剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
sight on the governor's office,
成为州长
and, well, I was hoping I might take over his job.
而且我一直希望能接任他的职位
Why are you here?
你为什么来这儿
I've been working in state politics since '96.
自从96年我就一直在州政♥府♥工作
I need to make some money.
我需要赚些钱
And I need to make connections.
我需要人际关系
Now, Caldwell is great at a lot of things,
现在 卡德维尔在很多方面都不错
but being a lawyer is not one of them.
但是当律师他并不在行
When your father leaves, if he leaves,
当你父亲离开 如果他离开的话
the senator will be looking at 2 or 3 people
议员会找两三个人
to take full responsibility for this place.
负责管理这个地方
He's used to leaning on me.
他过去常常指望我
I'd like to know I can lean on you.
我希望我能指望你
What do you want?
你想要什么
I want to keep Van Gergen happy.
我想要范·葛根高兴
He's too valuable to lose.
他太有价值了 我们不能失去
Ok. How do you suggest doing that?
好吧 你打算怎么做
Angel's landing isn't all that toxic,
安吉尔地♥产♥并不是全部被污染
plus it's perfectly located.
那里地理位置很好
I know that.
我知道
For a governmental annex.
政♥府♥可以在那里建自己的房♥子
The state can't approve funds to purchase the land
议会等不到下个月选举不景气
until the vote goes down next month.
是不会同意拨款来买♥♥地♥产♥的
And you know how that vote's gonna turn out?
你知道选举的结果是怎样的了吗
I need someone to take over the Van Gergen deal.
我需要有人接管范·葛根的交易
Why?
为什么
Mitchell told me the state plans
马歇尔告诉我州政♥府♥计划
on building a governmental annex
在安吉尔地♥产♥上
on Angel's landing.
建设政♥府♥大楼
They broke the wall.
他们破坏了规矩
Now, if the state wants the property,
现在 如果州政♥府♥想要这块地
they will pay the appraised value of $20 million.
他们要支付估值2000万美元
Hmm.
嗯
So just--just cut me out of the deal
所以让我脱离这个交易
and let someone else run with it.
让别人去处理
No. We're done with this for now.
不 先不说这个
Sheila, yeah, let me have Nathan Caldwell, please.
希拉 是的 请让南森·卡德维尔接电♥话♥
Thank you.
谢谢
You wanted to see me?
你想要见我
You told Nick to take the railroad's offer.
你告诉尼克接受铁♥道♥部♥的报价
That's not true.
没有的事
How else would he know
那他是怎么知道
about the governmental annex and the upcoming vote?
政♥府♥要建房♥和即将到来的选举的
He is leaving you vulnerable, senator.
他正陷你于不利的境地 议员
We gave him a heads-up
我们给他警告
and he started to look in places he shouldn't.
他却开始做不该做的事情
Why would he lie?
他为什么要撒谎
Well, for one thing
好吧 首先
he's angry that you and I are here.
他气愤你和我在这里
Secondly, we both know why we're here,
其次 我们都知道我们为什么来这儿
and I'm sure Nick, if he put his mind to it--
我相信尼克也知道 如果他琢磨一下的话
Mr. Lichtman...
莱切曼先生...
You're addressing the wrong person.
你指错人了
I'm the one who's letting you go.
我才是那个让你离开的人
You're allowing this?
你同意他们这么干了
You committed a felony, Mitchell.
你犯下重罪了 马歇尔
I can't let that slide.
我不能让这件事变得更糟
I didn't.
我没有
You know, we're not gonna report this.
你知道 我们不会上报此事
There is nothing to report.
也没有什么可上报的
I'm sorry, Mitchell.
对不起 马歇尔
Jake.
杰克
Hey, Nick.
嘿 尼克
Mitchell's off the Meyers deal.
马歇尔脱离迈耶斯的交易了
He is?
他脱离了吗
Yeah, so I'll be stepping back in.
是的 所以我会回来接管
Oh. Ok, great.
哦 好的 很好
Yeah, um, I'm not gonna need your backup.
是的 呃 我不需要你的支持
Oh.
哦
No hard feelings.
你没有不高兴吧
Alice, can you tell me what you saw
爱丽丝 能告诉我你看到了什么吗
the night Rose Valent was injured?
罗斯威林特受伤的那个晚上
Mm-hmm.
嗯哼
You have to answer with a yes or a no.
你只需要回答有或没有
No.
没有
Are you answering my question?
你在回答我的问题吗
No.
没有
Alice, uh...
爱丽丝 呃...
Can you tell me what you saw
你能告诉我你看到了什么
the night Rose Valent was injured?
罗斯·威林特受伤的那个晚上
My daughter owns
我女儿
a large parcel of land
有一大♥片♥土地
on the coast of British Columbia,
在英属哥伦比亚海岸
a very large parcel.
非常大的一片
Can you answer my original question, Alice?
你能回答我先时候的问题吗 爱丽丝
She and her friends thought
她和她的朋友觉得
that they would be able to sell it off
他们会将它卖♥♥掉换钱
to make money, so I gave her my money.
所以我把我的钱给了她
Oh, this was long time ago.
噢 那是很久以前的事情了
Alice, about the other night,
爱丽丝 前两天夜里
When you saw--
当你看到
I hear the woods are beautiful.
我听说那里森林很美
You can see the whales.
你能看见鲸鱼
We should go there sometime together.
我们应该找时间一起去那里
We're done here.
到此为止吧
I'm gonna have to leave. I'm sorry.
我得走了 对不起
Are you leaving so soon?
你这么快就走了
I'm sorry. I have to leave, yeah.
抱歉 我得走了 嗯
Well, have a nice boat ride.
好吧 祝你航行愉快
I will.
会的
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Nana?
姥姥
Hi.
嗨
Hi, Rose.
嗨 罗斯
I told him.
我跟他说了
I told him, and you know what he said?
我跟他说了 你知道他说什么吗
No.
不知道
He said he knew.
他说他知道
He'd known for the longest time.
他很久以前就知道了
He wasn't angry.
他没有生气
He just said he didn't care anymore,
他说他不再关心了
and he didn't want to be made a fool of.
他不想再受到欺骗
Well, I'm glad you told him.
嗯 我很高兴你跟他说了
You'll never tell your wife, will you, Darren?
你绝不会告诉你妻子 是吗 达伦
You'll never tell. You love her still.
你绝不会告诉她 你仍然爱着她
Not like me and William.
不像我和威廉姆
You still love her.
你仍然爱着她
Nana.
姥姥
I left it in the upstairs closet
我把它放在楼上的壁橱里了
with the toilet paper and the toothpaste.
跟手纸和牙膏在一起
Just look in there. Just look.
你去看看吧 看看
You're the love of my life.
你是我生命里的最爱
You happier here?
你在这高兴吗
My grandmother was in love with another man.
我姥姥爱着另外的男人
So it seems.
看来是的
I just--
我
always thought she was in love with my grandfather.
一直以为他爱的是我姥爷
It's so funny.
真可笑
Is it?
是吗
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表