剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
In a--in a moblie home mainly in state parks.
我们住在州立公园 在我们的房♥车里
We sold, um, postcards and, uh, T-shirts--
我们卖♥♥ 呃 明信片还有T恤衫
Crap like that.
总之就是这样的一些破烂东西
They didn't even, uh, put us in school.
他们甚至 呃 没有送我们上学念书
One day...
然后有一天…
Left us at a rest stop...
就把我们丢在了一个车站…
Never came back.
再也没有回来
I can't force the Hallers to adopt you,
我不能强迫Haller一家收留你
And I can't stop the state
我也不能阻止州政♥府♥
From terminating your parents' rights.
终止你们父母的权利
Ok, what do I do?
好吧 那我该怎么办
I could try and emancipate you.
我可以试着帮你解除束缚
How will that help me get my sister back?
那样可以帮我要回我的妹妹吗
You'll have to get a place to live,
你必须得找的地方住下
Find a job, prove that you don't
找一份工作 证明你可以
Rely on anyone else for support.
不依靠任何人生活下去
You do that, and it'll increase your chances
你这么做 然后我会尽可能让你
Of getting custody of your sister.
得到你妹妹的监护权
Just keep me with my sister
你要么让我和我的妹妹在一起
Or make the Hallers take me.
要么让Haller一家收留我
No jobs, no training schools.
没有什么工作 没有什么培训学校
Just get it done.
我就要你给我办好这件事
Did we get the children's contract?
我们得到这项儿童资助合同了吗
You know Larry Hickey?
你认识Larry Hickey吗
Runs legal aid over in homestead?
在自家运营法律救助的那个吗
He's retiring next month.
他下个月就要退休了
Wendell?
Wendell
So, the legal aid funds for indigent adults are--
所以 这一笔帮助贫困人群的法律援助资金…
You're giving the children's contract to that girl?
你把援助儿童的合同给了那个丫头
Oh, god.
噢 天啊
The county funding board still has the legal aid contract.
县募资委员会还是保留了这项法律援助合同
Just take it.
就接受这个合同吧
Then we'd be representing adults.
那样的话 我们就只能代理成年人的案子了
Well, you can still work with children's issues.
好吧 你仍然可以继续处理儿童事务
But we'd be representing adults.
但是本质上我们还是代理成年人的案子
Why don't you want the legal aid contract?
你为什么不想得到法律援助合同
Because I did that.
因为我曾经得到过
Years ago.
好几年前的事儿了
When I first got into this side of the business.
当我刚刚进入这个行业的时候
I had a case where I fought for months
我当时花了好几个月处理一个案子
For a couple to regain custody
帮助一对夫妇夺回他们
Of their 7-year-old daughter.
7岁女儿的抚养权
A week later, they found her dead in the attic.
但是一个星期后 他们发现他们的女儿在阁楼里自杀了
We've all had cases like that, Alvin.
我们都接手过这样的案子 Alvin
I represent kids.
我要代理的是孩子们的案子
Come on, Wendell.
你好好想想 Wendell
That--that girl has no idea
那个 那个丫头啥都不知道
What it's really like to do this kind of work.
应该如何做好这个工作
She just wants to put a happy face on it
她只是想把这个工作弄得冠冕堂皇
And figure out happy endings.
然后再导出一个皆大欢喜的结局
Well, believe me, it's not that simple.
好吧 相信我 这件事没有那么简单
You can't be reckless here.
你不能这么随随便便做决定
Well, you can always raise your funds privately
好吧 你还是可以自己筹集资金的
And compete for the work.
然后继续在这个领域里竞争
But the children's contract has been awarded
但是这项儿童法律援助资金合同已经给了
To Ms. Moore's group.
Moore女士的团队
May I have everyone's attention, please?
大家请注意
Excuse me? attention?
抱歉 大家注意听了
I have just learned that our county contract
我刚刚获悉 我们县里的资金合同
Has not been renewed.
没有得到续签
So, your paychecks...
所以 你们的工资支票…
If you deposit them,
如果你打算存工资
they will bounce.
支票会因为存款不足被退回
So...
所以…
Don't deposit them.
不要再存工资了
What happened?
发生什么事了
This doesn't affect your community service, Mr. Fallin.
这不会影响到你在法律服务部的工作 Fallin先生
That wasn't my concern.
那不是我所关心的事情
I lost the county contract
我没得到县里的资金合同
to another clinic.
让另一家机构得到了
Without it, I can't afford to keep this place open.
没了这个合同 我就不能养活这家服务部了
How much money do you need?
你需要多少钱
$300,000.
30万美元
Were you aware that Mr. Haller's business partner
你知道Haller先生的商业合伙人
Had a sexual relationship with Dina Jameson
和Dina Jameson有性关系
And was convicted of statutory rape?
而且被证明有强♥奸♥罪名吗
So? well, this clearly impacts
所以呢 好吧 这很明显影响了
The Hallers' choice to adopt one sister
Haller夫妇的选择
and not the other.
所以他们才只收养妹妹
It could.
这没什么不对啊
Well, it absolutely does once the court--
好吧 换作在法庭上 这样就绝对不对了
You're not gonna attempt to stop this adoption?
你不是打算要阻止这次收养行为吧
They were entrusted with a teenage girl
他们有责任照顾未成年少女
Who had a sexual relationship
在他们的监护下
With a 45-year-old man while in their care.
她却和一个45岁的男人发生了性关系
There's an 8-year-old girl who stands
可是那个8岁的女孩有可能
a chance of having a good home.
有机会拥有一个温馨的家
All at the cost of her sister.
即使要牺牲她的姐姐吗
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
If you're looking for a job...
如果你打算另找一份工作的话…
I'm not.
我没有这个打算
Well, if you are...
好吧 假如你想的话…
Amanda needs a legal assistant.
Amanda需要一个律师助手
Amanda... that redhead?
Amanda…那个红发女孩
Yeah. you should take it.
是的 你应该争取一下
We could train you to be a corporate paralegal.
我们可以将你培养成公♥司♥的专职律师助手
Well, think about it. All right.
好吧 你考虑一下 好的
The mission of children's legal services is simple.
儿童法律服务部的工作任务很简单
We provide quality legal representation
我们提供高质量的法律代理服务
For children who are abused,
为那些受到虐待
neglected, or otherwise at risk
受到忽视 或者处于危险之中的孩子
We hope to protect these kids
我们希望保护这些孩子
from future harm
防止他们将来受到伤害
Or from doing future harm to others
也为了防止他们将来不会给他人造成伤害
By finding them a safe and permanent home.
前提是我们要为他们找到一个安全稳定的家
Sounds like important work, Mr. Masterson.
听起来是个很重要的工作啊 Masterson先生
Well, we recently lost our county contract.
好吧 其实我们最近没能续签县里的资金合同
How much do you need?
你需要多少钱
Nearly $300,000.
将近30万美元
Thank you.
谢谢
Now, you might want to talk to Bernice Edelstein
现在 你也许想和Bernice Edelstein谈一谈
Over at the Monongahela fund.
关于莫农加希拉基金的问题
She's usually interested in guys like you.
她通常都对你这样的人感兴趣
She does the big annual bachelor auction.
她每年都会举办一次盛大的单身男士拍卖♥♥会
Maybe she can pencil you in to that.
也许她可以把你列入到拍卖♥♥行列
Bachelor auction?
单身男士拍卖♥♥会
You know, local celebrities,
你知道 当地的名流
Professional athletes.
专业的运动健将
Women bid on them
女人们对单身男士竞标
for dinner dates,
可以得到和男士共赴晚餐的机会
And the money goes to charity.
所得的金钱将交给慈善机构
Bernice, it's Jane.
Bernice 这位是Jane
I got a wonderful guy for you.
我给你物色到了一个好男人
Oh, me? no. no.
噢 我吗 不 不
He's ready to be auctioned.
他已经迫不及待要参加拍卖♥♥了
We have affidavits that say that Allegheny electric
我们拥有担♥保♥书 这充分说明阿勒格尼电力公♥司♥
Has been fudging claims
在胡说八道
And sending checks to fictitious addresses.
并将支票送到了子虚乌有的地方
Sorry.
对不起
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表