剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
I wish I would feel hatred
我希望我能对Bobby感到
or anger towards Bobby,
憎恨或者愤怒
but I feel neither.
但这些我都感觉不到
I don't love him.
我不爱他
I don't hate him.
我也不恨他
I'm not sure if I really even like him,
我不确定我是否真的喜欢他
but what I am sure of
但我确定的是
is that for me to have any chance
为了让我有机会
of resuming some emotional life,
恢复一些感情生活
I have to get away from him.
我必须要离开他
And that's what I'm doing.
这就是我正在做的
YOUNG: I'm not so convinced we should call her.
我不太确定我们应该传她出庭作证
Carrie?
How can we not?
怎么不能?
Well, the neighbor's testimony went so well,
呃,那个邻居的证词很有利
Carrie could just throw that all away.
Carrie可能会使其付之东流
But our whole case turns on jury sympathy.
但我们的案子都依赖于陪审团的同情
They have to get to know her.
他们必须要了解她
Maybe so.
也许是
Eugene, can we talk
Eugene,我们能谈一下
for a second about last week
上周我出庭作证的事吗?
when I took the stand?
上周我出庭作证的事吗?
What's there to talk about?
有什么好谈的?
Look, I know you weren't trying to do me any favors,
我知道你不是想帮我什么忙
but why--
但为什么。。。
is there a reason you feel a need to apologize
如果有人对你的同情表示敬意的话
if somebody salutes your compassion?
你觉得你有必要做些解释吗?
I don't think I do that.
我认为没必要
Why do you grunt?
你为什么嘟嘟囔囔的?
I beg your pardon?
你说什么?
Well, do you intimidate people by design?
呃, 你是故意要吓唬人的吗?
Look, we have a case to work on here, Jamie,
听着,我们有个案子要处理,Jamie
so is there a reason for all these questions?
那么所有这些问题都有必要吗?
I'm just taking a personal interest in you.
我只是对你有个人兴趣
That's all.
仅此而已
Look,
听着
I know you wouldn't go out with me in a million years,
我知道在一百万年内你不会约我出去
but I was wondering
但是我想知道
after this trial,
办这个案子后
could we may be set our clock
我们能把时钟
ahead a million years and go have dinner?
拨快一百万年然后去吃顿晚餐吗?
I don't think that would be a great idea.
我觉得那不是个好主意
Okay.
那好吧
Can we debate the merit
我们可以在晚餐的时候
of the idea over dinner?
讨论一下这个想法的价值吗?
Let's just get back to work.
我们还是回到工作上吧
Fine.
好吧
Fine.
好吧
I've scheduled a settlement conference
我已经安排了一个明天早上9点
for 9:00 tomorrow morning.
的和解会议
As I said, I'd be thrilled to get 50
如我所说的,在这种情况下拿到5万
under this fact pattern.
我就很高兴了
Okay.
好吧
May I ask,
我可以问问吗
who was handling this case,
谁在负责这个案子
you or Lindsay?
你还是Lindsay?
Well, I was pushing it uphill.
呃,我是往上推进
Um, Lindsay was planning to take the depos.
唔,Lindsay是打算降低预期
Why?
为什么问这个?
Can I be honest?
我能说实话吗?
Sure.
当然
I think a disservice
我认为这是给客户
was done to these people,
帮了倒忙
revving the mother up,
把这位母亲鼓动起来
making her think there'd be some big score.
使她觉得会大有所图
CLAIRE: Her daughter is in a wheelchair.
她的女儿坐在轮椅上
We hardly needed to rev her up.
我们几乎不需要鼓动她
She was obviously led to believe
她显然是被引导去相信了
there's some pot of gold here.
这儿有一座金山
There should be.
应该有的
A girl is disabled-- BERLUTI: Yes,
- 一个女孩残废了。。。
- 没错
the damages are there.
损害是存在的
That doesn't mean liability is.
但那并不意味责任也存在
Whose side are you on?
你是站在哪一边呀?
Claire, I know you don't wanna hear this,
Claire,我知道你不想听
but public housing tenants
但政♥府♥提供的公屋的租户
make lousy plaintiffs.
是令人讨厌的原告
For whatever reason,
不管什么原因
juries don't like them.
陪审团不喜欢他们
On top of that,
除此之外
you've got a defendant knee-deep in HUD loans
你遇到一个背着住房♥与城市发展部的贷款
just trying to keep the place habitable.
一心只想维持这个地方还可以居住的被告方
There's no pot of gold,
这没有金山
and you did a big disservice
你向客户提出其他建议
to the client to suggest otherwise.
是件造成很大危害的事
I know you're young and enthusiastic,
我知道你年轻气盛
but I think you need to deal
但我认为你需要
with your zeal.
克制你的热情
Sometimes it can cause harm.
有些时候那会造成损害的
The meeting's at 9:00.
会议是在九点
CARRIE: We'd been married just under four years.
我们结婚不到四年
Happily?
生活快乐吗?
CARRIE: Till about two years ago.
两年前还可以
He was having problems with his partners,
他和他的生意伙伴出了些问题
and he started drinking more.
他就开始酗酒
He started hitting me.
他开始打我
STRINGER: He started hitting you.
他开始打你?
Over what period of time?
有多长时间了?
Over a period of about six months.
差不多六个月
Then I got pregnant,
然后我怀孕了
and he promised to stop drinking.
他答应戒酒
Did he?
他戒了吗?
For a while.
戒了一段时间
Things kept getting worse at work.
但他工作上越来越不顺心
I couldn't have been easy to be around,
我第一次怀孕的头三个月
you know, the first trimester
我不可能很容易相处
of my first pregnancy.
我不可能很容易相处
Can you tell us what happened that night?
你能告诉我们当晚的情况吗?
He came home.
他回到家
He'd been drinking.
他已经喝高了
And he said--
他说。。。
he said he didn't want me
他说他不想要我了
and he didn't want the baby,
他也不想要孩子
that he was suffocating,
他觉得很憋气
that I'd ruined everything.
说是我把一切都弄糟了
STRINGER: Did you argue?
你争辩了吗?
CARRIE: Not really.
也算不上
I began to respond when he just shoved me,
在他推我的时候,我开始做出回应
and then he punched me.
然后他打了我一拳
What did you do?
你呢?
I did what I always did.
我跟以前一样
I took it,
我忍♥了
tried not to make him any more angry.
尽量不惹他更生气
STRINGER: How did he react to that?
他对此有何反应?
He said something about
他说了些
getting it out of me,
让我滚蛋之类的话
and then he punched me,
然后又打了我一拳
and I fell to the ground.
我摔倒在地上
STRINGER: Then what?
然后呢?
And I pulled...
我从。。。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表