剧集 | 遗失的世界(1999) | 导航列表
Save ya bullets.
子弹省下了.
How did you find us?
你怎么找到我们的?
Are you kidding? You two made enough noise to raise the whole jungle.
开玩笑吧?你们俩把整个世界都吵醒了
Somebody wanna tell me what this is all about?
有没有谁想告诉我发生了什么事?
Witchcraft.
是巫术.
Every time I let go of this book
只要我把拿书的手一松开
it will fall it requires no faith on my part nor on yours.
书就会落下,这根本不需要我的信仰也不用你们的.
And no amount of prayer will stop it from falling.
而且任何祈祷也不会阻止它的降落.
Now whether or not I choose to believe in the laws of gravity
无论你是否相信万有引力定律,
they still keep my feet on the ground.
我们大家的双脚仍然站在地上.
Hear him. He defies nature.
你们听,他在挑战自然.
I explain nature with science.
我在用科学来解释自然.
Why should it be more pious to believe that the Gods created
你们为什么如此确信这是上帝创造了一切
a world we can't understand?
我们同样不能理解.
Because God works in mysterious ways.His mysterious are his mysteries.
因为上帝用神秘的方式创造一切,那神秘就在于他的不可知
Wouldn't you like medicines that could cure the sick,
你可以想像一切可以治愈疾病的药物
machines that could fly, light that could burn without flame.
机器可以飞上天,灯可以取代火把照明.
All this from science?
这都是因为科学?
All this and more. all from the ingenuity of man.
这些都是,还有更多,都来自人类智慧的结晶.
And you say these laws that science has discovered they are forever true?
你所说的这一切都是科学发明的?它们会永远正确吗?
Once set in motion an object will stay in motion until acted
只要给物体一个力物体就会一直运动下去
upon by an outside force.
直到有外力的阻止.
So, it is possible to interfere with these laws.
可是给物体一个外力是很容易办到的.
No. only the object. the laws themselves cannot be changed.
不是的,只是物体本身是不会改变的.
This girl's death was set in motion,her breathing had stopped,
这个女孩儿的死是必然的,她已经没有了呼吸.
her soul was on its way to heaven until you interfered.
她的灵魂已经在通往天堂的路上是你们阻止了她.
It's not the same. No?
这不是一样的. 不
She is the object. Her soul called back to the Gods.
她就是个物体.她的灵魂已经被上帝召走
Either you are witches defying the natural order of life
你们运用了巫术违背了大自然的规律
or I'll have no choice but to send this child back to the Gods.
我没别的选择只能将孩子送回到上帝的身边.
I should have taken a different approach.
我真不该采取这种方式
I played right into his hands.
跟他们讲理是行不通的
You couldn't have known you're not devious enough.
你当初是怎么知道他们是如此的愚昧落后.
Let's hope the council will see through him. It's in their hands now.
希望陪审团能够想通,决定权在他们手中.
No, it's in mine.
不,在我们手中.
What are you talking about?
你在说些什么?
I'll confess to being a witch and I'll tell them I forced you to defend me.
我会承认我是巫师并告诉他们是我在强迫你帮我辩护.
You will do no such thing!
不你不能这么做!
This isn't about science and religion, Challenger.
现在已经不是宗教的问题了查林杰.
It's about who has the power to give life and to take it away.
现在我们面临的问题是谁有权力决定你的生死
My life cannot continue at the cost of the child's.
我不能以这个女孩儿的性命来换取我的生命.
Summerlee...
萨莫瑞...
Strange isn't it?
很奇怪,是吧?
Back home you made your reputation by tearing down my work,
伦敦的时候我们是死对头,争锋相对
decrying me at every turn.
话不投机半句多
And now you're willing to risk your own life to defend mine.
但是现在你为我辩护.
It's not hard at all.
这一点也不奇怪.
Back in London you made a habit of being persistently wrong headed.
在伦敦的时候你执迷不悟绝对是个老顽固
Whatever happens, Challenger, I'm glad to have had you on my side.
无论怎么样,查林杰,我很高兴你能站在我这一边.
Why are you doing this?
你为什么要这么做?
Can't have you bleed to death on the way home.
我可不希望你死在半路上.
Don't want to ruin the fun of killing me once we get there.
你不想让我这么轻易的结束痛苦.
You never believed we were witches did you?
你并不相信我是女巫是吗?
Heathens maybe, witches no.
异教♥徒♥有可能,女巫不是.
Then how can you let them kill us?
那你为什么让他们杀我们?
The price of unity. The death of a few outsiders. A handful of dissenters.
为了维护统一我们要消灭外来人,铲除异教♥徒♥.
Tolmac's teachings give my men something to fight for.
Tolmac的教义要求我们每个人都要清楚自己为何而战.
What about you?
那你为何而战?
I already have something to fight for. my daughter.
我当然清楚我为何而战,我的女儿.
She didn't seem like a lesser man to me.
我知道她不是个软弱的女孩儿.
She held her own until the current caught her.
她应该可以保护自己.
She's a fine girl.Make a good tracker.
她是好女孩儿,最擅长跟踪.
What would Tolmac say?
Tolmac怎么说?
Tolmac knows better than to mess with my family.
Tolmac不会破坏我的家庭的.
High Priest's can be replaced.
高级祭司是不会被替换的.
So can commanders of armies.
所以才能指挥军队.
He wouldn't dare, let's go.
他不会那样做的,我们走.
Not that I'm not a great admirer of decisive action, but what's the plan
既然你不相信我说的话,认为我说的话没有价值,
once we get to the village. We wing it.
那我们到那儿去村庄干什么我们必须去
Translation he has no idea.
你以为他根本不知道
Eyes ahead. keep moving.
眼睛看前方,别停下.
Any time now.
我们谈一谈.
I guess I owe you one.
我欠你一个人情
Great, answer a question.
好极了,回答一个问题.
Always the reporter.
记者就是记者.
Those markings the ones in the tomb
那些文字那个墓碑上的
why do they frighten you so much?
为什么给你这么大的震撼?
Don't be ridiculous.
别开玩笑了.
Is it what they say a threat, a curse?
它们真的写的那样吗?是恐吓是诅咒?
It was a prayer to the God of the underworld to remember his name
那是祈祷,祈祷上帝让人们在他死后还能
in the rolls of the dead.
记住他的名字.
But how could you read that?
可你怎么能看懂呢?
I don't know!
我也不知道!
The words just form in my mind like chalk appearing on a blackboard.
那些文字浮现在我的脑海中就像黑板上的粉笔字一样.
Lines, markings, scribbles.
线条,符号♥,字符.
Yet you read them as easily as I would decipher the latest Sherlock Holmes.
读起来像夏洛克福尔摩斯,像密♥码♥一样.
All those years at Oxford. maybe I was paying attention after all.
也许这些年在牛津练就了我的特殊本领.
You really don't know do you?
你自己也不知道是吗?
Shouldn't we be getting a move on?
我们继续赶路好吗?
You have no idea how you were able to read a language
你自己也不清楚为什么你能
thousands of years old.That's what terrifies you.
看懂几千年前的文字.那才是让你震撼的.
I guess we all have our demons.Consider yourself repaid.
我想我已经换了你的人情,再问就要报酬了.
Fair enough for now.
很公平.
What the hell are you doing back there? Stopping from tea?
该死的你们两个在后面干什么?喝茶?
Roxton, that stuff about your brother,that was out of line even for me.
洛克斯顿,关于你弟弟的事我真的不是故意的,我道歉.
Forget it. There's other things to worry about.
忘了吧,我们还有更重要的事.
Here before you is the agent of Satan.
现在你们面前的是巫师,撒旦的诡计.
The one who stole the soul of this poor girl.
他们偷走了这个可怜女孩儿的灵魂.
This child, this innocent a victim of this man's evil.
这个孩子,是无辜的是那些魔鬼的牺牲品.
I am the witch.
我是巫师.
No he's not, I am the witch.
不,他不是,我才是巫师.
This man is clearly out of his head on the one you want.
这个人已经失去理智了我才是你们想要的.
Come on Tolmac, you know who your real enemy is.
快点Tolmac,你知道你真正的敌人.
Yes I do. The heretics have confessed to their sins.
是的我知道.异教♥徒♥们终于承认了罪行.
They tried to seduce us with promises of wonder,
他们还试图迷惑我们,
unnatural devices,
用他们的巫术,
raising that dead.
来蛊惑我们.
But I would not be seduced.
但是我不是那么容易受骗的.
Mine eyes are the eyes that see,mine are the ears that hear,
我的眼睛可以分辨魔鬼,我的耳朵可以辨别魔音.
mine is the voice of salvation.
我就是上帝派来拯救你们的.
Burn them! Burn them all!
烧死他们!烧死他们!
She has done nothing.
她什么也没做.
She is the symbol of your heresy.Her soul must be purified.
她是你们巫术的象征.她的灵魂必须被
On wings of flame the fire...
纯净的烈火所洗礼...
Wait! of Salvation.
等等! 赎罪.
Shooting a priest that's your idea of winging it.
这就是你说的方法吗,射杀祭司.
A group of outsiders have just saved you daughter's life. Again.
一群你所谓的外来人已经救了你女儿两次了.
Will you still let them die?
你还要置他们于死地?
It was the will of the Gods.
这是上帝的意图.
The Gods have spoken rejoice
上帝真正的意图是,
for Jesucoatl, God of rebirth,
享受人生,享受快乐
who has brought life where there was death.
重生的生命是上帝赋予她的.
All hail Pintario, holy inquisitor,
圣明的Pintario万岁,神圣的审判官.
high priest of the Christecs.
上帝的虔诚教♥徒♥.
Some believe what separates men from animals is our ability to reason.
有人认为人与动物的区别在于我们能够思考
The others say it's language or romantic love or opposable thumbs.
还有人认为是语言是人的情感或是劳动的工具
Living here in this lost world
生活在这个迷失的世界里
I've come to believe it's more than our biology.
我发现人与动物不仅仅是生理上的区别
What truly makes us human is our unending search
真正使我们成为人类的是我们不断探索的能力
our abiding desire for immortality.
以及我们求知的欲望
剧集 | 遗失的世界(1999) | 导航列表