剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
the gun out of the cabinet
我放枪的柜子里
where we kept it,
把枪拿出来
and I told him to stand back,
我叫他退后
that I wouldn't let him hurt our baby,
我不会让他伤害我们的孩子
and then he lunged at me!
然后他向我扑来!
Carrie, what did you do next?
Carrie,接下来你做了什么?
I shot him.
我冲他开了枪
It was as if my fingers,
好像我的手指
they just convulsed on the trigger
它们就是在扳机上抽动着
like it wasn't me shooting.
似乎不是我在射击
KUPCHECK: You say your husband beat you
你说你丈夫打你的时间
over a six-month period
超过了六个月
and you never called the police
但你从未有一次报过警
any of those times.
但你从未有一次报过警
I'm seeing a therapist about that now
我现在正在咨♥询♥一位心理医生
and she says it's called
她说那叫做
battered women syndrome.
受虐妇女综合症
KUPCHECK: I see.
我明白
Did you ever go to the hospital?
你去过医院吗?
No. So you were never
- 没有
- 这么说你从来
really injured.
没有真正受过伤
CARRIE: Oh, I had bruises.
噢,我有瘀伤
I was just too ashamed to--
我就是不好意思。。。
You never went to a shelter either?
你也没去过庇护所?
No. With all these places
- 没有
- 所有这些地方
you could go to for help--
你都能得到救助。。。
Knowing something's there and being able to do something about it
有些事即使知道了,但能付诸行动就是另一回事了
are two different--
有些事即使知道了,但能去做就是另一回事了
But you did do something about it, didn't you, Carrie?
但你确实是对此付诸行动了,不是吗,Carrie?
You decided to put six bullets into your husband rather--
你决定把六颗子弹打进你丈夫。。。
Objection!
反对
Sustained.
反对有效
Does the name Robert Sheehan
Robert Sheehan这个名字
mean anything to you?
对你来说有什么意义?
He's a lawyer.
他是个律师
He's a divorce lawyer you consulted
他是你在杀了你丈夫
only one month
仅一个月前
before you killed your husband.
咨♥询♥过的离婚律师
CARRIE: I met with him once,
我和他见过一次面
but I didn't follow through on it.
但是我没有继续做这件事了
Because he told you that since most
因为他告诉你
of your husband's money
因为你丈夫的大部分钱
was held in trusts,
是以信托形式持有的
you would get a lot more with him dead
所以你在他死后可以得到
than if you divorced him.
比离婚更多的钱
Objection!
反对!
Sustained.
反对有效
Your husband have life insurance?
你丈夫有人寿保险吗?
Yes.
对
It's a $500,000 policy
这可是一笔会支付给你的
with the money going to you.
50万美元的保险单
You're aware of that, aren't you?
你是知道这事的,不是吗?
I'm aware of it.
我知道这事
You decided to trade in your alcoholic husband
你决定拿你那酗酒的丈夫
for half a million dollars, didn't you, Mrs. Neilson?
来换取50万美金,不是吗,Neilson夫人?
I decided to save the life of my baby, Mr. Kupcheck.
我决定的是救我的孩子,Kupcheck先生
Oh, you were saving your baby?
噢,你是在救你的孩子?
Yes.
对
Not your own life,
不是你自己的性命
but your baby's.
而是你的孩子的性命
Yes.
对
Mrs. Neilson,
Neilson夫人
have you ever had an abortion?
你堕过胎吗?
Objection! Objection!
- 反对!
- 反对!
The defendant is clearly saying
被告明确地表示
that a two-month fetus is a person.
两个月的胎儿是人
I'd like to cross-examine her on that.
我要就此对她进行质询
I'll allow it.
我允许就此质询
Have you ever had an abortion?
你堕过胎吗?
Once,
有一次
before I was married.
在我结婚之前
If you remember,
如果你记得的话
how old was the child?
这个孩子多大了?
Seventeen weeks.
十七周
YOUNG: We got hurt in there today, Jamie.
今天我们情况不妙了,Jamie
STRINGER: Many people change their positions
Eugene,很多人改变了
on abortion, Eugene,
他们对堕胎的立场
especially after they get married.
尤其是在结婚之后
We need to draft a proposed set of jury instructions.
我们需要起草一组给陪审团指示的提议
Mr. Young,
Young先生
you called for me.
你找我
I need for you to think, Mr. Gaul.
你要你仔细想想,Gaul先生
Think back.
回想一下
Are you sure you didn't hear
你确定在开枪前
anything before the shots?
你没有听到什么吗?
I'm not sure at all.
我一点也不确定
He put those words into my mouth.
是检察官把我绕进去了
I may very well have heard them fighting.
我很可能是听到了他们在争吵
I may need to put you
我可能需要你
back up there to say that.
再次出庭说明这一点
Okay.
好的
I'll let you know.
我会通知你的
It is not a good idea.
这个主意不好
We cannot rest our case on that kind of uncertainty.
我们不能在某种不确定性下结束举证
Well, I don't like resting
我是不喜欢在目前这种状态下
our case where we are right now.
结束举证
Look, you wanna put the neighbor up there
听着,你想让这个邻居出庭作证
to say what he may have heard?
说他可能是听到了什么?
Jury instructions, Jamie.
陪审团指示,Jamie
I need them on my desk tonight.
我需要你今晚做完
Fine. Fine.
- 行
- 那就好
It just seems like
只是觉得
such a little amount.
就这么一点
It is, but-- NAOMI: I read in the papers,
- 是的,但。。。
- 我从报纸上看到
these people who choose to smoke
那些选择抽烟的人
win millions of dollars
从烟草公♥司♥那里
from the tobacco companies.
得到数百万美元的赔偿
My daughter didn't choose
我的女儿并没有
to lean against a broken railing,
选择去靠在一个损坏的护栏上
and now she can't walk.
但她现在瘫痪了
CLAIRE: I think one thing that they're betting on
我想他们赌的是
is that you can't afford
你担负不起
to see this through trial.
把官司一直打下去
If you beat them in court, Ms. Carter,
Carter女士,如果你在法庭上赢了他们
it could take four or five years
在你能有所收获前
before you get anything,
可能要花上四五年的时间
that's just assuming you win,
这还是说在能赢的情况下
which...
这个。。。
isn't even likely.
不太可能
There's nothing else you can do?
你没有别的办法吗?
I don't think so.
我觉得没有了
I mean, the truth is
我是说,
you've got a sympathetic defendant
你碰上一个被人同情的被告
providing housing with loans from HUD.
他们靠住房♥和城市发展部的贷款来提供住房♥
Like Jimmy says,
如Jimmy所说
they get these loans just to--
他们得到这些贷款只是。。。
NAOMI: What?
怎么了?
What?
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表