剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
You've done this for 24 years straight.
你已经专注这个工作24年了
You've always gotten the funding.
你每次都能申请到这项资金
Yeah, but usually I don't have any competition.
是的 不过通常我都没有竞争对手
Well, that new clinic
好吧 那一家新的服务部
Doesn't have any track record.
也没有任何成功的记录
We at the Pittsburgh children's project
我们在匹兹堡儿童项目上
Have a lofty mission.
有着崇高的使命
We intend to fight for each child
我们打算通过阿勒格尼县法律机构
In the Allegheny county court system
为每一个儿童的利益战斗
To ensure that each and every case
确保城市里的每个代理机构
Gets the thorough attention
处理的每一个案件
Of every agency in the city
都得到充分重视
To meet the full range of services
我们致力于为每个孩子
That meet each child's needs.
提供他们全方位的服务
Every child.
每个娃
One at a time.
每人一次机会
Making their lives better.
让他们的生活更加美好
Lights, please.
请开灯吧
Thank you, Ms. Moore.
谢谢 Moore女士
Now we'll hear from Mr. Alvin Masterson
下面我们听一听来自儿童法律服务部的
From children's legal services.
Alvin Masterson先生的发言
You guys know me.
你们都认识我
I've been doing this for 25 years,
我从事这个工作已经25年了
And I'll be--
而且我还会…
And I'll be doing it for 25 more.
我会继续为之奋斗25年
And I know idealism
当我看幻灯片的时候
when I see it.
我明白了什么是理想主义
Funding for public interest law firms
提供给公共利益法律机构的资金
Is precariously low.
极少且低
Less than 20% of the legal needs
低收入的美国公民家庭中
Of children of low-income Americans
他们的孩子的需求
Are being met.
只有低于20%的部分被满足
Publicly funded clinics like mine
只有我们这种由公共资金支持的机构
Are really the only way that children--
才能真正帮助到儿童…
What is it, Ms. Moore?
怎么了 Moore女士
Uh, president Rapke, I was just wondering
呃 Rapke主席 我只是在想
What Mr. Masterson's philosophy is.
Masterson先生的哲学究竟是什么
Is it the child's wishes
是孩子们的愿望
Or the best interest of the child?
还是给孩子们最好的利益
Currently, we represent the child's wishes.
目前 我们代表的是儿童的愿望
Do you think that children are prepared to make
你认为孩子们做好准备
Such important decisions for themselves?
为他们自己做如此重大的决定了吗
Some are, some are not.
一些可以 一些还不行
Most States represent best interests.
大多数州立的代理人代表的都是孩子们的利益
That's a costlier approach, Ms. Moore,
那是非常昂贵的方式 Moore女士
Because you have to go out and do the work
因为你不得不出去奔波工作
And find out what the best interests actually are.
找出什么才是孩子们最好的利益所在
But you can do that, can't you, Mr. Masterson?
但是你做到了 对吗 Masterson先生
We could, but not with the funding levels we have now.
我们可以 不过前提是我们现在需要更多的资金赞助
So what is your philosophy, Mr. Masterson?
所以你的哲学究竟是什么Masterson先生
My philosophy depends
我的哲学取决于
On the size of the county contract.
县机构提供的资金数量
Get me the Arnold files
给我关于Arnold的档案
and whatever due diligence
不管什么 你都要尽力调查
You've completed.
你都要完成
Also, run a search on a 16-year-old girl,
另外 调查一下那个16岁的女孩
Dina Jameson,
她叫做Dina Jameson
her younger sister Lisa,
还有也调查一下她的妹妹Lisa
And their parents, John and Mary Jameson.
以及她们的父母 John和Mary Jameson
What am I looking for?
我到底找什么
Anything you can find.
不管什么 你尽管去找
We are talking about refunds, Mr. Goetz,
我们是在讨论退还金额 Goetz先生
Not war reparations.
可不是战争赔款
It's still $450,000.
可是还差45万美元
Sorry I'm late.
抱歉 我迟到了
Look, Allegheny electric has already refunded $17 million.
你看 阿勒格尼电力公♥司♥已经还了1700万美元
Now, that will cost us
现在 我们要花
About $300,000 to find the people
大约30万来找出
The test of the money is owed to.
剩下金额的还款人
If you're not going to distribute the entire amount,
如果你拒绝还清全额
We're gonna ask the court to turn over your records.
我们将向法庭提出要求 翻查你们公♥司♥的记账
Well, then... we'll see you in court.
好吧 那么…我们法庭上见吧
Gentlemen.
告辞
I'd rather anybody got the money
我宁可让任何人拿到这笔钱
than these guys.
也不愿给他们这帮家伙
Self-righteous bastard...
自以为是的杂种…
So, how was it?
那么 怎么样啊
How was what?
什么怎么样
Last night with the girl.
昨天晚上 和那个女孩怎么样啊
Oh, come on,
噢 别卖♥♥关子了
At least let me live vicariously here.
至少也和我分享一下你的感受嘛
No record at all for the parents,
根本就没有那对父母的记录
And I only found records dating back to 1998
我只找到了一个追溯到1998年的记录
Fot the girls. what's it say?
关于那两个女孩的 记录上写了什么
The older girl brought a statutory rape charge
姐姐以强♥奸♥罪为名指控
Against a man in his early forties.
一个40出头的男子
Did it stick? yeah, the guy served 50 days.
指控生效了吗 是的 那个男的关了50天
What's his name? Fletcher Sachs.
叫什么名字 Fletcher Sachs
Fletcher Sachs.
Fletcher Sachs
When will this thing go away?
这件事到底要什么时候才能结束
I served my time, my wife left me.
我服了刑 我的老婆也跑了
When I moved into a new apartment,
当我搬到新的公♥寓♥
Signs went up all over the neighborhood saying
所有的邻居都开始说
A registered sex offender had just moved in.
一个强♥奸♥犯刚刚搬进来了
I'm sorry to hear that, Mr. Sachs.
听到这些我很抱歉 Sachs先生
If you want to talk to me about Dina,
如果你想让我跟你说有关Dina的事情
you should call my attorney
我觉得你应该先问问我的律师
Y-you don't undetstand. I'm representing Dina
你 你可能不知道 我在代理Dina的案子
In her sister's adoption case.
关于她妹妹收留去处的案子
Well, then you should talk to my partner,
好吧 那你应该和我的合伙人谈谈
Not me. your partner.
而不是我 你的合伙人
Just--
这…
Wayne?
Wayne
Some lawyer's here to talk to you about Dina.
有个律师要和你谈谈关于Dina的事情
Could you just talk to him?
你能跟他谈谈吗
Yes?
什么事
Mr. Haller.
Haller先生
Yes.
是我
We met briefly at children's legal services.
我们之前在儿童法律服务部见过一面
I'm Dina's attorney.
我是Dina的律师
Oh, right.
噢 对
What do you want with Fletcher?
你想在Fletcher这儿知道点什么
You failed to disclose the fact
你拒绝透露
That your business partner was having a relationship
关于你的商业合伙人跟你所监护的未成年少女
With a minor under your care?
之间的关系
Look, Mr. Fallin,
听着 Fallin先生
I undetstand Dina's upset about this,
我知道Dina对这件事很伤心
But you don't know Dina. and maybe if you did,
但是你不了解Dina 如果你了解她
You'd undetstand where we're coming from
你就会明白我们是怎么过来的
And why we're prepared to forgive Fletcher.
还有为什么我们会原谅Fletcher
I spoke with Fletcher Sachs.
我和Fletcher Sachs谈过了
You got a habit of doing this.
你总是干这种事 对吗
That--that was diffetent with Fletcher.
Fletcher在我眼里是不一样的
We--we loved each other.
我们深爱彼此
You loved him so much, you turned him into the police.
你深爱着他 于是你把他送进了警♥察♥局
The Hallers turned him in, not me.
是Haller一家干的 我可没有
Why isn't there any record
为什么没有任何记录
Of either you or your sister
不论是你的 还是你妹妹的
Prior to 1998?
1998年之前的事情都没有
We, uh, we lived with my parents
我们 呃 我们当时和亲生父母住在一起
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表