because...
因为。。。
I know there's something wrong with me,
我知道我有点不对劲
something that just told me to do it.
好像有什么逼着我去那么做
I know it's not the same as what you did,
我知道这和你的情况不一样
but if anyone can understand...
但如果有人能理解。。。
look.
听我说
I don't wanna go to jail for the rest of my life.
我不想一辈子坐牢
If I could get into a hospital--
如果我能进医院。。。
I don't have much money
我没多少钱
but I'll pay you...
但我会付给你报酬的。。。
everything I have.
我所有的一切
You wanted to see me?
您找我?
Yes, I did.
是的
I meant to grab you after last week's hearing.
我本想在上周听证会后就叫住你的
I wanted you to know that after a rather shaky start,
我想让你知道在一个不大出色的开场白后
I thought that you, uh,
我觉得你,呃
argued a persuasive motion.
提出了一个有说服力的动议
Thank you.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表