剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
属于Lindsay Dole
的基本宪法权利
that the prosecutor
被检方公然践踏
blatantly trampled.
被检方公然践踏
We're not talking
我们谈论的不是
about subtle shades of gray
一两个公民自♥由♥权力遭到侵犯的微小灰色地带
where a civil liberty or two was encroached upon
一两个公民自♥由♥权力遭到侵犯的微小灰色地带
He plowed over them
他粗暴地践踏了它们
with a tank.
他粗暴地践踏了它们
Mr. Walsh showed contempt
Walsh先生展现出对宪法的藐视
for the constitution.
Walsh先生展现出对宪法的藐视
He had no regard
他根本不尊重基本的公民自♥由♥权力
for fundamental civil liberties,
他根本不尊重基本的公民自♥由♥权力
and I'm here today
我今天来此
under the assumption
是假定你们七位对此是尊重的
that the seven of you do.
是假定你们七位对此是尊重的
Lectures...
说教。。。
aren't generally effective.
通常是没有用的
And I wouldn't presume
我不敢对你们进行说教
to lecture you,
我不敢对你们进行说教
but I will use part of my time
但我会用一部分时间
to enter indignation into the record
把我的愤慨正式表达出来
because I think a lack of it
因为愤慨的缺失就是问题的一部分
is part of the problem.
因为愤慨的缺失就是问题的一部分
Police lie today.
警♥察♥在编造谎言
So do prosecutors,
检方也是如此
and it doesn't so much as raise a judicial eyebrow
而这些并没有引起司法界的质疑
because it goes on all the time.
因为这一直在持续发生着
Everybody's jaded.
所有人都对此见怪不怪了
It doesn't shock anybody's conscience,
不会使任何人的良知受到震动
and I'm here saying
我在此要说的是
it should shock yours.
这应该让你们感到震动
This man wanted his verdict.
这个人想得到他希望的判决结果
He said, "Forget the Bill of Rights."
他说“别理会人♥权♥法案”
And he's hoping
他希望你们也抱着同样的态度
you cop the same attitude.
他期望你们也抱着同样的态度
I am here hoping otherwise.
而我期望不会这样的
STRINGER: It's not my place to second-guess you.
按说我不应该来事后评论
Then why are you about to?
那你要干什么?
Because you have violated so many ethical rules.
因为你违反了很多道德准则了
The conflict of interests.
利益冲突
You charge in to see a judge ex parte.
你冲进去单方面接触法官
Lucy tells me you even used to sleep with this judge.
Lucy告诉我你甚至和那个法官上过床
I never said for her to tell you I told her that.
我从没让她告诉你我告诉过她那些
You forget we have squeal laws.
你忘了我们有严格的法律
Technically, I'm obligated to report
严格来说,我有义务要去律师协会
to the bar all of this.
把你这些事通通举报
Then why don't you do that?
那你为什么不去呀?
I'm not looking to do that.
我不想那样做
Then what do you want, Jamie?
那你想要怎么样,Jamie?
Why are you being so mean to me?
你为什么对我这么刻薄?
Look,
听我说
I made a mistake
我犯了个错误
that resulted in a person being arrested
导致一个人无辜被捕
for a crime she didn't commit.
导致一个人无辜被捕
The likelihood is,
很可能的是
I can't undo that mistake.
我无法挽回那个错误
She's going to prison.
她会去坐牢的
I don't mean to be acting out against you,
我不是故意冲你撒气的
but--
但。。。
well, you're there.
呃,你刚好赶上了
I'm sorry.
对不起
Trials need to be fair,
案件审理需要的是公平
not perfect.
而不是完美
Even if some of my questions went too far
即使我的一些问题太过分了
and I make no such concession,
但我不会就此妥协的
it was harmless error.
这是无害的错误
Oh, come on, Mr. Walsh.
噢,得了吧,Walsh先生
You raise another murder
你举出另一起谋杀案
and link the defendant to it?
并与被告联♥系♥起来?
WALSH: As Your Honor correctly noted,
正如法官大人正确地指出那样
we linked Bobby Donnell to it, a witness.
我们是把Bobby Donnell,一个证人,联♥系♥起来的
We have every right to impeach. Well, you called it a pattern,
- 我们完全有权质疑他
- 可以把这称之为一种模式
and you also linked it to Lindsay Dole.
而且你也把这联♥系♥到了Lindsay Dole身上
The jury was instructed that the lawyers' questions
陪审团被告知律师们的问题和争论并不作为证据
and arguments are not evidence.
陪审团被告知律师们的问题和争论并不作为证据
Still, it's a little hard
不过,不预先提醒还是有些令人难以接受,不是吗?
to un-ring a bell, isn't it?
不过,不预先提醒还是有些令人难以接受,不是吗?
Moreover, Ms. Frutt didn't ask
而且,Frutt女士没有要求法官
for any curative instructions.
向陪审团做出纠正性指示
She didn't move for a mistrial.
她也没有提出无效审判动议
They're raising things here
他们在此提出的问题
they effectively waived.
实际是他们当初所放弃的
What about your introducing
关于你抛出自己的个人想法一事呢?
your own personal beliefs?
关于你抛出自己的个人想法一事呢?
In your opening, you said
在你的开庭陈述中,你说你不会开枪的
you wouldn't have shot the man.
在你的开庭陈述中,你说你不会开枪的
If that was improper--
如果那是不恰当的话
It was.
那就是不恰当的
Then I would again ask where's the harm?
那我会再问一次这有什么危害?
I think we can assume
我认为我们能假设
that the jury assumed going in
陪审团认为我不会开枪
I wouldn't have shot the man.
陪审团认为我不会开枪
My saying it hardly made much noise.
我那么说很难造成影响
You think you took the high road here, Mr. Walsh?
你认为你采用的是诚实高尚的方式吗,Walsh先生?
The high road?
诚实高尚?
Yes.
对
My answer to that would be,
我的回答是,可能是的
murder trials are typically low roads.
谋杀案的审理通常都是低俗卑劣的
They get ugly,
是丑陋的
often personal.
经常掺杂个人感情
Not that the doctrine of unclean hands is applicable,
并不是说不洁之手原则在此适用
(不洁之手原则是指,辩诉双方中的某方行为是不道德的
或不诚实的,那另一方就可以借此辩称对方诉求不应得到满足)
but let's look at some
但是让我们看看某些辩护律师的招数吧
of the defense counsel's tactics.
但是让我们看看某些辩护律师的招数吧
Those aren't in issue here.
那些不是在此要争论的问题
They are as a context to mine,and--
但那些是我的行为产生的背景,而且。。。
It would be a mistake
专注于抗御行为是一个错误
to focus on defense conduct.
专注于抗御行为是一个错误
My actions...
我的行为。。。
did not cause Lindsay Dole
并没有导致Lindsay Dole被定罪为谋杀
to be convicted of murder.
并没有导致Lindsay Dole被定罪为谋杀
Her actions lead to that result.
她自己的行为导致了那个结果
She received a fair trial.
她得到了一次公平的审判
She had an army of attorneys.
她拥有一支律师团队
She got a better defense
她得到了比大多数被告更好的辩护
than most defendants.
她得到了比大多数被告更好的辩护
The jury heard all the evidence,
陪审团听取了所有的证据
they were properly instructed,
他们也得到了适当的指示
and they made their unanimous finding.
然后他们达成了一致的判决
Ms. Dole lost,
Dole女士输了
and this court
这个法庭
cannot disregard a verdict
不能仅仅是因为持有不同意见就漠视这个判决
merely because it disagrees with it.
不能仅仅是因为持有不同意见就漠视这个判决
BERLUTI: They'll assign a trial date.
他们会定一个开庭日期
We go from there.
从那时开始
Jamie will keep you updated
Jamie会及时告知你最新的审前的进展情况
on all the pretrial developments.
Jamie会及时告知你最新的审前的进展情况
You can call her or me anytime.
你可以随时找她或者我
Okay.
好的
We're not going to give up.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表