剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
Trying to find some information on a new drug.
试着查找一种新药的信息
Oh, here.
哦,我来吧
That's it.
就是它
That's it. That's it.
就是它,就是它
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Did Dr. Reed stop taking the Fluphenazine
Reed医生是因为抖动得厉害
Because of his tremor?
才停止服用氟非那嗪的吗
Yes.
是的
And you prescribed a non-approved drug in its place.
然后你就给他开了一种未经批准的药代替吗
I enrolled him in the clinical trial.
我给他登记过临床药物试验
Dr. Reed knew of the risks.
Reed医生知道可能存在危险
He was desperate to find the drug
他不顾一切想要找到一种药
that didn't have such an acute side effect.
找一种没有那么严重副作用的药
Well, when did the trial begin?
嗯,药物试验什么时候开始的
3 weeks ago.
3周前
And how long does it take the Fluphenazine
氟非那嗪在人体内需要多长时间
to clear the system?
才能排除
4 to 6 weeks.
4到6周时间
So it's possible the drugs may have counteracted each other.
就是说有可能药物之间已经相互冲突了
I know about the schizophrenia.
我知道精神分♥裂♥症的事情了
And the drug trials.
也知道药物试验的事情
I know about the malpractice suits
我还知道关于医疗过失赔偿的事情
And the side effects of the antipsychotic you were taking.
还有你正在服用的镇定药的副作用
Did it ever occur to you, Dr. Reed,
你有没有想到,Reed医生
That the fluphenazine And the new drug
氟非那嗪跟你的新药
May have counteracted one another...
可能会相互冲突
And caused you to attack your wife?
导致你袭击了你的妻子
If you don't talk to your attorney
如果你不跟律师
about your Psychiatric history,
说你的精神病史
You're gonna face a life sentence.
你可能会面临终生监禁的判决
Now, you can keep your mouth shut
你现在可以保持沉默
And you can lose everything,
你也可以失去一起
or, you can plea-bargain your way out of the murder charges
或者你还可以凭你精神失常免除谋杀指控
on a clear-cut insanity defense
然后接受变速交易
While concurrently filing a civil suit against the drug company
同时你可以向药物公♥司♥提起诉讼
That will benefit your son greatly.
这对你儿子有很大好处
How is he?
他现在怎样
The state wants to take him away from you
法♥院♥想要把他从你身边带走
for the rest of your life.
你这辈子也别想再见他
What should I do?
我该怎么做
Threaten to kill yourself, Dr. Reed.
威胁要自杀,Reed医生
That'll buy us some time.
这会为我们赢得时间
State law requires that a suicidal inmate
州法规定那些自杀倾向的犯人
be transferred to a psychiatric ward.
要转移到精神病房♥
Do that. Let's reveal your history
就这么做,提出你有精神病史
And your participation in the drug trials.
以及你参与了药物试验
Tell my son...
告诉我儿子
Tell Hunter I Love him very much.
告诉Hunter我非常爱他
Masterson's on...
Masterson在
Just a minute.
稍等
Alvin, Mr. Fallin's here to see you.
Alvin,Fallin先生来见你
I received a call from social services.
我接到社服部的电♥话♥
Said you went to the Reed house to snoop around.
说你到Reed家里去了
Yeah. I needed some more information
是的,我需要了解更多
about the events that took place...
事情发生时的信息
What information could you possibly need?
你还需要什么信息
This boy's father is gonna be criminally prosecuted
孩子的父亲会被判谋杀罪
For murder. His mother's dead.
他的妈妈已经被害了
The grandparents are perfectly suitable guardians.
他的姥姥、姥爷是最合适的监护人
I discovered some things
我发现了一些线索
That could change the outcome of...
可能会改变结果
I did not tell you to investigate a murder.
我没让你去调查谋杀案
I told you to advocate for a child.
我让你去为孩子辩护
Hang on a second.
等等
I thought that I was... Well, don't!
我觉得我,好了,别说了
Just follow my rules, ok?
你只要按照我的规矩办事就可以了,好吗
What if your rules are wrong?
如果你的规矩是错的呢
Look, I didn't ask for you.
听着,我不是在求你
I'm doing you a favor because I respect your father,
我这是在帮助你,因为我尊重你的父亲
A man who is clearly 10 times the lawyer you are.
他是比你强10倍的律师
Now, if you prefer to return to judge Stanton
现在,如果你愿意回到Stanton法官那里去
And explore your other option,
去找另外的选择
Which I understood to be jail time,
我相信一定是蹲监狱
Then you may.
那样你可以走
But know one thing.
但是要记住一点
As long as I act as your warden
只要我还是你的监督人
And you are serving your time in my facility,
只要你还在我手下工作
You will do things my way,
你就得按照我的方式干活
or I will send you back faster than it used to take you
否则我就会毫不犹豫地
to snort an 8-ball. Got it?
把你送回法官那里,明白吗
You ever think you hear something
你有没有觉得有时候听到什么东西
That you didn't really hear?
但实际上你并没有真的听到
Like a noise at night?
像是晚上的响动什么的
Like a noise or someone calling your name?
像是有噪音,或者有人在叫你名字
Yeah, I guess.
我想有吧
Some people have a sickness,
有的人会得一种病
A disease called schizophrenia,
叫做精神分♥裂♥的疾病
That can make them hear voices like that.
这种病就会让人听到那种声音
And the voices can make them very afraid of people.
那些声音会让病人对别人感到恐惧
So afraid, They do terrible things.
非常恐惧,以至于他们会做出非常糟糕的举动
Is that what's wrong with my dad?
我爸就是这样的吗
Yes.
是的
Well, if he was sick,
嗯,如果他病了
why didn't he see a doctor?
他为什么不去看病
He did, but the doctor gave him
他去看了,但是医生给了他
the wrong medication.
错误的药物
Is that why?
这就是原因吗
I think so.
我觉得是
Well, does he have the right medicine now?
嗯,那他现在服用正确的药吗
Yes.
是的
So he'll be better, and I can go back home?
那他会好起来,我也能回家了吗
It may not be that easy.
也许不会那么简单
If he can get better, I want to be with him.
如果他能好起来,我想跟他在一起
There's clearly a multi-million dollar verdict in this case.
很明显,这个案子涉及数百万的赔偿
And you're giving this to me?
你要把这块肥肉给我
No, no. We're sharing it.
不,不,我们分享
I can't handle the case right now.
现在我不能处理这个案子
I'm a witness. I'm representing a child
我是证人,我是那个孩子的律师
who may become an adverse party
如果调解不成的话
If reconciliation doesn't take place.
他可能会成为一个他方当事人
So you want me to bust my balls
所以你想让我来处理这个棘手的案子
While you get the lion's share of the money.
而你却坐收巨利
No, it's a conflict.
不,这很复杂
Dr. Reed is the beneficiary of his wife's estate,
Reed医生是他妻子的财产继承人
But he's being criminally prosecuted for her death.
但是却因为她的死被指控有谋杀罪
The wife's estate then switches to Hunter,
所以他妻子的财产就应该由Hunter继承
Who can't do anything of his own free will because he's a minor.
而Hunter是未成年人没有行为能力
So whoever is the guardian,
所以不管谁成为他的监护人
Either the father or the grandparents,
不管是他父亲还是他姥姥、姥爷
They will be responsible for filing the suit.
他们都将负责这个诉讼
So, the father sues the doctor for malpractice,
所以父亲起诉医生医疗不当
The pharmaceutical company for product liability,
起诉制药公♥司♥要求他们担负产品责任
And collects for the son's suffering
并利用其儿子遭受的痛苦博得同情
All because he killed his own wife?
而这都是因为他杀了自己的妻子
Exactly.
没错
Leave it to you to turn pro bono into profit.
你就将这个公益案件转成盈利案子
I just spoke to Swann.
我刚跟Swann通过话
If he doesn't see the completed paperwork
如果明天早晨他还没见到完备的文件
by tomorrow morning, He is pulling out.
他就要退出
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表