剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
DOLE: Previously on "The Practice"...
前集回顾未作翻译
WALSH: I've reviewed your plea offer.
It's rejected. Why?
WALSH: Because your wife committed
first-degree murder.
This just came through the fax.
FRUTT: It is an internal memorandum,
which says the victim was likely moving
towards Lindsay Dole.
It's work product. It's exculpatory.
WALSH: It's part of our internal investigation.
It's work product.
You gave them that report.
It was about giving defense a document
they're entitled to have.
Why didn't you at least have the integrity
to be upfront about it?
Before you add me to a list of people
that are out to get you,
when I started here,
I wanted to be you.
WEST: I find your misconduct
to be deliberate, egregious,
and outrageous.
I am dismissing the indictment with prejudice.
The defendant is to be released immediately.
DOLE: Take me home.
Am I wrong?
我错了吗?
Tell me if I'm wrong. You're not wrong.
- 如果我错了就告诉我
- 你没错
I certainly don't wanna force their hand, but--
我当然不想强迫他们,但是。。。
Let's go.
我们走吧
Sorry to keep you.
抱歉让你们久等了
Listen.
For many reasons we feel,
由于很多原因,我们感觉
and we feel strongly,
是非常强烈的感觉
we should plead guilty to manslaughter.
我们应该认了过失杀人罪
What?
什么?
YOUNG: Roland, they have a strong case.
Roland,检方的立案依据很充分
Our defense, our entire defense,
而我们的辩护,我们全部的辩护理由
is predicated on religious freedom,
是基于宗教自♥由♥
which at this moment in time
目前这已经变成我们不那么受珍视的公民自♥由♥之一了
has become one of our less precious civil liberties.
目前这已经变成我们不那么受珍视的公民自♥由♥之一了
If you read the newspapers, you...
如你你看看报纸,你。。。
We don't.
我们不看报纸
Well, if you would,
呃,如果你愿意看看的话
you'd get a pretty good gauge
你能很好地了解公众的反应
on the public's reaction.
你能很好地了解公众的反应
We don't care with the public things.
我们不关注公众怎么想
YOUNG: To the extent, it reflects the attitude
在某种程度上,这反映出你的同侪的态度
of your peers.
在某种程度上,这反映出你的同侪的态度
You need to care.
你需要去关注
Twelve members of the public
十二个市民会坐在陪审席
will be sitting in that jury box.
十二个市民会坐在陪审席
The layperson is outraged
一般人会对你没带你儿子去医院感到出离的愤怒
that you didn't take your son to a hospital.
一般人会对你没带你儿子去医院感到出离的愤怒
John Q. has no use for Christian Science
除了用刊登你消息的报纸训练他的狗拉屎外
other than to train his dog with your newspaper.
John Q不需要什么基♥督♥教科学派的信仰
(这里的JohnQ应该是指同期上映的丹泽尔华盛顿的《迫在眉睫》
里面男主角叫John Q,为了救患重病的儿子铤而走险)
Roland, you picked a bad time
Roland,你选择了一个不好的时机
to let somebody die in the name of a God.
去让一个孩子以上帝名义死去
And it is our united view
我们的共同观点是
that if we push this to trial,
如果我们上庭审理
both of you could go to prison for life.
你们俩可能会判终身监禁
DONNELL: You're both decent people.
你们两个都是正派的人
We don't question you.
我们并不怀疑你们
We know you did what you believed would save Peter.
我们知道你们做了你们认为能救Peter的事
But you will lose at trial.
但是你们上庭会输的
We need to take the deal.
我们需要接受认罪交易
Okay.
那好吧
The public's not gonna be happy with a plea,
公众不会对认罪满意的
I'll tell you that. It's "pound of flesh" time.
我跟你说吧,公众的要求的是合法但不合理的
You think the public's gonna be disappointed?
你觉得公众会失望吗?
Try Helen. She's been biting the furniture
试探一下Helen吧,她一直在为此做准备呢
getting ready for this one.
试探一下Helen吧,她一直在为此做准备呢
I thought you weren't coming back.
我以为你不会回来。。。
So soon.
这么快的
Jamie Stringer.
我是Jamie Stringer
I'm a big fan of yours.
我是你的忠实粉丝
I'm so totally at your desk. Let me move.
我把你的办公桌全占满了,容我搬开
Congratulations on being cleared.
祝贺你洗脱罪名了
It was so overdue.
这来得太晚了
Actually, I wasn't cleared.
其实,我没有洗脱罪名
I got out on a technicality, but thank you.
我是因为一个技术性问题脱身的,但还是谢谢你
I am so totally at your desk.
我把你的桌子都占了
What the--
怎么。。。
Pat, are you all right?
Pat,你没事吧?
If you want something, go around.
想知道的话,就过来看看吧
First of all, what's going on?
首先,出什么事了?
Are you leaving?
你要搬走了吗?
I'm done.
我完蛋了
Retiring.
退休了
You're retiring?
你要退休了?
I can't make the rent.
我付不起房♥租了
I'm being evicted.
我被赶走了
Did you throw this?
是你扔的这个?
That's mine.
那是我的
Yeah. It came through our window.
是啊。从我们的窗户飞过来的
I must have overshot the box.
我一定是往箱子里扔偏了
FRUTT: Overshot it?
扔偏了?
It sailed halfway into our office.
都扔到我们办公室中间了
Sorry.
抱歉
And the plea of manslaughter is acceptable
检方接受这个过失杀人的认罪吗?
to the Commonwealth?
检方接受这个过失杀人的认罪吗?
Yes, Your Honor, with a joint recommendation
是的,法官大人,连带的提议是
for a six-year sentence starting immediately
已经判决生效立即开始服刑
upon the entering of the verdicts.
刑期六年
KITTLESON: Mr. and Mrs. Hubert, please rise.
Hubert先生,Hubert夫人,请起立
Mr. Hubert, do you understand
Hubert先生,你对非预谋故意杀人的指控同意认罪
that you are pleading guilty
Hubert先生,你对非预谋故意杀人的指控同意认罪
to the charge of voluntary manslaughter?
你明白这一点吗?
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官大人
And by doing so,
籍此
you are acknowledging guilt
你承认
and criminal responsibility
对你儿子的死亡负有刑事责任吗?
for the death of your son?
对你儿子的死亡负有刑事责任吗?
Mr. Hubert, I asked you a question.
Hubert先生,我问了你一个问题
Do you acknowledge your guilt and responsibility
你承认对你儿子的死亡负有刑事责任吗?
in the death of your son?
你承认对你儿子的死亡负有刑事责任吗?
God took my son, Your Honor.
是上帝带走了我的儿子,法官大人
We did everything we could to save him.
我们尽了一切努力去救他
KITTLESON: If that's how you feel,
如果你是这样想de
why, sir, are you pleading guilty?
先生,你为什么要认罪?
Because counsel has advised us to.
因为律师建议我们这样做
KITTLESON: Mrs. Hubert, do you also maintain your innocence?
Hubert夫人,你也坚持自己是无辜的吗?
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官大人
The plea bargain is rejected.
本控辩交易被驳回
Trial will begin tomorrow morning, 9:00 a. m.
明天上午九点开庭审理
We're adjourned. (gavel bangs)
休庭
DONNELL: Chambers, Your Honor.
法官大人,请求内廷商议
Do you dare?
你竟敢?
Chambers.
请求内廷商议
Are you okay?
你没事吧?
I'm fine.
还好
A client can choose to plead guilty
一个当事人可以在坚称无罪的同时接受认罪交易
even while maintaining innocence.
一个当事人可以在坚称无罪的同时接受认罪交易
Not with me, he can't. DONNELL: Oh, come on.
- 在我这儿不行,他不能这样
- 噢,别这样
Ninety percent of all pleas are based on an analysis
百分之九十的认罪交易是基于对胜算的分♥析♥
of winning percentages.
百分之九十的认罪交易是基于对胜算的分♥析♥
They have nothing to do with actual merits.
这些和实际的案情实质无关
I don't accept guilty pleas
我不会接受那些宣称自己无辜的人的认罪
from people claiming innocence.
我不会接受那些宣称自己无辜的人的认罪
To do so would be a farce.
这样做是一场闹剧
YOUNG: Our clients have a right to negotiate
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表