剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
If she's a healthier girl
如果她是个健康一点的孩子
who has a heart already,
有一颗健康的心脏
It's not such a daunting task for an adoptive parent.
做她的养父就不是那么难以接受的考验了
You have no experience.
你没有经验
You can't just take her in
你不能就这么收养她
As a legal ruse to get around the system.
你不能规避这一系统里的法规
Why not?
为什么不行呢
Because it's not done, is why not.
因为不能凭你一时之勇 就解决所有的事情了
It flies in the face of all the rules
这违背了那些
We've set up out of fairness.
我们为了确保公平而建立起来的原则
Then it's fair to let her die?
那让她去死就公平了吗
Of course not.
当然不是
You think l'm suitable, Laurie.
你觉得我很合适 Laurie 对吗
I'm not gonna ask you to say it right now.
我不想让你现在就承认
I'm gonna walk back to legal service.
我仍将担当她的代理律师
I'm gonna let you think about it,
我让你自己好好想想
But I'm gonna do this.
但是我还是会收养她的
Absolutely not.
当然不可以
Come on, Alvin. I have seen some of the parents
别这样 Alvin 我已经见过那些
That come through here.
来到这儿的父母了
You have to ask yourself why you're doing this.
你得问问你自己 你为什么要这么做
Because someone has to.
因为总要有人来做
Yes, but why you?
是啊 但是为什么是你来做
Well, why not me?
好吧 为什么我不能来做
There's a reason you're a single man on probation
你为什么成为一个执行缓刑的单身男人
Who works 2 full-time jobs.
还有你为什么做两份全职工作
There's a reason you are like you are.
你变成这样这都是有原因的
Like I am?
变成这样
You don't strike me as someone
你不觉得你给人一种印象
Who knows how to be around other people full-time.
是那种不能长时间陪在她身旁的人吗
And how would you know?
你怎么知道
'cause I can't do it either.
因为我也不能
Well, I'm withdrawing myself
好吧 我不再做
As Lesley Walker's lawyer.
Lesley Walker的律师
She's gonna need you to represent her from now on.
她现在开始需要你来代表她出庭了
I...Uh, have a present for you.
我有个礼物要给你
What?
怎么了
You're blowing me off, aren't you?
你要和我分手了 是吗
No.
没有啊
You probably thought about it all night,
你很可能冥思苦想了一晚上
About how to break it to me,
关于怎么和我提出分手
And then when you woke up,
然后当你醒来的时候
You found you were so guilty
你发觉自己好内疚
That you went to the store,
于是你就去了商店
Like all the other rich people,
像其他的有钱人一样
And brought me a present
给我买♥♥了礼物
To make yourself feel better.
来让你自己感到好受些
Do you want it?
你想要吗
Well, hell, yes, l want it,
噢 当然了 我想要啊
But only if it makes you feel better.
不过只是为了让你感觉好受些
Yes, it does.
是啊 的确好多了
So, now's the time you say good-bye
所以 现在是时候跟我说拜拜了
And wish me well, right?
然后祝我好运 对吗
Well...
那个…
Lesley, I, uh...
Lesley 我 呃…
I want to be your foster parent.
我想当你的养父
You?
你吗
Yeah.
是的
No.
不行
Why not?
为什么不行
I have impure thoughts about you.
我对你动机不纯
I'm trying to be serious.
我是认真的
Tell me something.
那你告诉我
What about me makes you want to do this?
是什么让你想要这么做
Well, firstly, you need a heart.
好吧 首先 你需要心脏移植
That's not a good enough answer,
这个答案可不够好
'cause after I get one , you still got me.
因为我得到移植后 你还是要继续当我养父的
My parents, um...
我的父母 呃…
Yeah?
怎么了
My mom died when I was young,
我小的时候 我的妈妈去世了
And--and, uh, my...
而 而 我的…
My father sent me away, and, uh...
我的爸爸把我送走了 呃…
I--I'm-- I'm still angry,
我 我现在仍然生他的气
And I--I met you, and--and...
然后 我 我遇见了你…
And everyone's abandoned you,
每个人都不要你
And you're...
但是你…
You're, um...
你…
You're the strongest person I've ever met,
你是我见到过的 最坚强的人
And...I don't like the idea of you dying.
我不想让你死
Rebecca?
Rebecca
Yeah?
怎么了
I've got a problem. What is it?
我遇到了麻烦 什么事
That guy I've got working in my clinic
和我一起工作的那个人
Doing his community service...
也就是做社区法律援助来获得缓刑的那个…
Nicholas Fallin?
Nicholas Fallin
He wants to be considered
他想成为
As a potential foster parent
那个叫做Lesley Walker的小女孩的
For a young girl named Lesley Walker.
养父母的可能人选
She needs a heart.
她需要进行心脏移植
Oh, right, l remember.
噢 是的 我想起来了
Are you recommending him?
你这是在推荐他吗
I'm not the arbiter.
我不是裁决人
Well, what do you think of him?
好吧 那你觉得他怎么样
Well, I've only known him a couple of months.
嗯 我才认识他几个月
I don't particularly like him.
我不是很喜欢他
But... he impresses me.
但是…他给我的印象很深
Well, that doesn't speak to his
好吧 但这不意味着他可以成为
being a foster parent,Alvin.
一个合适的养父人选 Alvin
No. No, it doesn't. I just don't think it's fair for me
不 不是 我只是认为不应该
To make the decision.
由我来做决定
You're passing the buck.
那你是把责任推给我吗
Yeah.
是啊
Have him in my court in 2 hours.
让他两小时之内过来开庭
Thank you.
谢谢你
Hello?
你好啊
Why, Sarah. hey, come on in, come on in.
啊 Sarah 嘿 进来 进来
My appointment was canceled, so...
我之前的约会取消了 所以…
I'm a little early.
我早到了一些
Oh...
噢…
Oh, oh, sarah, this is my son Nick.
噢 Sarah 这是我的儿子Nick
This is, uh, my very good friend Sarah Smalley.
这是 呃 我最要好的朋友Sarah Smalley
Great to meet you.
很高兴见到你
I've heard so much about you.
我爸爸经常谈起你
Uh, I have a lot of work to do, so, um...
呃 我还有很多工作要做 所以 呃…
I'll just take it into the conference room.
我去会议室做…
Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你
Oh, yeah...
噢 是的…
Aren't the 3 of us
我们三个人不是
Supposed to have lunch together?
不是说好了要去吃饭的吗
Honey, I am so sorry.
亲爱的 我非常抱歉
I completely forgot.
我早把这件事忘在脑后了
You forgot?
你忘了
We were working on these contracts
我们在处理这些协议的问题
And it went right out of my head.
所以我完全忘了有这回事
I'm--I'm really sorry.
我 我真的很抱歉
You finally set up lunch
你好不容易说要安排一起吃顿饭
so I can meet your son
来让我见见你的儿子
And you forgot?
你就这么忘了
I told you-- I told you I'm not good at this.
我告诉过你…我不善于做这种事情
I mean, I tried, but ultimately,
我是说 我试着做了 不过最终
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表