剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
DAVIES: No. I'm not talking
不,我不是在谈
about the beginning of a human being, doctor,
人类的起源,博士
and you know what I'm asking you is not a complex question,
而且你知道我问你的不是一个复杂的问题
so I'll ask it one more time.
所以我再问一次
From a medical-science perspective,
从医学角度来看
when does human life begin?
人的生命什么时候开始?
In its organism form, upon conception.
在它的有机体形态中,在受孕时
When an egg is fertilized and an embryo forms, correct?
当卵子受精并形成胚胎时,对吗?
EDMUNDS: Yes. And your facility
- 对
- 而你的机构
uses embryos in its research,
在研究中使用胚胎
correct, doctor?
对吗,博士?
Yes. DAVIES: Human embryos.
- 对
- 人类胚胎吧
Yes.
对
Doctor, where do these embryos come from?
博士,这些胚胎哪儿来的?
Where do these embryos come from?
这些胚胎哪儿来的?
Many are discarded from fertility clinics.
很多是被生育诊所丢弃的
Many?
很多
All?
都是吗?
No.
不
Where do the others come from?
其他的胚胎是哪儿来的?
We harvest them.
我们采集的
DAVIES: You harvest them?
采集?
You take an egg, fertilize it,
你拿一个鸡蛋,让它受精
create an embryo,
创造一个胚胎
and then destroy it for your research,
然后为了你的研究毁掉了它
right, doctor?
对吗,博士?
Yes. DAVIES: You create human life
- 对
- 你创造出一个人类生命
in order to destroy it.
为的是毁掉它
We create the embryos to treat diseases
我们制♥造♥胚胎
which are destroying human life.
是为了治疗那些毁掉人命的疾病
DAVIES: Yes. That's your take on it.
是的,这是你的看法
Certainly you're aware, doctor,
你当然知道,博士
when it comes to stem cell research,
当说到干细胞研究
this is the public's worst nightmare,
公众最可怕的噩梦是
that the scientists will one day
科学家们总有一天
go from taking discarded embryos from fertility clinics
会从自生育诊所得到废弃胚胎
to harvesting embryos themselves.
过渡到自己培育采集胚胎的一步的
That's the stated fear on every talk show,
这是每个脱口秀节目中都谈及的恐惧
isn't it, doctor?
不是吗,博士?
That day has already arrived,
这一天已经到来了
not only at our facility... DAVIES: Okay.
- 不仅仅是我们的机构这样做。。。
- 那好
I really need you to answer the questions I ask.
我真的需要你回答我的问题
You're doing in your lab
你在你的实验室里
the very thing the public fears most.
做着公众最恐惧的事情
I don't know what the public fears most.
我不知道公众最恐惧什么
I would think they'd fear sickness and death.
我会认为他们会恐惧疾病和死亡
You go to great lengths to keep your research quiet
你不遗余力地保持你的研究是秘密的
so the public doesn't find out you're harvesting embryos,
所以公众不会发现你在培育采集胚胎
don't you, doctor?
不是吗,博士?
We keep all our research quiet.
我们所有的研究都是保密的
So your testimony, should the public find out
所以你的证词是,如果公众发现你们在做什么
what you're doing,
所以你的证词是,如果公众发现你们在做什么
you couldn't possibly become a target
你也不可能变成暴♥力♥攻击的目标吗?
for violent protest?
你也不可能变成暴♥力♥攻击的目标吗?
Why don't we see?
我们何不试试看呢?
Give the public the benefit of the doubt
在你们关闭我们研究所前
before you shut us down.
先假定公众不会攻击我们
You've been keeping this secret
你一直在保守这个秘密
because you believe in giving the public
难道是因为你相信公众不会攻击你们吗
the benefit of the doubt.
难道是因为你相信公众不会攻击你们吗
Why didn't you tell us you were harvesting embryos?
你为什么不告诉我们你在采集胚胎?
I wasn't really at liberty to.
我们真的无权这样做
We all signed confidentiality agreements.
我们都签了保密协议的
YOUNG: Don't feed me that.
别那这个搪塞我
Look, what we're doing is not illegal.
听我说,我们所做的都是合法的
It's going on elsewhere, like I said.
就像我说的,其他地方也是这样
And in the near future, it will be going on
在不久的将来,马萨诸塞州总医院
at Mass General and every major research...
和每一家大的研究机构也会这么做的。。。
YOUNG: That's not the point.
问题不在这儿
You were playing "hide the ball"
你们在玩隐瞒证据的把戏
with the wrong Judge.
又碰上了这个法官
Somebody inside must have whistled.
我们内部肯定有人泄密
I don't know how it got out.
我不知道是怎么泄露出去的
FRUTT: Well, like you said, it's out now.
那好吧,就像你说的,现在已经泄露出去了
May I make a suggestion?
我能提个建议吗?
If this is why they're rezoning you,
如果这就是他们重新分区的原因
maybe a deal can be struck.
也许可以达成一个协议
If you agree to stop harvesting
如果你同意停止培育采集胚胎
and only use discarded embryos,
只使用废弃的胚胎
maybe they'll drop the ordinance.
也许他们会撤销条例
We can't.
我们做不到
We don't get enough embryos from the clinics.
我们从诊所得不到足够的胚胎
We need to harvest.
我们需要培育采集
Is it worth risking being shut down?
这值得冒着停业的危险?
If we can't harvest, they might as well shut us down.
如果我们不能培育的话,跟停业也差不多了
We need to win this, Eugene.
我们要打赢这官司,Eugene
Yeah. Well, you just made that a lot tougher.
嗯,那好吧,只是你把事情搞得更棘手了
♪ Each day I live ♪
我活着的每一天
♪ I want to be ♪
都希望
♪ A day to give ♪
奉献着最好的自我
♪ The best of me ♪
的一天
♪ I'm only one ♪
我虽独自一人
♪ But not alone... ♪ I never said she wasn't good.
但并不孤独
- 我从来没说过她唱的不好
She isn't exactly quaking.
- 她唱得一点也不震颤
SHIPP: ♪ My finest day ♪
我最好的日子
We haven't got there yet.
- 还没到那儿呢
♪ Is yet unknown ♪
现在还是未知数
♪ I want one moment in time ♪
我想要一瞬间
♪ When I'm more than I thought I could be ♪
能超越自我的一瞬间
♪ When all of my dreams ♪
所有梦想
♪ Are a heartbeat away ♪
近在咫尺的一瞬间
♪ And the answers are all up to me ♪
全部疑惑都能解答的一瞬间
♪ Give me one moment ♪
给我这样的
♪ In time ♪
一瞬间
♪ When I'm racing with destiny ♪
与命运赛跑的一瞬间
♪ Then in that one moment of time ♪
在这一瞬间里
♪ I will feel ♪
我会感受
♪ I will feel eternity ♪
我会感受到永恒
♪ You're a winner for a lifetime ♪
如果你能抓住那一瞬间
♪ If you seize that one moment in time ♪
你就能成为一生的胜利者
♪ Make it shine ♪
让那一瞬间闪耀吧
♪ Give me one moment in time ♪
给我这样的一瞬间
♪ When I'm racing with destiny ♪
与命运赛跑的一瞬间
♪ Then in that one moment of time ♪
在这一瞬间里
♪ I will be ♪
我将会
♪ I will be ♪
我将会
♪ I will be free ♪
我将会获得自♥由♥
All we can do is argue it.
我们能做的就是提出下述观点
It's still a state imposing its morality
这毕竟是一个州政♥府♥将其道德标准
on a private facility.
强加给一个私人机构的问题
It's wrong, and we should win.
这是错误的,我们应该能赢
Fox is conservative, but she's a fair Judge.
Fox法官是保守派,但她是个公正的法官
Let's hope.
希望如此吧
DONNELL: How's it going?
情况如何?
YOUNG: Fine. You need anything?
还好,你有事吗?
I heard what happened in Court.
我得知了法庭上的情况
They're harvesting?
他们在培育采集胚胎?
Yup.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表