Well, I don't know who you think that is, Booth
我不知道你认为我是什么样 Booth
because this is who I really am. Just this.
我就是这个样子
Oh, God, sorry.
哦 天 不好意思
I'm okay. Are you?
没关系 你还好吗
Sure.
当然
Well, truthfully, this whole thing is pretty awkward.
好吧 其实 整件事都变得尴尬起来
Don't you think?
你不觉得吗
We're just doing our job. We'll be fine.
我们只是在做自己的事儿 我们会好的
It's just they have this jury consultant-
就是那个陪审团
they want to turn this into a melodrama.
他们想把这变成一出情景剧
They don't understand what a scientist is.
他们不理解什么是科学
Tempe, we're not allowed to talk about the case.
Tempe 我们不应该讨论案子
I know, I'm just saying...
我知道 我就是...
my guy's going to freak if he sees us talking.
我的人看见我们聊天会吓坏
Sure. Sorry.
当然 抱歉了
In my opinion, the high levels of hydromorphone
在我看来 高浓度的氢吗♥啡♥酮
are more consistent with recreational use than for pain relief.
更像是娱乐消遣而不是医用镇痛
Could you explain?
你能解释下吗
Well, I might not use all the technical language
我也许不会全用专业词汇
but I'll try to make myself understood.
但我会试着让大家明白
Objection, your honor. The witness is impugning another witness.
反对 法官大人 证人有意攻击另一位证人
Sustained.
同意
Continue.
请继续
I'm sorry. I don't do this professionally.
不好意思 我♥干♥这个不是很专业
People who need to relieve physical pain will stop after the pain disappears.
需要镇痛的人在缓解疼痛后就会停止用药
It doesn't take more than an average dose to accomplish that.
不需要超过常量的药就可以
Drug users are trying to bury emotional pain
吸毒者通常试图用药物埋没情感痛楚
which means that they'll medicate until they feel nothing.
意思就是他们会滥用直到失去感觉
This is why they have a tendency to overdose, like Maggie Schilling.
这就是他们吸毒过量的原因 比如Maggie Schilling
That's not accurate.
这不准确
Sometimes intense chronic pain does not respond to medication.
有时药物对慢性疼痛没有作用
I'll bring that up in cross-examination.
我会在交互讯问的时候提问
What about Dr. Brennan's claim that her pain
那Dr. Brennan关于疼痛与
was somehow connected to the victim being bound for a length of time?
长时间捆绑有关的说法呢
Well, the Costellos have already stipulated to the fact
Costello夫妇已经承认捆绑过
that they bound Ms. Schilling
被害人
as part of their rather unorthodox sexual life.
作为他们非常规性行为的一部分
And Dr. Brennan agrees that Ms. Schilling had hyperpara-
Dr. Brennan已经认同Ms. Schilling患有甲状腺功能...
well, if I could simplify-
简单点说就是
a thyroid condition that could weaken her bones.
是一种会让她骨质变脆弱的疾病
No need to look for bondage scenarios.
没必要归咎于绑♥架♥导致
That's ridiculous. He's ignoring all the facts.
这太可笑了 他完全忽视了证据
With respect to my former student Dr. Brennan
恕我对我的前学生直言 Dr. Brennan
with findings like these
就这些发现
I don't know why she became a forensic anthropologist.
我不知道她是怎么当上人类学家的
She seems to have ignored all but her preconceived notions about the case.
除了对案子先入为主的观点她忽略了所有证据
Objection.
反对
Sustained.
反对有效
I apologize.
很抱歉
Do you disagree with Dr. Brennan's data?
你不认同Dr. Brennan的数据?
Well, sometimes doctors can use data to confuse a very simple situation.
有时候博士们会用数据把简单的事情搞复杂
I mean, I'm a doctor and I could hardly follow her.
我是说 我也是博士我都很难理解她
This case is about people, not incomprehensible technical jargon.
案子的关键是人 而不是复杂的专业术语
I don't think that these people should be convicted of murder
不该因为Dr. Brennan听上去很聪明就认为这两个人
just because Dr. Brennan sounds smart.
是杀人犯
Your honor, really.
法官大人 这什么情况
The jury will disregard professor Stires' personal view of Dr. Brennan.
陪审团不会考虑Stitres教授对Dr. Brennan的个人看法
Court will adjourn until 9:00 A.M. tomorrow.
休庭 明早九点继续
He wasn't acting as an objective expert. He was making up a story.
他根本就不是个客观专家 他是在编故事
The judge chastised him in front of the jury.
法官在陪审团前谴责他了
That'll work for us.
这对我们有利
The hell it will. The jury loves Stires.
当然了 陪审团喜欢他
He looks like a regular guy
他就像个因为
who's not allowed to speak the truth
愚蠢的条例
because the stupid rules get in the way.
说不出真♥相♥的正常人
The rules of juris prudence aren't stupid.
法律的条例才不愚蠢
Dr. Brennan, you need to learn the difference between reality and perception.
Dr. Brennan 你要分清现实和感知的不同
A trial is all about perception.
庭审在乎感知
Wow. You are the reason civilization is declining.
就因为你这种人 人类文明才会退化
Talk to her.
跟她说说
I kind of agree with her.
我同意她
Thanks.
谢谢
I really don't agree with you I just...
其实也不是
I don't like her.
我就是不太待见她
Put me back on the stand.
让我重回证人席
I can rebut everything that Michael said.
我可以反驳他说的一切
She can do this.
她可以的
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
I've never been in this position before, Booth.
我从没陷入这样的境地 Booth
I need to get back up there.
我必须回去
All right, just let me talk to him.
好 让我和他谈谈
Trial going badly?
庭审不太顺利?
You don't usually cram at the last minute.
你一般不临时抱佛脚的
The jury likes Michael better than they like me.
陪审团更喜欢Michael
Apparently, that's a problem.
显而易见 这是个问题
Are they stupid?
他们是不是蠢
Compared to you, yes, they are stupid.
和你比的话 是的
However, compared to you, most of the world is a little stupid.
可同时 和你相比 这个世界大部分的人都比你笨一点
You have many skills, Temperance.
你有很多技巧 Temperance
Not one of them includes communicating with the average person on the street.
但就是不包括在路上和普通人闲谈这一项
Which is exactly what juries are made of.
而陪审团恰好就是这些人组成的
I'm a better forensic anthropologist than Michael Stires.
我是比Michael Stires专业的多的人类法医学家
Which is why, two years ago, I hired you instead of him.
这也是为什么两年前我聘请的是你不是他
Michael applied for this job?
Michael也申请过这份工作
Yes.
是的
His credentials are better than mine.
他的资质比我好
Yes. But...
是的 但是
you are the more rational, reasoned, empirical scientist.
你更理性 明智 以实验为事实依据
And you care.
而且你在乎
And if he tries to convince you otherwise, tell him to go to hell.
如果他想说服你的话 就叫他去死吧
Is it safe to approach, Dr. Brennan?
可以过来吗 Dr. Brennan
Don't charm, Michael.
少来 Michael
I think you're taking this too personally.
我觉得你掺杂太多私人感情了
You think I should be more rational?
你觉得我应该理智些
Yes.
对
Go to hell.
去死吧
Look, you're not the only one with a jury consultant.
不是只有你有陪审团顾问
The difference is, I listened to mine.
不同的是 我听了我的
He told me to create reasonable doubt, that's what I did.
他让我提出合理质疑 我照做了
This one isn't about winning a pasta dinner
这不是为了赢一顿晚餐
or showing up your former student.
或是向你的前学生炫耀
It's about putting two people away who murdered a 19-year-old girl.
这事关把两个谋杀了一个19岁的少女绳之以法
Tempe, you can't personalize the work.
Tempe 你不能把个人感情带进工作
Do you remember, in central America
你记得吗 那次我们在中美洲
standing in a mass grave being guarded by soldiers?
在一个四周都是士兵的乱葬岗
We knew that they were probably the same soldiers
我们明知道这些士兵可能就是杀了
who killed the people we were digging up.
我们正在挖掘的受害人的人
I was just a student.
当时我还是学生
I was scared, I turned to you and I asked, "what do we do?"
我很害怕 我转身问你"我们怎么办"
That was a different place and a radically different context.
地方不同 环境也不一样
You said, "we tell the truth. We do not flinch. "
你说 "我们说出真♥相♥ 毫不畏缩"
You flinched, Michael.
你退缩了 Michael
I can't ask her that.
我不能问她这个问题
The whole line of questioning isn't relevant.
整个问题和案件都没关系
He brought it up during his testimony
他作证提出的证据
so legally you can reintroduce it.
法律上讲你可以重提
I don't see how it's going to change anything.
我看不出这会有什么改变
Trust me, it will.
相信我 会的
Am I testifying?
我能作证吗
Only a prolonged struggle, not sexual activity
只有长时间的挣扎 而无性行为
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表