剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
May I help you?
你有什么事吗
Uh...yeah.
哦...是的
Ma'am, I'm Jake Straka.
你好 我是Jake Straka
I'm an attorney for Allegheny game toy.
我是Allegheny游戏玩具公♥司♥的律师
We got your letter
我们已经收到你们
asking us to paint it over.
要求我们用颜料把墙涂掉的信了
Good. Because my client is pretty fanatical
很好 因为我的委托人对"兔子老兄"
About Bunny-Buddy.
相当的狂热
Forget about it.
拉倒吧
Excuse me?
你说什么
No. We're not gonna do it.
没什么 我们不会这么做的
This is a letter of demand. If you ignore it,
这是一封要求信函 如果你们不这么做的话
We're gonna have to take you to court.
我们只有法庭上见了
It's a nice mural.
墙画不错啊
Excuse me.
借过
Alvin, there's a family in my office.
Alvin 我的办公室里有一家人
They were removed from their apartment this morning.
他们今早从家里被赶了出来
You're representing them in an eviction hearing.
你现在代表他们出席一个驱逐听证会
What are these? 5 new tenant cases.
这些是什么 5个新接到的被驱逐的案子
We're drowning in them.
我们遇到很多这样的案子
Erik Nilsson.
Erik Nilsson
Yes.
我在这儿
Are you my lawyer?
你是我的律师吗
Nick Fallin. Why are you being evicted?
我是Nick Fallin 你们为什么被驱逐
The landlord claims l'm running a business out of the apartment.
房♥东声称我正用那所公♥寓♥做生意
Are you? No.
你做了吗 没有
It's a hobby-- a photocopied newsletter.
就是个爱好而已 一种影印时事通讯
You want to know the real reason l'm being evicted?
你想知道我被驱逐的真正原因吗
Sure.
当然
Herschel Matlin thinks he can get
Herschel Matlin认为他可以从我这里
An extra 50 a month on my unit.
每月得到额外的50美元
You know how those people are.
你知道这些人是怎样的
Those people?
那些人
Landlords.
就是房♥东
Morning.
早上好
Barbara, what's the matter?
Barbara 你怎么了
My son Russell was arrested last night.
我儿子Russell昨天晚上被捕了
What happened?
发生什么事了
He was out with a friend, driving my car.
他和他的一个朋友 开着我的车出去
They were pulled over.
他们被拦住停在路边接受检查
His friend ran away from the cops,
他的朋友看到警♥察♥就逃掉了
And they searched his car, and they found drugs.
警♥察♥搜查了汽车 发现了毒品
Ok, listen to me, Barbara.
好吧 听我说 Barbara
You get yourself the best lawyer you can afford
找你能负担得起的最好的律师
And do everything he says.
然后按照律师说的去做
I can't afford a lawyer, Nick.
我付不起律师费 Nick
What you do now is gonna make a huge difference
你现在做的事情 会对你儿子今后的一生
For the rest of your son's life.
产生重大影响
Don't you think I know that?
你以为我不知道吗
Nick.
Nick
No. I've never done a drug case.
不行 我从来也没接过毒品案子
But you've been there. I've been there.
但是你经历过这种事 我是经历过
Yes, I've been there.
是的 我经历过
I've been there as a defendant.
我经历过这种事 作为一个被告人
So what, Nick? Because you're not
那又怎么样 Nick 就因为你不是
The top expert in the western world,
西方世界的顶级专家
You're just gonna blow me off?
你就将我拒之门外吗
I'm not--I didn't say that, Barbara.
我没有...我没那么说 Barbara
So help me, then.
那你就帮我
The best thing I can do
我能做到的最有用的事
is to give you a list of names of the top drug lawyers.
就是给你一份顶尖毒品律师的名单
Nick, I'm not rich, and the only connection l have is you.
Nick 我没有钱 我唯一的关系就是你了
Ok. I'll do what I can,
好吧 我尽力而为
But the next 30 hours for me are brutal.
但是接下来的30个小时 对我来说就是折磨
I am in the middle of a huge closing at my father's firm,
我正在处理我父亲的事务所里的大交易
And on top of that, you just gave me
这些暂且不提 你刚刚又给了我
5 of these eviction cases.
5个房♥客被驱逐的案子
Give 'em to me.
这些交给我来办
I'll credit the hours toward your community service.
我就当是为你做义工了
At least you can help the public defender.
至少你可以帮一下公设辩护人了
I'll do what I can.
我尽力而为吧
James, how's your day look?
James 你今天忙吗
I've got 8 tenants scheduled for eviction hearings in one day.
我今天一天就有8个房♥客被驱逐的案子要进行听证
That's got to be some kind of record.
这肯定是破纪录了
Fallin's tied up.
Fallin脱不开身
That left me with 5 more tenant cases to assign.
所以留给我另外5个房♥客被驱逐的案子
Don't look at me that way.
别那样看着我
13. Come on.
13个 好吗
Now,that's a record.
现在 这才是破纪录了
Well, yeah.
嗯 好的
Mr. Pierce, we didn't expect to see you today.
Pierce先生 没想到今天能见到你
I want to know why this closing's been delayed again.
我想知道公♥司♥关闭的事怎么又拖延了
Oh, that's a pretty complicated deal.
噢 这是个很复杂的交易
Yeah? What's so complicated? We're talking toys here?
是吗 有这么复杂吗 我们现在谈论的玩具
It's a $2 billion corporation,
这是个价值20亿美元的公♥司♥
and they're Japanese.
而且是日本人的公♥司♥
What are they buying, really? Trademarks.
我们真正买♥♥的是什么 商标
$700 million worth of trademarks.
商标就值7亿美元
You knew that going in.
可你知道交易已经开始了
Mr. Pierce, no disrespect,
Pierce先生 恕我直言
But your company's record-keeping stinks.
但是你的公♥司♥声誉正在走下坡路
Every single trademark has been an ordeal.
每一个单独的商标都在经历着考验
What's that mean?
什么意思
Well, Freak-pile and Pink pony canyon
"怪物堆"和"粉红小马峡谷"
Never got their trademark in Europe.
从没有在欧洲获得一席之地
Chess-kers, bug-eatin' maniac, and son-of-a-bug
"棋王" "食虫狂人" 还有"小虫的儿子"
Have no clear chain-of-title. Then there's dart-head.
也没有版权受让链条 还有"飞镖头"
Wait, wait. Forget about dart-head.
等等 别管什么"飞镖头"了
All the Japanese care about is Bunny-Buddy.
日本人所关心的就是"兔子老兄"
Bunny-Buddy has the biggest problems of all.
"兔子老兄"的问题最大
What kind of problems?
什么问题
Your company bought
你的公♥司♥
Bunny-Buddy from a local toymaker
在1971年从本地的一个玩具制♥造♥商者那里
back in 1971 .
买♥♥下了"兔子老兄"
Fulton Trout. We paid 40,000 a year,
Fulton Trout 我们每年都为此支付4万美元
Which then was a heck of a lot of money for a toy,
在当时对于一个玩具来说 已经是天价了
And it was the best money we ever spent.
而且这也是我们花得最值的一笔钱
Mr. Trout's contract gives him approval
Trout先生和你们的合同 使他有权
Over subsequent third-party sales.
将其转让给第三方销♥售♥
He's withholding his approval.
他正在使用他的这项权利
This one guy has the power to spike
他一个人就可以搞垮
The whole multimillion-dollar merger.
整个上亿美元的合同交易
The Japanese say if we don't
日本人说如果我们不在48小时之内
close within 48 hours, they're gonna walk.
关闭公♥司♥ 他们就撤出交易了
We have that covered.
我们考虑过这个问题
We have a meeting scheduled with Trout this afternoon at 2:00.
我们今天下午2点会和Trout开个会
Our school has spent
我们学校花了
The better part of 2 months painting that mural,
差不多2个月时间来画那个墙画
And then these lawyers hand us a letter
然后这些律师交给我一封信函
Demanding that we paint it over.
要求我们用颜料把画涂掉
Did you try asking for permission?
你试过要求许可了吗
I had my kids write to the creator.
我让孩子们给创作者写信
No. Not the creator.
不 我不是说造物主
Fulton Trout, the guy
我是说Fulton Trout
who invented Bunny-Buddy.
发明了"兔子老兄"的人
He said he can't help us.
他说他帮不了我们
Do we really have to paint it over?
我们难道真的要把它涂掉吗
These corporations have unlimited resources.
这些公♥司♥有的是手段
Alvin, this isn't like you.
Alvin 这可不像你
I've seen you go to the mat in children's court.
我见过你在儿童法庭上据理力争
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表