剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Walsh先生,对于那些罪行
of those crimes.
他已被宣判无罪了
On the basis of an alibi
那是基于现在已经被推♥翻♥的
which has now been recanted.
不在现场证明的基础上的
WATSON: I don't care.
这我不关心
As a matter of law, he stands innocent
依照法律,对于那些罪行
of those murders.
他依然是无罪的
You certainly can't use those
就第12节规定的聆讯而言
as evidence of guilt
你肯定不能用那些
for the purpose of a section 12 hearing.
作为有罪的证据
Your Honor, his own mother
法官大人,他的妈妈
stands before you concerned
当庭表示了她对儿子的精神问题的担忧
about his mental health.
当庭表示了她对儿子的精神问题的担忧
Even she-- WATSON: If we started
- 甚至她也。。。
- 如果我们开始
locking up people on the say-so of concerned mothers,
基于一个担忧的母亲的许可就把人关起来
we'd all be in jail.
那我们都得进监狱了
You have a copy of a message
你看到了一份发给Gamble女士信息的复印件
sent to Ms. Gamble,
你看到了一份发给Gamble女士信息的复印件
which message clearly threatens.
这条信息显然是威胁
Where's the evidence that concludes he sent it?
有什么证据证明是他发的?
Look, what are you trying to pull?
听着,你想耍什么花样?
You lose the criminal trial.
刑事审判你输了
You're just trying to take another whack at it
你不过是想借用民事程序再整他一次
with the civil proceeding, and what do you have?
那你凭什么呢?
A concerned mother?
一个担忧的母亲?
WALSH: She lives with him.
她和他住在一起
She loves him.
她爱她
But now she's tumbled to the idea,
而今她领悟到
"My God, my son is a killer.
“天啊,我的儿子是个凶手
He needs medical help.
他需要得到医疗救助
He may kill again."
他可能还会杀人”
You're right.
你说的没错
We can't get him criminally.
我们不能把他绳之以法
Nor do we want to.
我们也没想这样做
But nor do we wanna sit back
但是我们也不想坐视不理
and wait for him to take another life.
等着他再去杀别人
Your problem is a little thing
你遇到的麻烦是
called the constitution.
一个叫做宪法的小问题
We don't take freedom away from a man
我们不能基于恐惧
based on fear alone.
就剥夺一个人的自♥由♥
We require evidence.
我们要有证据
We require proof
我们需要超越合理怀疑的证明
beyond all reasonable doubt,
我们需要超越合理怀疑的证明
whether it's a criminal trial
不管这是一起刑事诉讼
or a section 12.
还是采用第12节的规定
I would submit thousands of people
我要指出成千的人
are locked up on the grounds of fear.
是基于害怕其威胁而被拘押的
Yes.
是的
We call them Arab-Americans.
所谓的阿♥拉♥伯裔美国人
And if you're about to cite
如果你打算援引
this country's despicable material-witness scheme
这个国家臭名昭著的关键证人计划
as support for the government's right
来支持政♥府♥任意监禁民众的权力
to incarcerate at will,
来支持政♥府♥任意监禁民众的权力
I would submit
那我就要指出
that you've severely misstepped.
你是犯了严重的错误
This man, as a matter of law,
这个人,依照法律,
has been judged innocent of three crimes.
对于那三起罪行已经被判无罪
You're actually in here
你在此实际上是
trying to use those crimes
想用那三起罪行
as evidence against him
作为证据来对付他
to have him locked up civilly.
以便把他以民事责任关起来
That's outrageous.
这太荒唐了
I don't care how well-intentioned you are
我不管你是多么地好心办了坏事
or how worried sick
或者他妈妈多么担心他的病情
his mother may be.
或者他妈妈多么担心他的病情
Your petition is denied.
你的申请被驳回了
We're adjourned.
休庭
Thank you.
谢谢你
What you did was very brave.
你所做的是很有勇气的
Oh, that's brave?
哦,这算是有勇气?
You betrayed me, mother.
你背叛了我,妈妈
Oh, Russell.
噢,Russell
You betrayed me.
你背叛了我
POPE: All right. Russell.
好了,Russell
And you...
还有你。。。
Aren't you afraid he might turn on you?
你不怕他可能会突然转而攻击你吗?
No.
不会
He's devoted to me.
他对我很忠诚
And you, for that matter.
就这点而言,对你也是
I mean, he would never--
我是说,他永远也不会。。。
What?
怎么了?
Excuse me.
等一下
Lindsay, maybe we should...
Lindsay,也许我们应该。。。
call the police.
报♥警♥
DOLE: Tell me why I shouldn't report you
能给我一个不去举报你跟踪我的理由吗?
for stalking?
能给我一个不去举报你跟踪我的理由吗?
I will go away forever.
我会永远消失的
I just couldn't leave on bad terms.
我只是不能这样不欢而散
As I've said,
我说过的
you saved my life.
你救了我的命
I would do anything
我什么都可以做
to either repay you or--
为了报答你或者。。。
and even though you don't care to hear it,
即使你不想听
it's important for me to say it.
但说出来对我很重要
It's important to me that you know
让你知道我是多么珍视你的忠实
how much I value your loyalty.
对我是很重要的
I suppose
我想
I would like to be friends.
我想和你成为朋友
But if you don't want that,
但如果你不想的话
I will honor your wish.
我会尊重你的意愿
Stanley,
we're not friends.
我们不是朋友
You were a client.
你是一个当事人
My loyalty to you derived from duty.
我对你的忠实源于责任
I don't want you to be in my life.
我不想让你出现在我的生活中
And I don't say that to hurt you.
我说这些不是要伤害你
See this woman?
看到这个女人了吗?
She's my best friend,
她是我最好的朋友
my maid of honor, my--
我的伴娘,我的。。。
and this man is on the loose,
这个人在逍遥法外
a threat to her life.
对她生命的威胁
And how did he come into her life?
他是怎么进入她的生活中的呢?
She's a D. A.,
她是个检察官
and she was just doing her job.
她只是在做自己的工作
You came into my life
你进入我的生活
because I'm a criminal defense lawyer doing my job.
是因为我是一个尽我职能的刑事辩护律师
We wanna do our jobs
我们想做完工作后
and then be left alone.
单独呆着
Can you understand that, Stanley?
你能理解吗,Stanley?
Yes.
能
I'm gonna say goodbye now.
我现在要说再见了
Okay?
好吗?
And you're going to honor that.
你会尊重这一点的
I promise.
我保证
I think we blew it by going in too soon.
我认为我们下手太早才搞砸了
Now, even if we get more,
现在,即使我们有更多的证据
well, our credibility is suspect.
我们的可信度也是受到质疑的
WALSH: Only with that judge.
只是碰上了那个法官
We'll shop around for somebody better.
我们可以选择个好些的
You want protective custody?
你需要保护性看护吗?
He hasn't directly done anything to me
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表