剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
我的当事人是个模范囚犯
no disciplinary problems,
没有违纪问题
correct? Yes.
- 对吗?
- 没错
The only reason you wouldn't grant him parole
你们不准许他假释的唯一理由
is because he refused to say he was the killer.
就是因为他拒绝承认自己是凶手
He showed a profound lack of remorse
他表现出严重缺乏悔过感
and wouldn't accept responsibility
并不愿意为这起严重犯罪责任
for what was a heinous crime.
并不愿意为这起严重犯罪责任
DONNELL: Well, that's understandable.
嗯,这是可以理解的
I mean, isn't it?
不是吗?
He was innocent.
他本来就是无辜的
HODGES: As it turned out.
最终结果是这样的
Certainly, we didn't know that.
我们当时肯定不知道的
But you had knowledge that another man confessed.
但你知道有另一个人认罪了
HODGES: We had no knowledge
我们并不知道
that the confession was truthful, nor did we have--
那份供述是真实的,我们也不。。。
DONNELL: And you couldn't be bothered to find out.
你们也懒得去查证
HODGES: Mr. Donnell,
Donnell先生
the parole board does not exist to investigate.
设立保释委员会并不是为了做调查
We assume guilt going in.
我们假定犯人是有罪的
We have to. Otherwise--
我们必须这样,否则。。。
DONNELL: You denied my client parole
你们是因为我当事人说了实话
because he told the truth.
而驳回了他的保释申请
An innocent man served extra time in jail
一个无辜的人仅仅因为他坚持自己的清白
simply because he maintained his innocence.
而在监狱里多服了刑期
In this case, as it worked out, yes.
本案,从结果看,是这样的
And that's regrettable.
很遗憾
DONNELL: Regrettable?
遗憾?
Don't you think it's perverse?
你难道不觉得这不合情理吗?
He served extra time for being truthful.
他因为说实话而多服了刑期
Mistakes were made in this case,
这个案子是出了一些错
but none of them were ours.
但没有一个错误是我们造成的
We did our job as the law required.
我们依照法律规定做工作
As the law required.
依照法律规定
Ms. Hodges...
Hodges女士。。。
had you been armed with the DNA evidence
如果你掌握了可以确凿地证实我当事人清白的DNA证据
that conclusively proved my client's innocence,
如果你掌握了可以确凿地证实我当事人清白的DNA证据
would you have then granted him parole?
你会批准他假释吗?
No.
不会
No?
不会?
If your client was still in prison,
如果你的当事人还在监狱里
refusing to accept responsibility,
拒绝承担责任
DNA evidence or not, we'd have no choice.
不管有没有DNA证据,我们都没有别的选择
We would have denied him parole.
我们会驳回他的保释申请
WICKER: I must say, I'm only here
我不得不说,我来这儿仅仅是
at the insistence of a charitable mayor.
因为一位有慈爱心的镇长的坚持
Against my better judgment,
尽管我对此有不同的意见
which is expensive, by the way,
顺便说一下,这个代价不小
I'm putting $35,000 on the table,
我提出的条件是三万五千
condition, of course, on confidentiality.
当然了,附带条件是要保密
Thirty-five thousand?
才三万五?
He has learning disabilities.
他可是有学习障碍问题呀
Ms. Wyatt, I don't think you want the number
Wyatt女士,我认为你并不希望
to reflect the merits of your case,
要一个真正对应这个案件实质的数字
because we all know what that number is.
因为我们都知道那个数字是多少
Well, if this is all about charity,
如果这都是出于慈善
why would the mayor wanna keep it such a secret?
为什么这位市长要将此保密呢?
Most politicians like photo ops
大多数政客喜欢用他们的善举来增加知名度
with their acts of kindness.
大多数政客喜欢用他们的善举来增加知名度
The secrecy is at my insistence.
是我坚持要保守秘密的
What would happen if every child
如果每一个顶过足球的孩子
who ever headed a soccer ball
都打电♥话♥来索要支票
came calling to collect a check?
该怎么办呀?
I would think if the children
我会想如果一个孩子
had neurological deficits
因为市政赞助的足球赛
caused by town-sponsored programs,
而导致神经功能缺陷的话
a town would consider compensating them.
城镇政♥府♥应该考虑给他们补偿
The $35,000 is on the table today.
三万五今天之内有效
It won't be, should you lose at summary judgment.
如果你在即决审判中输了,那就没有了。
Now, I won't advise either of you
现在,我不会建议你们
how to practice law.
该如何去做律师业务
You're both good attorneys.
你们俩都是优秀的律师
But I will say, come on, do the math.
但我要说,来盘算一下吧
Thirty-five is better than nothing.
三万五总比没有强
WICKER: What are you thinking?
你觉得呢?
Ms. Wyatt?
Wyatt女士?
We'll take the offer to our client,
我们会跟我们当事人谈谈
then let you know.
然后答复你
I just hit her
我一开始只是用手打她
first with my hand,
我一开始只是用手打她
then with the wrench.
然后用扳手
I don't know how many times,
我也说不清打了多少次
but I couldn't stop myself
我停不下来
not till...
直到。。。
she was dead.
她死了
I just couldn't stop myself.
我就是停不下来
That was you, Mr. Nyler,
那是你,Nyler先生
saying that you did it.
描述你的所为
I had been in that room all night.
我整晚都在审讯室里
But were you tortured?
你被拷打过吗?
Did any officer beat you or--
有任何警官打过你或者。。。
It was mental torture.
那是精神的上的折磨
They kept me awake,
他们不让我睡觉
and they said that they wouldn't let me out
他们说不招供就不会放过我
till I confessed.
他们说不招供就不会放过我
Finally, I, um...
最后,我,呃。。。
I gave in.
我屈服了
Mr. Nyler,
Nyler先生
when you looked at that tape just now,
你现在来看这个录像
can you make room for the possibility
你给警探、陪审团或假释委员
that a detective or a jury
你给警探、陪审团或假释委员
or a parole board
留下了去考量你是否有罪的余地了吗?
might consider you guilty?
留下了去考量你是否有罪的余地了吗?
They didn't see what went on before that.
他们没有看到在那之前的事
What did go on?
之前发生了什么事?
They just kept saying they knew I did it.
他们一直说他们知道是我♥干♥的
After 20 hours or so,
大概20个小时后
I was delirious.
我当时神志不清了
I just--
我就是。。。
I was sleep-deprived.
他们不许我睡觉
I was mentally--
我当时精神上
at some point,
在某个时候
I guess you'll say anything
我想我是为了让他们住手
to get them to stop.
说什么都行
And I did.
于是我就都说了
But the next day,
但第二天
I told them it was a lie.
我告诉他们那是假的
I never did it.
我绝对没有作案
But they didn't want that statement.
但是他们不想要那样的陈述
They wanted their conviction.
他们想要的是他们所坚信的
They never looked for the truth.
他们从来不去找寻真♥相♥
I lost my family,
我失去了我的家庭
my son,
我的儿子
15 years of my life
还有我十五年的生活
because they never looked for the truth.
就因为他们从不去找寻真♥相♥
Have you ever seen a doctor for this?
你可曾找医生看过这个病吗?
WYATT: Yes, and he said it's all anxiety.
有的,他说都是因为焦虑
He suggested I do breathing exercises.
他建议我做呼吸减压练习
It's not like I black out.
我不是像那种暂时昏迷的样子
It's just--
我只是。。。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表