剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
那些社会公认愿意去保护的东西
Does anyone know what they are?
有人知道那些是什么吗?
Two years ago, I could tell you.
放在两年前,我可以告诉你们
Not now.
但现在说不出来了
We have all agreed to be searched so often,
我们对经常被搜查都没有异议
when we travel, when we go to the ballpark,
当我们旅游、去看棒球
when we enter buildings,
或者进入大厦时
that I don't know what a reasonable expectation
我不再搞得明白什么是合理的隐私期望了
of privacy is anymore.
我不再搞得明白什么是合理的隐私期望了
Under the law,
依照法律
if Americans post signs in front of their homes
如果美国人在家门口张贴标识
inviting the police in to search,
请警♥察♥来家里搜查
society no longer gives me
社会共识就不再认可我的家
an expectation of privacy in my home.
属于合理隐私期望范畴了
God help us when it happens.
那样的话只有愿上帝保佑我们了
As a matter of law,
从法律角度看
I find the defendant waived her Fourth Amendment rights
我认为如果被告知道有这个贴纸还开车
if she knew about the sticker
那她就此是放弃了第四修正案的权力
and drove anyway.
那她就此是放弃了第四修正案的权力
But I think the prosecutor has to carry its burden
但是我认为控方有举证责任证实
that she absolutely did know.
她是完全知情的
Ms. Roe...
Roe女士。。。
I think you did,
我认为你是知情的
but since I can't be sure,
但因为我不能确定
I'm going to let what little doubt I have
我打算因这一点点疑虑使你受益
cut in your favor.
我打算因这一点点疑虑使你受益
I'm suppressing the search
我决定排除搜查证据
and dismissing the indictment.
并驳回起诉
You dodged a bullet, young lady.
你躲过了一劫,小姐
We're adjourned.
休庭
I won!
我赢了!
You won.
你赢了
Congratulations.
祝贺你
Thank you, Ms. Stringer.
谢谢你,Stringer女士
The next time I get caught,
下次我要被抓了
I am so definitely coming to you.
我一定会来找你
Excellent.
好的
We know detective Bowers
我们知道Bowers警探
was killed with his own gun.
是被他自己的枪射杀的
The defendant, a convicted felon,
被告,一个重罪犯
admits he was desperate for drugs
承认他急于得到毒品
and was unhappy when he didn't get them.
当不能如愿时他非常不满
He was arrested at the scene,
他在现场被逮捕
and he admits that there was some kind
他也承认在他和受害者之间
of physical altercation
他也承认在他和受害者之间
between him and the victim.
有某种肢体接触
The defense case?
而辩护理由呢?
it wasn't just a lie,
不仅仅是个谎言
it was a mess.
而且乱七八糟
They offered no proof,
他们没有提出证据
Detective Bowers was the aggressor,
证明Bowers警探是挑衅者
no evidence that there was a fight,
没有提出发生过打斗的证据
no alternative theory
至于发生过什么
even as to what happened.
也没有提出其他的说法
When the defense is this muddled,
辩方如此混乱
it means one thing,
这意味着一件事
there is no defense.
就是没有辩护理由
The evidence of this case
这个案子的证据
supports only one conclusion,
只得出一个结论
the defendant attacked the officer,
被告袭击了那位警官
took his gun,
抢了他的枪
and murdered him.
并杀害了他
Last thoughts?
最终的想法是?
Eugene, I got to answer for this.
Eugene,我得来作出回应
The jury needs to hear from me.
陪审团需要听我来说
The judge--Bob--
可法官。。。Bobby。。。
Mr. Donnell...
Donnell先生。。。
I believe Mr. Young is closing today.
我认为今天是由Young先生来做结案陈词
I'm prepared to close, Your Honor.
我准备来做,法官大人
Sidebar!
到我这儿来!
I gave you an order, you son of a bitch.
你个杂种,你给你下过命令了
The jury has no relationship to Eugene Young.
陪审团没有接触过Eugene Young
If I don't close, it undermines my credibility.
如果我不做结案陈词,会损害我的可信度
It undermines my client's defense.
也就损害了给我当事人的辩护
You guarantee him a new trial.
你肯定会导致他得到重审的
He's got one half-guaranteed already--
他已经差不多得到。。。
You want me to do my job?
你希望我做好自己的差事吗?
Let me do it.
那就让我去做好了
I'll close you down in a second if you--
如果你。。。我会马上喊停的
Thank you.
谢谢
The closing argument is defense counsel's
结案陈词是一个辩护律师
last chance to speak to you.
和你们沟通的最后机会
When I began trying cases,
当我开始出庭的时候
I'd get nervous before a closing.
在做结案陈词前我会紧张
Lately, though, I haven't felt nervous.
不过,最近我不感到紧张了
I haven't felt anything,
我除了麻木外没有什么感觉了
except maybe numb.
我除了麻木外没有什么感觉了
What Ms. Gamble said about the defense,
Gamble女士对辩护的评论
she was right.
是对的
It was muddled, terrible.
混乱且拙劣
The truth is,
而事实是
based on my client's record,
基于我当事人的过往
his stupidity,
他的愚蠢
I judged him guilty.
我断定他是有罪的
It's the worst sin
这是一个律师可以犯下的
a lawyer can commit.
最严重的罪过
My job...
我的工作。。。
is to fight.
是去抗争
I'm supposed to fight
我应该去和政♥府♥的权力
the power of the state.
进行抗争
I'm supposed to fight for justice.
我应该为了公正而抗争
Mostly, I'm supposed to fight for the defendant.
通常,我应该为被告而战
I didn't do that.
我没有那么做
I don't feel anything about that, either,
除了可能有些厌倦
except maybe tired, you know?
我对此也没什么感觉,知道吗?
I am sick and tired
在这些案子里
of fighting these cases
为这些犯下这些罪行的当事人而战
for these clients accused of these crimes.
我感到恶心和倦怠
Somebody's got to do it, I get that.
总得有人做这些,我就得做
But this time...
但这次。。。
this time, it shouldn't have been me.
这一次,不该是我
To my client, all I can say is,
对于我的当事人,我能说的就是
I'm sorry, you know.
对不起,你懂的
I--
我。。。
you got screwed.
算你倒霉
As for you, members of the jury,
至于你们,陪审员们
the question is...
问题是。。。
did the evidence prove beyond reasonable doubt
证据可以超越合理怀疑地证明
that this man committed murder?
这个人实施了谋杀吗?
Clearly it didn't.
很显然不是
Even with a half-assed defense,
即便在不称职的辩护的情况下
the prosecution can only guess
控方也只能猜测事发经过
at what happened.
控方也只能猜测事发经过
Nobody saw or heard anything.
没有人看到或者听到什么
Can you imagine how much doubt there'd be
你们能想象到如果Johnson先生得到充分的辩护
if Mr. Johnson had a real defense?
会提出多少的疑点来吗?
My client...
我的当事人。。。
says he got into a struggle
称他和一个
with somebody who he thought
他认为是毒贩的人
was a drug dealer,
发生了争斗
and the gun went off accidentally.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表