剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
They are.
他们是的
BARKER: What happens is they form an Ad Hoc Committee.
他们会成立一个特别委员会
Basically, what they do is they walk around the office,
大体上就是在司法部办公室里
grab four or five prosecutors,
随便找几个检察官
whoever's there.
随便找几个检察官
And that committee decides whether or not
这个委员会来决定
to go for death?
是否采用死刑?
Pretty much.
差不多吧
The U. S. Attorney makes a short presentation,
由联邦检察官做一个简短的陈述
and then they vote.
然后就投票
Simple as that.
就这么简单
Sometimes they even do it over sandwiches.
有时候他们甚至同时还在吃三明治
The problem is once they decide,
问题是一旦他们决定了
Bobby is right, you can't appeal it.
Bobby说得对,你们没法上诉
Do we get to address this committee?
我们能在这个委员会发言吗?
Do you have the right to? No.
你要问的是你们有权吗?答案是不
But sometimes they will invite defense lawyers in
但有时他们会邀请辩护律师
to hear what they have to say.
听他们说些什么
How do we get such an invitation?
我们如何得到这样的邀请呢?
You cross your fingers.
只有祈求好运降临
Thank you.
谢谢
Any other way?
有别的方法吗?
DONNELL: Like someone who used to work
比方说曾经在司法部
in the justice department
工作过的人
could make a phone call?
打个电♥话♥有用吗?
Please.
拜托了
This kid is a criminal, no doubt,
这孩子毫无疑问是个罪犯
but he doesn't deserve death.
但是他罪不至死
I'll make a call.
我会打个电♥话♥的
Thank you.
谢谢你
Could I have a second with Bobby?
我可以单独和Bobby说点事吗?
What are you doing?
你这是干嘛?
What?
怎么了?
Why am I here?
为什么找我?
Because we needed-- BARKER: You don't have
- 因为我需要。。。
- 你和司法部
any other connections to the justice department?
的其他人就没有联♥系♥吗?
Believe it or not.
信不信由你
No.
真没有
Um, Lindsay Dole, my wife.
呃,Lindsay Dole,我的太太
Sarah Barker.
Nice to meet you.
见到你很高兴
Do you want me to wait or--
你希望我等等。。。
DONNELL: Um, no, no.
呃,不,不用
I think--
我觉得。。。
We're done.
我们说完了
We're done. Yes.
完事了,嗯
DONNELL: Thank you again for--
再次谢谢你。。。
Everything I've done.
因我所做的一切
Yes.
是的
Well, I will let you know what the committee says.
好吧,委员会有信了我就通知你
Nice to meet you, Lindsay.
见到你很高兴,Lindsay
You too.
我也是
You okay?
你没事吧?
Me?
我?
You seem a little on tilt.
你看起来有点神不守舍
Oh, um, death-penalty case.
噢,呃,死刑案
I'm a little rattled.
我有点紧张
Too rattled to eat?
紧张到没胃口了?
No, no.
不,不
Let's go eat.
我们去吃饭吧
STRINGER: If you think about it, these are exactly the criminals
如果你仔细想想,这正是那些
they should execute.
该执行死刑的罪犯
How do you figure that?
你怎么想的?
STRINGER: Well, if the death penalty exists
如果死刑是作为威慑手段而存在的话
as a deterrent,
如果死刑是作为威慑手段而存在的话
this is where it would be the most effective.
这个案子会是最能起到效果的
You know, if people get the message
你看,如果人们知道
you get careless with a gun--
你不小心用枪。。。
I think we should just deport them.
我认为应该就把他们驱逐出境
He's an American, Lucy.
他是个美国公民,Lucy
So what?
那怎么了?
You kill somebody, you lose citizenship.
你杀了人,你就失去公民身份
Boom. Done.
砰,完了
What's wrong with that?
这有什么错?
They're right in there.
他们就在里面
Thank you.
谢谢
Okay, you've got your invitation.
好了,你们得到邀请了
10:00 tomorrow morning.
明天上午10点
Thank you.
谢谢
BERLUTI: Is there a certain procedure or--
是不是有特定的程序或者。。。
Not really.
不见得
The prosecution goes first, then you.
先是控方,然后是你们
Expect to get about 10 minutes.
预计大概十分钟吧
Now, look, don't waste it arguing the elements.
不要浪费时间去争论法律要素
The committee assumes guilt.
委员会认为是罪名成立的
They assume a first-degree conviction.
他们认可一级谋杀的定罪
Their role is only how to punish the convicted.
他们的角色只是如何惩罚被定罪的人
You mean what punishment to recommend.
你是指什么建议采用什么样的惩罚
It's the jury who decides.
这是陪审团决定的
The jury may decide, Jimmy,
陪审团也许可以决定
but if you look at their track record,
但如果你查一下过往记录
when the feds ask for death, they almost always get it.
当联邦要求处以死刑时,他们几乎总能如愿
YOUNG: Which means if we're to save this kid's life--
这就是说如果我们要救这孩子的命。。。
You need to do it here.
你得在这一步就做到
DONNELL: What about administrative rules?
那行政法规呢?
I don't think you understand.
我觉得你没弄明白
They pluck five prosecutors, they put them in a room,
他们找来五个检察官,集中在一个房♥间里
and they decide.
由他们决定
No rules,
没有什么规则
no evidentiary procedure,
也没有证据听证程序
no due process.
没有正当法定程序
You just make the best case you can
你就要尽你所能去证明
that this kid deep down is an angel.
这个孩子本质上是个天使
We better get to work.
我们最好开始准备吧
I'm still stuck on the why.
我还是不明白为什么
Why go after this kid?
他们为什么要死咬着这个孩子呢?
BARKER: It isn't the kid, Jimmy.
原因不在于那个孩子,Jimmy
It's the Commonwealth.
是冲着马萨诸塞州来的
Ashcroft is trying to bring the death penalty
Ashcroft正在试图将死刑引入
(Ashcroft:美国司法部长,2001-2005在任)
into all of the States that don't have it,
所有没有死刑的州
and Massachusetts is on the top of his list.
而马萨诸塞州是他第一个目标
So he's hauling state murder cases into federal court?
所以他要把州管辖的谋杀案移交联邦法♥院♥?
YOUNG: Like I said, we better get to work.
如我所说,我们还是开始准备吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
BARKER: No problem.
不客气
Sarah,
we really appreciate this.
对此我们真是太感谢了
Well, good luck with it.
祝你们好运
You're gonna need it.
你们会需要些运气的
Listen, uh,
听我说,呃
it's gonna be a late night here,
今晚会加班到很晚的
and I don't know if you have plans, but...
我不知道你有没有别的安排,如果。。。
you wanna grab some dinner?
你想去吃晚饭吗?
The reason this is so important.
开枪的正当理由是非常重要的
We have no defense.
我们没有辩护的理由
The kid he was shooting at
他冲着开枪的那个孩子
it turns out he had no weapon.
最后查明没有携带武器
None of the witnesses saw him make any threatening gestures
没有证人看到他对你的儿子有威胁性的举动
towards your son,
没有证人看到他对你的儿子有威胁性的举动
and Troy himself told the police
况且Troy自己对警方说
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表