剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
and you profit from fixing it.
事成之后 你从中获利
Do we have a deal or not?
我们成还是不成
Have we met?
我们见过吗
I'm Louisa Archer.
我是路易莎·阿彻
My grandmother Rose is a resident here.
我姥姥罗斯住在这里
Could you come back in, say, about half an hour?
你 怎么说呢 半小时后回来找我
I'm leaning toward the manual cranks, though.
我还是比较喜欢手动摇杆
Electrical units always break.
电气装置总是坏
So, of course, we spoke earlier today.
嗯 当然 我们今早谈过
That's right, and you told me that she fell out of her bed.
没错 你跟我说她掉下来床
That's what my staff reported.
那是我的员工报告的
She has bruises all over her neck and all over her arms,
她的脖子和胳膊上都是瘀伤
like she was pinned down or something,
看来像是有人按住了她
and she told me that she was attacked
她跟我说她被打了
because she wet her bed.
因为她尿湿了床
Ms. Archer, if--
阿彻小姐 如果
if I thought that any of my employees
我认为如果任何一个我的员工
was capable of such a thing,
做出这种事情
I would immediately suspend them
我会立刻禁止他们
and report the matter to the authorities.
并将问题上报当局
You should maybe come with me.
你应该跟我来
We keep the stroke victims
我们让中风患者
and the alzheimer' s patients
和老年痴呆症病人
down in this ward.
待在这间病房♥
Now, most of the time,
现在 绝大多数时间
They don't know what time it is or where they are.
他们不知道几点了或他们在哪里
Excuse me, Martha. How you doing, sweetheart?
打扰一下 玛莎 你好吗 亲爱的
Hey, Ruthie.
嘿 鲁西
Unfortunately, there's a high incidence of accidents,
不幸的是 这里经常发生事故
especially among the alzheimer's patients.
尤其是在老年痴呆症病人之间
The disease affects brain functions,
这种病影响大脑功能
so it's not uncommon for one of our residents to fall.
所以 病人摔倒不是什么怪事
No one on our staff
我们的工作人员
would intentionally harm a patient, Ms. Archer,
没有一个会故意伤害病人 阿彻小姐
I assure you.
我向你保证
Well, I appreciate that.
嗯 这样还好
I'm--I feel much better.
我 我觉得好多了
Thank you.
谢谢
When a loved one is in this position,
当自己爱着的人出现这种情况
we often feel guilty about it.
我们经常会感到愧疚
Sometimes we want to blame other people
有时我们就会把正常发生的事情
for what is really just happening naturally.
归咎于别人头上
Mr. Patten, please pick up line 1.
派顿先生 请接1线电♥话♥
Excuse me.
抱歉
Mr. Patten, please pick up line 1.
派顿先生 请接1线电♥话♥
Alice?
爱丽丝
Oh, are you here to play the piano?
噢 你是来这弹钢琴的吗
Alice, I'm Rose's granddaughter Lulu.
爱丽丝 我是罗斯的外甥女露露
Oh, how is she?
哦 她怎样了
Well, she broke her leg,
嗯 她摔坏了腿
but they're gonna bring her back here this afternoon.
但是他们今天下午会把她带回这里
Oh.
噢
Um, Alice,
呃 爱丽丝
I was wondering if I could talk to you about her.
我想我能否跟你谈谈她的事
She told me she was gonna slit my throat.
她对我说她要割开我的喉咙
Rose said that?
罗斯说的吗
She told me she's gonna do it
她说她会这么做的
in the middle of the night when I'm asleep.
趁我半夜睡着的时候下手
Oh, no, no, no.
噢 不不不
Oh, she can be nice.
哦 她可能是好人
But some days, she can be very abusive.
但是一段时间里 她可能会非常暴虐
She has alzheimer's, you know.
她有老年痴呆 你知道的
So does everybody else around here.
这里每个人都是啊
Alice, she said something to me about one of the orderlies
爱丽丝 她跟我说有个看护人
attacking her last night.
昨晚打了她
Did you see anything?
你看到什么了吗
The man that does nights,
那个上晚班的人
he just started here,
他刚刚来这儿工作
and he doesn't want to put her diaper on.
他不愿意给她换尿布
Rose peed the bed,
罗斯尿了床
started to call out, and no one came.
开始叫喊 没人来
So she got louder and louder,
所以她越吵吵越大声
and finally the man come in the room
最后那个人进来了
and told her to shut up.
叫她闭嘴
And Rose yelled back at him,
罗斯就冲他大喊大叫
and he grabbed her around the neck
他就抓着她的脖子
and picked her up and dropped her on the floor.
掐起她将她扔在地上
And you saw all of this?
这些你都看到了
Alice?
爱丽丝
Alice, did you know that man's name?
爱丽丝 你知道那个人叫什么吗
Did you say that he works here at night?
你是说他晚上值班吗
Yeah.
进来
Burton.
伯顿
Uh, thanks again for giving me the Wade Meyers account.
呃 再次谢谢你将韦德·迈耶斯的业务交给我
Well, you deserve it, Jake.
嗯 这是你应得的 杰克
He would've walked if you hadn't pulled off that deal.
如果你没有完成那个交易 他就不是我们的客户了
Well, thanks.
嗯 谢谢
Um, he--he just-- he came in,
呃 他 他刚刚来过
And, um...
然后...
What?
怎么
Wade Meyers. He wants me to take the lead
韦德·迈耶斯刚才 他想要我出面
in a hostile takeover with Vextus.
强硬收♥购♥维克塔斯公♥司♥
You tell him about your situation?
你告诉他你的情况了吗
No. uh...no.
没有 呃...没有
I'll call him right now.
我这就给他打电♥话♥
Well, I was hoping maybe, um,
嗯 我希望也许
I mean, I was hoping that you'll let me
我是说 我希望你让我
choose someone to cover the deal for me
找个人来替我完成交易
and let me work behind the scenes.
让我在幕后做这件事
Jake, we agreed with the S.E.C.
杰克 我们答应证券交易所
that you won't do any public securities work.
你不能参与任何有关公共证券交易的工作
Well, at least-- would you let me hand it off to someone?
嗯 至少 你能让我把这件事交给别人吗
I mean, I did hold on to him.
我是说 我的确抓住了他
I did keep him here.
我的确保住了他
Oh, Nathan, this is Jake Straka.
哦 南森 这位是杰克·斯特拉卡
Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Straka.
很荣幸见到你 斯特拉卡先生
Yes, I think the work you did in the state senate
是啊 我认为你在参议院里的工作
was terrific, really terrific,
是极好的 真是极好的
and I'm just really excited to be working with you.
我真的很高兴能跟你一起工作
Appreciate it.
感谢
Well, ok. Uh, thanks.
嗯 好吧 谢谢
So, Nathan,
那么 南森
have you considered Nick's proposition?
你考虑过尼克的提议了吗
I have.
我考虑了
And?
然后呢
Well...
嗯...
I'm the only person at risk here, Nicholas,
这里承担风险的只有我 尼古拉斯
myself and Mitchell.
我自己还有米歇尔
I understand that.
我明白
So, a few ground rules?
所以得有几个基本原则
If I see anything,
如果我看到
anything at all,
任何不妙的事情
or if I even suspect that there's been
甚至是我怀疑
some sort of slip or misunderstanding,
有什么闪失或者误解
you terminate your representation immediately.
你就要立刻停止你的代理业务
Meanwhile, I'll also be seeking
同时 我还会
a confidential advisory opinion
从议会道德委员会议
from the state ethics commission.
寻求机密意见
Of course.
当然
Ok?
这样行吧
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表