剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
His stepdad, when he was a boy,
他的继父 在他还是孩子的时候
did some terrible things to him.
对他做过很可怕的事情
He's been strange ever since.
从那以后他就变得很奇怪
Ms. Popper, he hears voices.
Popper女士 他听见了召唤
I know.
我知道
Because of that,
就因为那样
I don't think he should be in a place
我才认为他不应该安置在
where that kind of behavior's allowed.
有行为准则的地方
Once he's in a mental home,
一旦他进了精神病院
he'll get used to acting like that.
他就会习惯性地表现成那样
At least on the outside, he knows it's not right.
至少在外面 他知道什么是不对的
What do you think they're gonna do
他们会带他去做精神检查
to him in a psych
会不把他当做正常人
They won't treat him like a normal person.
你怎么认为
That's the point.
这才说到点子上
Plus, they'll keep him as long as they want.
另外还有 只要他没有好一点
Until he's better.
他们会一直关着他
Well, that could mean forever.
那样就意味着永远关着
I have no further questions, your honor.
我没有问题了 法官大人
Your honor, I request for the second time
法官大人 在我们做出任何建议之前
that Mr. Popper be given a full psychiatric examination
我再次向您申请
before we make any recommendation.
给Popper先生进行完整的精神病检查
You have to consider the well-being
你也要为生活在收♥容♥所♥里的
of the other children in a group home.
其他孩子的幸福着想
So you want to hand it off to the delinquency system
所以你想要将此案推给犯罪系统
and they'll hand it off to corrections.
他们再将事情推给修正♥法♥
And at the end of the day, you'll take this kid,
到最后 你会带走这个孩子 判罚他
who we all know needs treatment, and punish him.
而我们都知道他需要治疗
Your honor, we have to make a choice
法官大人 我们必须在现有法律条款中
from the available lawful options.
做出选择
If Ted gets into a delinquency facility,
如果Ted进入拘留所
It will take weeks or months for him to get out.
要等几周或是几个月才能释放他
Then he'll have to go through a
之后 在他得到法律救助之前
whole other round of hearings
他还要进行
before he gets help.
另一轮的听证会
Your honor, we see hundreds of kids like this every year.
法官大人 我们每年都会见到许多这样的孩子
And what is our solution?
我们的解决办法是什么
Punishment? Definitely.
严惩 这是肯定的
Treatment? Only if it's convenient.
治疗 只有在方便的时候才是
We cannot commit Ted without a psychiatric record
我们不能在没有精神病记录和父母同意的情况下
or parental consent.
认定Ted有罪
And he's already been rejected
他已经被现有的
by the most restrictive shelter setting available.
大多数有监管的收♥容♥所♥拒绝了
I have no choice but to transfer him
我没有选择余地 只能将其
to a detention facility for juvenile offenders
作为少年犯移交拘留所
and make them aware of the suspicions
并特别为他们说明
that Mr. Popper suffers from a mental illness.
Popper先生有精神疾病
You want to surround a mentally ill kid
你想要让一个有精神病的孩子受到拘留
who's probably been abused
他可能会受到
with molesters and drug dealers?
变♥态♥和贩毒者的虐待
No more than I want to subject
我只能将这个有暴♥力♥倾向的孩子
children in an adolescent shelter
强制安排到
to the outbursts of a violence-prone child!
青少年拘留所
Laurie, wait.
Laurie 等等
Barry Cohen is the most stubborn,
Barry Cohen是整个系统中
wrong-headed attorney in the entire system.
最顽固 最一根筋的律师
It's not his fault. You saw it.
这不是他的错 你是知道的
No, it's a law. It's not the lawyers.
不 是法律 不是律师
Oh, please. No, it's the system, Laurie.
哦 求你了 不对 是系统 Laurie
A child doesn't come into court
孩子一般不会上法庭
unless he's committed a crime
除非认定他有罪
or if he's in need of shelter.
或者是他需要一个收♥容♥所♥
There is no place for a child with mental illness issues.
没有一个地方是收有精神疾病的孩子的
Do you want to do something about it?
你想为这件事做点什么吗
Me?
我吗
What time do you get off work?
你什么时候下班
6:00. I'll meet you at your office.
6点 我去你办公室找你
Tonight?
今晚
Do you have something more important to do?
你还有别的重要事情要做吗
All right. That's it.
好了 完成
This reminds me of when you were a baby.
这让我想起你小的时候
Well, the place looks different.
嗯 这地方看起来不同
Yes, we took down all the pictures, all the clippings.
是的 我们从不同角度拍下照片
We took all of Grace's old stuff
我们采集所有
from when she was a little girl
Grace小时候的旧物
and put it in the crawlspace.
放在一起
It looks good.
看起来不错
Thank you.
谢谢
I, um, I hope it works out
我 呃 我希望有结果
for both of you.
你们娘俩都是
I hope it works out.
我希望能有结果
Thank you, Mr. Fallin.
谢谢 Fallin先生
Good luck with the test.
祝检查顺利
Judge Stanton?
Stanton法官
Judge?
法官
Your dog's here. Bart.
你的狗狗在这儿 Bart
They, uh... they let me bring him up here to see you.
医生允许我带它进来见你
Hey, Bart.
嘿 Bart
Hey, boy. How are you?
嘿 孩子 你好吗
Mark, I know it's a little bit late
Mark 我知道有点晚了
and I apologize, but I'd really appreciate it
我很抱歉 但是如果你能帮我联♥系♥市长
if you'd call the mayor for us on this.
我会感激不尽的
And maybe tomorrow you call Daie in the D.A.'s office.
明天你给检察官Daie打电♥话♥
We spoke to him earlier. He was very receptive to the idea.
我们之前和他谈过了 他非常善于接受意见
Yeah, Daie has a cousin
是的 Daie有个
with Asperger's syndrome.
患自闭症的表哥
Hello?
喂
Right. Kids who have mental illness issues
是的 有精神问题的孩子
are twice as likely to have drug problems.
极有可能会染上毒瘾
We'll have briefing packets.
我们会做出简要数据
Hey, listen, I'm gonna fax you--
嘿 听着 我就要传真给你
Ok, Mark. Yeah.
好的 Mark 是的
Ah, thanks. And please come to the meeting on Thursday.
啊 谢谢 周四请来参加会议
Thanks.
谢谢
Ahh.
啊
Tim--
Tim
It's nearly 10:00, Laurie.
快10点了 Laurie
I don't think we should wake any more people up.
我觉得我们不应该再吵醒更多人
Did you hear councilwoman Hisserich?
你听说过女议员Hisserich吗
She'd already heard. Alvin, I think this issue is ripe.
她也听说这个案子 Alvin 我觉得时机成熟了
You've done this before, haven't you?
你以前处理过这样的案子 对吗
Yeah.
是啊
I phone banked for McGovern, Mondale,
我打电♥话♥到银行找McGovern Mondale
and Michael Dukakis.
还有Michael Dukakis
I chaired the Pittsburgh campaign for nuclear disarmament,
我领导了Pittsburgh废除核武器运动
and I worked for 2 years to raise funds
我花两年时间
to pass the Equal Rights Amendment.
为平等权利修正案筹集资金
We are 0 for 5.
我们是0比5
No, the E.R.A. passed in Pennsylvania.
不 修正案在宾夕法尼亚州通过了
That's right.
没错
Uh...
呃...
Want to grab a bite to eat?
要去吃点东西吗
I already ate.
我已经吃过了
Have a drink with you, though.
不过陪你喝点吧
I'll tell you what.
这样吧
You drink, I'll eat.
你喝 我吃
Ok.
好的
Code blue, room 734.
紧急呼救 734房♥
Get that dog out of here.
把狗撵出去
Charge the paddles, 200.
电掌充电 200V
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表