剧集 | 遗失的世界(1999) | 导航列表
They used to use this room for interviews.
他们以前用这个屋子来做谈话
There's nothing in there except old files from the Boer war.
除了布尔战争的旧文件那什么都没有
Ah, tea?
喝茶吗?
I would prefer an explanation I can take to the Admiralty...
我还是更想要一个解释 为什么工作被打断
when they ask me why my work has been interrupted.
海军部问起来我好交差
Well, you're right about that, Your work has been interrupted.
很对 你的工作是被打断了
But not by us.
但不是被我们
The iridium you've been expecting has been stolen.
你想要的铱金属被偷了
What!?
什么!?
That iridium is vital to the Van de Waals process!
铱对范德瓦尔斯过程至关重要
I cannot complete my work without it!
没有它我完成不了我的工作!
Which is why we're taking this theft so seriously.
所以我们现在严肃处理贼的问题
Where were you two nights ago, professor?
两天之前你在哪里 教授?
You think I stole my own iridium!?
你认为我偷了自己的铱!?
That iridium is the property of His Majesty's government.
那些铱是陛下政♥府♥的财产
With that iridium, I could end this war overnight!
有了那些铱 我能一夜之间终止这场战争!
Are you listening to me in there?
你在里边听到了吗?
Nobody need die! Not on this side,
不需要有人伤亡!我方不会
and not on the other!
敌方也不会!
Do you think there's something wrong with the enemy dying?
你对于消灭敌军有意见?
I think there is something wrong...
一些贪婪的自私的自大狂们
when the greed and pride of...
将这个世界带向毁灭的边缘
self-serving megalomaniacs drags the world to the brink of destruction!
我对这有意见!
Some might argue, that it is the scientists...
一些人会说 是科学家
who have made this war so much worse than the others.
将这场战争变得很糟
The secrets of nature are all around us.
自然的秘密无处不在
It is the scientists who reveal them...
只是科学家揭示了他们
and the politicians who pervert them!
并且政客们滥用了!
And I for one would walk to hell and back...
我一个人愿意走一圈地狱
to end the blind stupidity that drives one man to believe...
来结束这种盲目的愚蠢 因为它只会让人们相信
that the only way he can advance himself is by crushing another.
提升自己的唯一方式是毁掉别人
Quite the visionary.
不愧是"智者"
Can any one man summon the future?
凭一个改变未来?
All it takes, is one person.
只需要一个人就够了
And then there will always be others, brave and true enough to follow.
然后就会有其他人跟随 勇敢而又正直
With that iridium,
有了铱元素
I could have developed a process that would have put an end to war forever.
我就能研究出成果 永远制止战争
Well, no wonder our enemies want to steal it.
难怪我们的敌人想偷走它
Thank you for your time, professor and for your inspiring words.
谢谢你抽出时间 教授 也谢谢你激昂的话语
You still haven't answered the question,
你还是没有回答我的问题
where were you two nights ago?
两天前你在哪里?
I was in my lab. I'm always in my lab.
我在实验室 我总是在实验室
Ask my wife.
你可以问我妻子
We will of course let you know what we find out.
我们查明白的时候会告诉你的
No you won't. You're like the rest of them.
不 不会的 你跟他们一样
You'll tell me what you want and the truth be damned!
你们只会指挥人 并且不顾真♥相♥!
How did you manage to steal it?
你如何偷到的?
After all this time, you think I'll just give you names.
过了这么久 你觉得我会告诉你
So you can put me up against a wall and shoot me as a spy?
然后你就把我摁到墙上把我当做间谍杀了我?
That long brutal war is over, Drummond.
那场漫长残酷的战争已经结束了 Drummond
No one cares about my work with the navy, or the iridium.
没人在乎我海军的工作 或者铱元素
Nobody is looking for you anymore.
没有人再找你了
I wasn't meaning to pry, Marguerite.
我没打算要刺探 玛格丽特
But that's exactly what you're doing.
但是你就是在刺探啊
A simple question about your childhood.
问一个关于你童年的简单问题
That's all I asked. No childhood is ever simple.
我就这个要求 童年都不简单
Coffee?
来点咖啡吗?
You know you told me once that you...
你曾经告诉我你
played on the standing stones and fairy rings at Avebury.
在埃夫伯里的立石和仙人圈那玩耍
Do you remember that?
你还记得吗?
That's where my family estate it.
我们家的房♥子就在那
It would be fascinating,
会很奇妙的
don't you think, if our...
你不这样觉得吗 如果我们的...
paths had crossed as children? I mean,
童年道路能重叠在一起?
what an incredible coincidence.
多么不可思议的巧合
There's no such thing as a coincidence.
根本没有巧合这一说
So you think everything happens for a purpose?
所以说你认为所有事发生都是有目的的?
Yes!
是的!
And that purpose is usually to make my life miserable.
并且那目的总是让我的生活很惨淡
With the possible exception of your coffee.
你的咖啡除外
Thank you.
谢谢你
Okay.
好吧
Did you ever see a gawky young girl...
你有没有见过一个带着长长的红色围巾...
with a long red scarf ...
的笨手笨脚的小女孩...
twirling about the standing stones of Avebury...
在埃夫伯里的立石那转圈...
like a drunken monkey!
像喝醉的猴子一样!
No.
没有
I don't suppose you ever saw a dashing...
我觉得你也没见过一个潇洒的...
young lad come riding passed on an slightly arthritic old pony...
年轻小伙子骑着一匹有轻微关节炎的小马...
went by the name of Mr. Robinson.
名叫Robinson先生
The boy? My pony!
男孩? 我的小马!
Some of us didn't have a pony or a childhood.
不是所有人都拥有小马或者童年的
Marguerite, I... Roxton, stop!
玛格丽特 我... 罗斯顿 停止吧!
Stop stirring up the past.
停止挖掘过去
There's nothing there for any of us!
我们两个在那里没有交点!
Look, I was only... Well, you're not!
我只是... 你不是!
I think I should go do some hunting.
我该去打猎了
I'm...
我很...
Hey, you in the cape!
喂 穿斗篷那个!
I'm looking for this old guy.
我在找一个老人
Now that's a mistake! Yours, not mine.
现在看来是个错误! 你的错误 不是我的
Veronica, quit it!
维罗妮卡 停手!
Who are you? Your new housemate.
你是谁? 你的新室友
Lieutenant Drummond,
Drummond上尉
after all these years, why didn't you ever try to leave.
过了这么多年 为什么你没有尝试离开呢
I had my orders.
我有上头的命令
To remain here, all this time?
一直守在这里 这么多年?
My orders are to protect the iridium at all costs.
我的命令是要不顾一切代价保护铱元素
Your performance of your duty is most commendable.
你的所作所为值得赞美
And I'm never to leave the iridium unguarded for an instant.
我每时每刻都在防备着
Is that why you've never left?
你就是因为那个从未离开?
Because you couldn't leave the iridium?
因为你不能离开铱?
How could I carry it? Where would I carry it?
我该怎么带?我要带到哪?
Not alone.
就一个人
You could have buried it.
你可以埋了它
Well, yes. That's the second thing I did.
当然了 那是我做的第二件事
After the crash, I...
在失事后 我...
I buried my co-pilot.
我掩埋了我的飞行同事
Then I buried the iridium.
然后我又埋了铱
But then, I could never be certain, could I?
但是之后 我无法确定 对吧?
Certain of what?
确定什么?
That one of you spineless MI5 toads wouldn't...
不能确定会不会有软骨头的军情五处的走狗
come in the middle of the night and steal it!
半夜来偷了它!
What did you do that?
那你怎么做了?
Well, I had to dig it up again, didn't I? I had to open the box...
我不得不把挖出来 对不对? 我不得不打开盒子...
and check the bars again, and then I could be certain.
再检查下那些铱条 然后我才能确定
And when you were certain? Then...
当你确定了之后呢? 之后...
I... I buried it again, for another night.
我...我又把它埋了 在另一个晚上
So you dug it up and reburied the iridium every day for five years?
这么说你五年来每天都把铱埋进去再挖出来?
I said I had my orders.
我说了这是命令
After all this time I doubt your orders remain in force.
都这么久了我真怀疑你的命令是否还有效
Then I would have received new orders!
那我就接受新的命令!
Well, how?
怎么接受?
This. The radio from your plane?
这个 你飞机上的收音机?
How long is it since it worked?
坏了多久了?
Since the crash.
从失事开始
I believe I could fix that.
我觉得我能修好它
How? we're in the middle of the jungle.
怎么修?我们身在在丛林中
I live in a remarkable place. Not too far from here.
我住的地方很好 离这里不远
It was built by people from an expedition who also...
是一群探险队的人建的 他们...
剧集 | 遗失的世界(1999) | 导航列表