剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
and then you kind of undercut my authority in there.
但是你当场拆了我的台
Yeah,I'm sorry about that.
嗯 我很抱歉
We could've closed it clean for 1.75.
我们本可以175万成交的
I know.
我知道
So now we just sit it out?
那现在我们就这样坐失良机吗
Liz has cancer,Jake.
莉兹得了癌症 杰克
What?
什么
Found out last night.Is it serious?
昨天晚上发现的 是真的吗
Mm-hmm.
嗯哼
Burton,I'm so sorry.
伯顿 我非常抱歉
You know,you should have told me
你知道 你应该在会议之前
about this before the meeting.
就告诉我的
I--I am trying to
我……我在努力
get vortex as our client,
让沃特克斯公♥司♥成为我们的客户
and I--I really don't want to do
而我……我的确不想
a deal with them that can turn out badly.
把这个生意搞砸
The U.S.Attorney
美国律师事务所
wants names from Kalaya.
想要从克莱亚那里得到毒贩的名字
What does Kalaya get?
那克莱亚能得到什么
Protection from the Thai penal system.
不受泰国的刑罚
Come on.She'll be dead in the streets.
得了吧 她会死在街头的
Yeah.That's why I didn't take the deal.
是啊 所以我才没有接受他们的条件
I lined up a couple of prospective foster parents.
我联♥系♥了一对愿意收养她的夫妇
Do you think we have any kind
你认为我们今天
of a shot in here today?
有胜算吗
Probably not,Ms.Agnes.
恐怕没有 艾格尼丝小姐
How did it go today?
今天进展如何
Well,they want you to get life insurance.
嗯 他们要求你上人身保险
Heh!I can't do it.
嘿 我不能那样做
Well,then the deal may not come off.
好吧 那样的话 生意可就做不成了
I told you about my little problem
我告诉过你我有苦衷
because we're family.
因为我把你当家人
It has nothing to do with this deal.
但这跟做生意一点关系也没有
I didn't say a word to them about that.
我没有泄露你得病的事情
This is just standard stuff.
这种要求也很正常
When an individual is a commodity,
当一个人有了商业价值
people want insurance.
人们就想为其上保险
Fine.I'll get another lawyer.
很好 我会再找个律师
What?
什么
I'll go Kirk & Mcgee.
我会去找柯克和麦基
Liz,there's other ways to approach this thing.
莉兹 我们还可以想想别的办法
You never change,Burton.
你一点儿也没变 伯顿
What does that mean?
这话什么意思
You lawyer everybody,
你在每个人面前都是律师的嘴脸
question everything.
对每件事都刨根问底
You talk about the rules?
你想跟我说你的那些规矩
I'm asking you to do a simple deal.
我只是叫你帮我做一笔简单的生意
And I'm telling you this is not a simple deal.
那我告诉你 这一点儿也不简单
Did someone tell them about this?
那是谁告诉他们的
Well,I didn't betray you.
好吧 反正不是我出♥卖♥♥♥你的
You told them,didn't you?
就是你说的 对吧
Of course,I didn't.I'm trying to help you.
当然不是我说的 我在试着帮你
This is exactly how you were with my sister.
你就是这么对我姐姐的
I'm not gonna have that conversation,you understand?
我不想谈这个 你的明白
This is about business.
这是谈生意呢
Right now,your deal does not look so good
而现在看来 你的买♥♥卖♥♥希望渺茫
because you can't get life insurance.
因为你不想入人身保险
Now I suggest you just relax
现在我建议你放轻松
and look at your other options.
然后想想别的办法
Like what?
比如说
Like I go to vortex personally,
比如我单独去和沃特克斯公♥司♥谈
see if I can get them to back off
看看能不能让他们回心转意
the insurance demand.
不让你上保险
They'll probably lower the price,
不过他们很可能会压低价格
and I'm not even sure they'd go for it,
我甚至不确定他们是否会同意
but they might.
不过还是有这个可能的
But before I do anything,
只是在我做这件事之前
you've got to decide on your lowest number.
你要决定好你能接受的最低数字
Kalaya is an orphan.
克莱亚是个孤儿
If she were to return to Bangkok,
如果把她送回曼谷
she would be reunited with a band
她很可能又被毒贩子抓去
of exploitive drug runners.
逼迫她贩毒
The odds of her surviving are minimal.
她生存的机会也渺茫了
The odds of her living a normal life are zero.
她可以过正常人生活的机会也是零
You honor,we can not grant asylum
法官大人 我们不能根据一个人的
based on an individual's socioeconomic situation,
社会经济条件不好或者
or a lack of family.
无家可归 就同意给她庇护所
We just can't.
我们不能这么做
You honor,with the help of social services,
法官大人 在社会福利的帮助下
we have found a responsible couple
我们找到了一对负责任的夫妇
willing to take care of Kalaya.
他们愿意照顾克莱亚
If she were to stay here,
如果让她留下
she would have a chance to live a normal life...
她会有机会过正常人的生活……
a chance to be a person...
有机会做一个人
and not a 62 pound heroin suitcase.
而不是当一个装满62磅海♥洛♥因♥的箱子
Hey.
嘿
Thank you for--for not telling my mom.
谢谢你……没有告诉我妈
No,thank you for bringing it back.
不客气 谢谢你把东西带回来
Look,uh...
那个 呃...
Nick,the whole reason I took--
尼克 我拿走这些的原因--
No,you don't need to tell me,Jeremy.
不 你无须跟我解释 杰里米
Well,I'm in trouble at,uh,at school
好吧 我在学校遇到了点儿麻烦
with some kids.
有几个家伙想收拾我
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Well,the thing is I met these kids,
嗯 事情是我在伊斯顿
uh,from Easton,
遇到了这帮家伙
and they take bets on like,uh,
当时他们在赌 呃 什么来着--
like sports games and stuff.
像是体育彩票之类的
Making book?
赌球
Yeah,yeah.Making--making book.
对 对 就是--赌球
And,uh,I'm kind of like--
然后 呃 我就有点--
kind of like the representative
某种程度上是我们学校的
at my school.
代表
Ok.Shut the door and sit down.
好吧 关上门 坐下说
And so,this kid...
所以 这个家伙...
he bets $5,000 on the Alamo bowl over/under.
他在阿♥拉♥莫队上压了5000块
And losers?
那谁输了
It's 44,the over/under,right?
他押的总比分是44
And there's,like,10 seconds left in the game
然后 好像是距离比赛结束还有10秒的时候
and the score is 23 to 20,and so,everything's good.
比分还是23比20 所以一切都很顺利
You know?But then the quarterback,
你知道 不过就在那时 那个四分卫
he fumbles--
他漏接了……
Ok,just get to the point,Jeremy.
好了 就说重点吧 杰里米
So,this kid ends up losing.
所以 这个家伙输了
And I go to him,and he doesn't pay me.
然后我找他要钱 他却不给
Instead,he goes to the Dean,
相反 他还向校长告我的刁状
tells the dean,and the dean expels me.
告诉了校长 然后我就被开除了
When did this happen?
什么时候的事情了
Um...3 weeks ago.I don't know.
呃...3星期前 我也不清楚了
But there's 2 days left in Winter break
可是还有2天寒假就结束了
And I can't even go back to school.
而我都不能回学校了
And what about the money?
那么钱呢
God,I owe this guy $6,000 now,
天啊 我现在欠这个家伙6000块
and next week it's gonna be 7.
下周就会变成7000了
He says if I don't have it by the end of the week,
他说如果我这个周末再不还钱
He's gonna come to my house
他就直接来我家
and take it from my mother,so...
跟我妈要 所以...
Let's get some lunch.
我们先去吃午餐吧
All rise.
全体起立
Having reviewed the petition briefs,
经过审读原告的诉状
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表