剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
I still can't get over you in a suit, Nick.
我还是不太习惯你穿西服的样子,Nick
You of all people.
尤其是你哟
I remember when we were little
我还记得我们小的时候
And you started to dress yourself.
你开始注意自己的形象
You always wore your shirt
你总是把衬衫
inside out and backwards.
里面朝外反穿着
Well, I guess that's better
好吧,我觉得这也比
than forgetting to wear my underwear.
忘了穿内衣裤强
I only did that when I came over to your house, Nick.
我只有去你家的时候才不♥穿♥哟,Nick
Why are you here, Rachel?
你怎么来了呢,Rachel
When my brother Charlie and I
当我和我的哥哥Charlie
started at my father's company
开始在我父亲的公♥司♥任职的时候
He placed us at the head of each division.
我们都是各自的部门主任
I know.
我知道
I started the semi-conductor division
我开始在半导体部门当主任
to deal with the automated shipping, tracking,
主管自动货运和开拓市场
and to help the company expand
帮助公♥司♥业务扩展到
to the southern states and the midwest.
南部和中西部各州
Charlie sold the same old line--
Charlie负责销♥售♥旧有的产品
paper and packaging.
纸和外包装
My father called me into his office last month
上个月我父亲把我叫到他的办公室
to tell me that he was gonna promote
告诉我他要将我哥哥
my brother over me.
晋升为我的上司
Well, he's just passed you over.
好吧,他只是把你忽略了
He said it made sense for me
他说我呆在家里
to stay at home and take care of my kids.
看孩子比较好
He didn't officially fire you?
他并没有正式解雇你
No.
没有
No, he just passed you over.
不,他就是忽略你了
He'll do the right thing by you.
他肯定是为了你好
Nick, I'm gonna take
Nick,我要……
Hello. Rachel!
你好啊,Rachel
What a nice surprise.
真是意外惊喜啊
Ohh. How are you, sweetie?
噢,你好吗,小甜心
I'm fine, Burton.
我很好,Burton
Gosh, you look-- What brings you over here?
天啊,你看起来……你怎么来了呢
Nothing, really. I just came over to say hello.
没啥事,真的,我就是来看看,问个好
Yeah?
是吗
Yeah. Well, great.
是吧,好的,不错
Well, listen, I hate to interrupt,
好吧,听着,我真不想打搅你们
But I do need Nicholas in a meeting.
但是我的确需要和Nicholas开个会
Of course.
当然
So, uh...
那么,呃……
Would you like to have lunch?
我们一起去吃午饭吧
Yeah.
好的
Ok.
好
It's good to see you. Good to see you, too.
见到你真开心,我也是
Take care. Mm. Bye.
保重,拜
Ok, bye-bye.
好的,拜拜
We don't have a meeting.
我们今天没有会议吧
No.
是啊
I just got a call from her dad.
我刚刚接到他父亲的电♥话♥
Yeah?
怎么
Rachel is mounting a proxy fight.
Rachel正在积极筹划代理权之争
Rachel?
Rachel吗
She wants to take over the company.
她想要接管公♥司♥
Nick, this is Summer and Lawrence Neal.
Ncik,这是Summer和Lawrence Neal
They've been waiting for you for over an hour.
他们都等你1个多小时了
Sorry.
不好意思
Lawrence's petition hearing's coming up this week.
Lawrence的上诉庭审这周就要进行了
You'll be representing him.
你将代表他出庭
Social services wants to put him
社会福利部想要把他送进
in a state home for disabled children.
一家州立残疾儿童福利院
Why don't you come with me, Lawrence?
我们到那儿说几句话吧,Lawrence
We'll be right back.
我们马上就回来
This won't be long.
不会很长时间的
Thanks.
多谢了
Why are you having a shelter hearing?
你为什么需要住处庭审
Your mother seems perfectly normal.
你妈妈看起来很正常啊
My mother's going to jail.
我妈就要进监狱了
What did she do?
她做了什么
You know how some men don't have a girlfriend?
你知道一些男人没有女朋友
They pay my mom to be theirs.
他们就付钱给我妈,让她当他们的女朋友
She's a prostitute.
她是妓♥女♥
She thinks it shouldn't even be a crime.
她觉得那不是犯罪
Well, it is.
不过那是的
I know that.
我知道
Where do you want to be placed, Lawrence?
你想被安置到哪里,Lawrence
l want to live with my stepfather.
我想和我的继父在一起
Ok.
好的
But there's this woman from the government--
不过政♥府♥来的一个女的
Her name is Laurie-- Mm-hmm.
她的名字叫Laurie,嗯哼
She wants to put me in a special needs home.
他想把我安排到特殊服务站
Do you know what that means?
你知道那是什么意思吗
Well, they're facilities with accommodations
好吧,他们那里有为坐轮椅儿童的
That services wheelchairs--
设施和食宿
Special needs means retards and psychos.
特殊服务意味着痴呆和精神病
All day it's gonna be, "a yam we tall did."
整天就是“啊,呀”这些傻子说的话
l got neurofibromatosis.
我得的是多发性神经纤维瘤
lt's a kind of tumor that grew too big
肿瘤长得太大
And hurt my spine.
压♥迫♥了我的脊柱
So I have to be in a wheelchair.
所以我不得不坐轮椅
But other than that, l'm totally normal.
不过除此之外,我是个正常人
Just a minute.
等我一下
Laurie. Ms. Solt.
Laurie,Solt太太
Yes, Mr. Fallin?
什么事,Fallin先生
Lawrence Neal. What's your recommendation?
Lawrence Neal,你的推荐意见是什么
The Riley center.
送进莱利中心
He wants to stay with his stepfather.
他想和他的继父在一起
His stepfather has a criminal record.
他的继父有犯罪记录
What did he do?
他犯了什么事
Assault and battery. Served 2 years.
暴♥力♥犯罪,服了两年刑
You don't even know him. He's a good father.
你根本就不了解他,他是个好父亲
Where was he last year when you were arrested for solicitation
去年你因为拉客被捕
And your son was left alone for 2 days?
而你撇下你的儿子两天,那会儿他在哪儿啊
He was working! And I would have been home
他在工作,我也应该在家里的
if I didn't--
如果我没有……
If you hadn't been out breaking the law.
如果你没在外面犯事的话
There's no way I'm gonna change
让我改变推进意见
This recommendation, Mr. Fallin.
没门儿,Fallin先生
The stepfather has been basically
那个所谓的继父这些年都在给
Pimping the mother for several years.
这位母亲拉皮条
And the house isn't equipped for a special needs kid.
而且他家没有照顾特殊儿童的设备
l didn't ask you to change your recommendation, Ms. Solt.
我没有求你改变推荐意见,Solt太太
l can't promise you anything, Lawrence.
我对你什么都承诺不了,Lawrence
But you'll look into it, right?
但是你会关注这件事的,对不
Yes, I'll look into it.
是的,我会关注的
Just come over to my house.
那就来我家看看吧
You'll see.
你就会明白的
lt's a lot better than what she says.
比她说的要好很多
Ok.
好的
We can't talk business.
我们不谈公事
What's good here?
那这儿有什么好的
You have to stop this thing
在事情还没有更加糟糕之前
Before it turns into a disaster.
你最好悬崖勒马
We're not talking business.
我们不谈公事
so, Nick,
那么,Nick
Are you happy working for your father?
你为你的父亲工作开心吗
Do you think he judges you differently
你觉得他看待你与公♥司♥里的其他人
than anyone else in the firm?
不一样吗
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表