剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
which this mother didn't do a damn thing about.
这个母亲对此不管不顾
She has a history of complications at birth.
她有生育并发症的病史
She's having contractions.
她有宫缩症
She has a history of doing nothing
她有当她的孩子面临生命危险时置若罔闻的劣迹
when her kids are facing life-threatening dangers.
她有当她的孩子面临生命危险时置若罔闻的劣迹
You guys, could you come with me a second?
你们大伙儿能跟我来一下吗?
Lindsay, what's going on?
Lindsay,出什么事了?
Oh, I just got this table out of storage.
噢,我刚把这张桌子从储藏室拿出来
I just thought I'd sit here while I get used to being back.
我只是想在我适应回来工作期间坐在这里
I'm kind of enjoying the quiet.
我有点喜欢安静
He looked terrible.
他看起来糟透了
He would get dizzy.
他会头晕
He would vomit.
呕吐
He had excruciating headaches.
他头痛得很厉害
GAMBLE: How often did you have occasion
你多长时间能有一次机会去看Peter Hubert?
to see Peter Hubert?
你多长时间能有一次机会去看Peter Hubert?
LISA: At first I saw him a lot.
最初经常去看他
I was an invited guest.
我是被邀请去的
Wendy and I were good friends.
Wendy和我是好朋友
You're next door neighbors?
你们是住在隔壁的邻居?
LISA: Yes.
是的
But the more I implored her to take the child
但我越是恳求她带孩子去医院
to the hospital,
但我越是恳求她带孩子去医院
the more estranged we became,
我们的关系就越疏远了
to the point where I wasn't invited.
以致于到了不再邀请我去她家的程度
GAMBLE: At what point during his illness
这种疏远是发生在孩子病情发展的哪个阶段呢?
did this estrangement take place?
这种疏远是发生在孩子病情发展的哪个阶段呢?
LISA: It was building.
那是逐渐发生的
But when I called the ambulance myself,
但当我叫了救护车后
that was pretty much it.
差不多就是这样
I wasn't invited into the house anymore.
再也没邀请我去她家了
You called an ambulance?
你叫过救护车?
LISA: Yes.
是的
I couldn't take it.
我受不了
He looked like he was going to die.
他看上去就快死了
Did an ambulance come?
救护车来了吗?
LISA: Yes.
来了
And they sent him away saying that
他们说是虚惊一场
it was a false alarm.
就把救护车打发走了
About two weeks after that,
在那之后两个星期
Peter did die.
Peter就死了
During the course of Peter's illness,
在Peter生病期间
did you witness his parents
你看到他父母做了些什么吗?
doing anything about it?
你看到他父母做了些什么吗?
They would pray.
他们祈祷
Lots and lots of praying.
很多次地祈祷
YOUNG: Just the two of them?
就他们两个吗?
LISA: No. Sometimes people would come over,
不,有时候人们会过来
group prayings.
集体祈祷
YOUNG: And during the illness,
在Peter生病期间
did it ever appear Peter's condition was improving?
他的病情有没有好转过?
LISA: A couple of times the symptoms
有几次症状似乎是减轻了
seemed to subside,
有几次症状似乎是减轻了
but then they would return.
但随后又反复了
YOUNG: So they prayed and things,
所以他们进行了祈祷
at least temporarily, got better.
至少暂时有所好转
Did that happened, what, once or twice?
这情况发生了一次还是两次?
Well, I don't think they really did get better.
呃,我不认为那是真有所好转
YOUNG: It just seemed so?
只是看起来有好转?
Yes.
对
You were good friends with Wendy Hubert?
你是Wendy Hubert的好朋友?
LISA: Yes.
对
YOUNG: Was she a loving mother?
她是个慈爱的母亲吗?
I thought so, yes.
对,我想是的
YOUNG: At any time, did you ever question
你可曾有任何时候质疑过她对Peter的爱吗?
her love for Peter?
你可曾有任何时候质疑过她对Peter的爱吗?
No.
没有
YOUNG: Did you ever have occassion
你可曾有理由质疑过Roland对他儿子的爱吗?
to question Roland's love for his son?
你可曾有理由质疑过Roland对他儿子的爱吗?
LISA: No.
没有
As you observed them praying
当你看到他们为他们孩子的康复
and praying and praying
当你看到他们为他们孩子的康复
for their son's recovery,
不断地祈祷时
you regarded these prayers as heartfelt?
你认为这些祈祷是发自内心的吗?
Of course.
当然是
YOUNG: After Peter's passing,
Peter死了之后
did you ever have occasion to meet with the Huberts?
你可曾有机会和Hubert夫妇见面吗?
LISA: Yes. I went to them with my sympathy.
有的,我去向他们致以同情
So you had an opportunity to observe their reaction
那么说你有机会观察到他们对Peter的死的反应?
to Peter's death?
那么说你有机会观察到他们对Peter的死的反应?
I saw them after, like I said.
就像我说的,我后来看到他们了
YOUNG: How would you describe their reaction
你如何描述他们对Peter的死的反应?
to Peter's death?
你如何描述他们对Peter的死的反应?
They were devastated.
他们悲痛欲绝
What parent wouldn't be?
哪个家长不会这样呢?
YOUNG: Thank you, Ms. Astin.
谢谢你,Astin女士
WALSH: I've never seen Swackheim deliberate this long
我从来没见过Swackheim为做一个裁决花这么长的时间
over a decision.
我从来没见过Swackheim为做一个裁决花这么长的时间
Truth is...
其实。。。
I never figured he gave any thought at all
我从来不认为他做的裁决是经过了大脑的
to his rulings.
我从来不认为他做的裁决是经过了大脑的
I thought he just flipped a coin, the lazy hack.
我觉得他就是扔硬币来决定,真是个懒货
Why did you come after me with all the personal attacks
Ellenor,在Dole的案子上
in the Dole case, Ellenor?
你为什么对我进行人身攻击?
I wanna know.
我想知道
Part of it was strategy.
一部分是辩护策略
Part of it was your antics truly offended me.
一部分是你的荒唐行为真惹恼了我
Don't you regard your behavior toward me
你不觉得你对我的行为有点恶毒吗?
as slightly vicious?
你不觉得你对我的行为有点恶毒吗?
Maybe.
或许吧
I went to see a shrink.
我去看了心理医生
You know what he told me?
你知道他跟我说了什么吗?
I could be sexually frustrated.
我可能是性挫败
Why is it shrinks are all Freudian,
为什么心理医生都是些弗洛伊德学家
sex-obsessed, depraved perverts?
性痴迷,性变♥态♥的家伙呢?
They think everything is sex.
脑子里全是性
How often you get laid?
你多久上一次床?
Big-boned girl, can't be too often.
大块头的女孩,不能太频繁了
You, on the other hand,
还有你
you probably rent rooms by the hour.
你可能开钟点房♥
Little tramps coming out of law school these days.
这些天从法学院出来的小流浪汉们
Look at you.
看看你
Cherubic little sperm magnet.
天真无邪的小妖精
Did you just call me cherubic?
你刚才是说我天真无邪吗?
Jamie...
ROLAND: He had a fever, but he'd had fevers in the past.
他是发烧了,但他以前也发过烧
Our course of treatment had always been prayer,
我们的治疗方法一直就是用祈祷
cold compacts.
和冷敷
These treatments had proved to be successful in the past.
以前这种方法被证明是成功的
When you say many--
当你说很多。。。
Five, six over his three years.
三年里有五六次
He also had strep before,
他以前也得过链球菌感染
conjunctivitis, many illnesses
结膜炎,许多疾病
which we treated successfully with prayer.
那些我们通过祈祷都治好了
We thought we would be successful here.
我们以为这次也行
DONNELL: But, Mr. Hubert, when Peter started
但Hubert先生,当Peter开始呼吸困难的时候。。。
having trouble breathing...
但Hubert先生,当Peter开始呼吸困难的时候。。。
We responded with more intensive treatment.
我们的应对是加强治疗
Which was?
那是指?
Prayer.
祈祷
This is our faith, Mr. Donnell.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表