剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
It's back out on the street again.
那只小狗就已经被扔回大街了
We're not talking about a dog.
我们谈的可不是小狗
No. we're talking about human nature.
当然不是 我们谈的是人性
And what if I did go to the press?
那么如果我在报纸上登广♥告♥呢
You'd get thousands of responses from well-meaning people
你会收到来自全国的
From all over the country.
成百上千的好心人的来信
Isn't that the point?
那不就是我们想做到的吗
We don't have time for that.
我们没有时间那么做了
We need people from the city
我们只需要这座城市里的人
Who have been checked out,
那些已经被查证过的
Who meet the criteria.
符合标准的人
Pittsburgh Examiner.
Pittsburgh观察报
l want a quarter-page ad.
我想要登一个1/4版面的广♥告♥
It reads, "Allegheny county social services
内容是 Allegheny县社区服务部门
Needs immediate--"
急需…
Now in bold print-- "foster parents
这里用粗体表示…养父母
For 12-year-old girl with congenital heart disease."
来收养一位12岁患有先天性心脏病的女孩
Then double-space--
然后空两行…
"please contact Nick Fallin at Fallin and Associates,
写上 有意者请联♥系♥Fallin律师事务所的Nick Fallin
412..."
412…
He was pathetic.
他太可悲了
It doesn't count as a day of work,
那根本算不上是一天的工作
Walking into the office and collapsing.
走进办公室 然后晕倒
No, it doesn't.
是啊 不算
The contract is solid--
协议上说得清楚…
"permanently disabled."
永久性残疾
He hasn't worked in more than 3 months straight.
他已经连续3个月没上班了
He's dying of cancer, Stan.
他就要因为癌症死了 Stan
We're not being heartless.
我们并不是不讲情面
This is just business.
这只是做生意
Well, you think 200,000 is fair?
好吧 那你认为20万很合理吗
A deal's a deal.
交易就是交易
We've already made Harry a rich man.
我们已经让Harry很富有了
He helped make your rich, too, you know.
他也曾帮助你们发了财 你心里清楚
Whose side are you on, Burton?
你是那边儿的人啊 Burton
Oh, he's hired an attorney. He wants to fight.
噢 他雇了一个律师 他要抗争到底
Well, there's a provision for that, isn't there?
好吧 协议里有那一条 是吧
Oh, of course.
当然
In the event of a dispute,
如果发生争执
The prevailing party is entitled to recover
胜诉的一方有权
All costs and fees lncurred.
要回打官司所产生的一切费用
How much will it cost to defend this?
打这场官司要多少钱
The fees for both attorneys could run into...
要支付两个律师的费用的话…
6 figures.
得6位数吧
Easily.
简单算一笔账
Oh, tell him to take the money,
噢 告诉他拿钱走人吧
Instead of flushing what he has left down the crapper
不要等到官司结束后
In a dispute.
在来收拾残局
All right.
好吧
I'll tell him.
我会转告他的
Thank you very much.
谢谢
It was good to see you, and we'll, uh...
很高兴见到你们 我们 呃…
We'll be in touch.
我们保持联♥系♥
Good.
好
Nicholas.
Nicholas
Mr. Hopeson.
Hopeson先生
Nicholas.
Nicholas
I need you to take a case for me.
我需要你帮我处理一个案子
Which one?
哪个案子
The Hopesons.
Hopeson的案子
Harry Joseph's contract.
Harry Joseph协议的那个
Yeah. l'm too close to this one.
是啊 我和这个案子的关系太密切了
Harry's my friend.
Harry是我的老朋友了
Uh, I can't.
呃 我不行
Nicholas, l need your head in our business.
Nicholas 我需要你全身心投入到我们的工作中
This work you're doing outside the firm
你在我们事务所外所做的事情
is getting in the way of your obligations.
正在阻止你履行你的义务
I'm sorry. I just can't do it today.
对不起 我今天真的不行
And it's not appropriate for you to use our offices
还有 你不应该用我们的办公室
As a placement center for little girls.
作为小女孩的安置所
Can you measure medications?
你能测量药物剂量吗
Do you have a car?
你有车吗
Do you live near the hospital?
你住在医院附近吗
Do you have C.P.R. training?
你接受过心脏复苏术的训练吗
Yes. good.that's a start
是的 很好 这是个开始
Can you draw blood?
你会采血吗
Do you have any experience as caregivers?
你有过护理的经验吗
My wife knows C.P.R.
我爱人知道怎样做心脏复苏
Her father had heart problems,
她的父亲就有心脏病
And she took care of him for 3 years
她照顾他3年时间
Before he died.
直到他去世
What do we do next?
我们下一步做什么
Come down to social services.
到社会服务部
We'll verify your financial information,
我们将验证你们的经济状况
And you can fill out the forms.
然后你们要填一些表
Good.
太好了
Well, the offer is still 200,000?
好吧 他们的出价还是20万
They're screwing me.
他们这是在敲诈我
I couldn't do this to either one of them.
我对他们俩可绝对做不出这种事来
The contract can't be modified, Harry.
协议不能修改 Harry
It's the way you wanted it to be.
那是你的意愿
Burton, as a friend, tell me the truth.
Burton 作为一个朋友 你告诉我实话
What would you do?
你要是我 你会怎么做
I'd file a lawsuit tomorrow morning.
我明天早上就起诉他们
I have spent the last 21 years
过去的21年里
Being accountable to my children.
我都在试着对我的孩子们负责
When I got divorced, every date I had
我离婚后 每次我的约会
Had to be over by their curfew.
都要在他们回家前结束
What is it?
那是什么
My son.
我儿子的事情
I'd like to meet him.
我想见见他
No, we don't exactly share each other's personal lives.
不 我们都不怎么过问彼此的私事的
Why not?
为什么不呢
His mother.
他的妈妈
We were divorced when he was 10.
他10岁那年 我们离了婚
She got sick a few months after that,
那之后几个月 她就病倒了
And she died when he was 12 years old.
之后在他12岁那年 他妈妈就去世了
You think he blames you for that?
你觉得他因为这件事怪你吗
She would say to me-- during the divorce--
在离婚的那段时间里…
She would say to me,"you're killing me.
她对我说过 你会杀了我的
You're killing me."
你会杀了我的
in front of the boy.
就在他的面前说的
In front of Nick?
当着Nick的面吗
Yeah. "you're killing me."
是啊 你会杀了我的
She said that,
她就是这么说的
He heard that,
他听到了
Then she died.
然后她就去世了
But he's...older now.
不过 他…现在长大了
I mean, he must understand.
我是说 他肯定理解了
No. I don't think kids ever get over things like that.
不 我觉得那孩子永远也不会忘了的
Well, I'd like to meet him.
好吧 我想见见他
You should introduce us.
你应该介绍我们认识
I think it's time he knew about me, anyway, don't you?
你也觉得是时候让他认识我了 对吗
Yeah.
是啊
You ever think about having another child?
你想过再要个孩子吗
God, no!
天啊 没有了
I mean adopting.
我是说领养一个
I've thought about it.
我考虑过
A little girl like this
像这样的小女孩
Could use people like us.
就应该由像我们这样的人来收养
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表