剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
that baby would be dead.
那孩子可能已经死了
Miss Archer, you made your case,
Archer女士 你办你的案子
I've made my decision.
我已经做出决定了
That's great.
好极了
Lulu. Lulu.
Lulu Lulu
I know what you're thinking.
我知道你在想什么
No, you don't.
不 你不知道
You're thinking that child should never be returned to that girl.
你在想那个孩子永远不应该还给那个女孩
I don't disagree with the judge's ruling.
我不同意法官的裁决
So you don't always disagree with second chances,
所以你并不总是给人第二次机会
even when the baby was clearly abandoned and left to die?
甚至是孩子明确被抛弃 任由其死的时候
You couldn't disprove that woman's story.
你不能证明那个女人的话是假的
and you couldn't have disproved
那你也证明不了啊
What Ella Kurtz said all those years ago, either.
Ella Kurtz多年前说的所有话 也一样
It was your job to make sure
去证实它是你的事
She was treated fairly by the courts.
法庭对她很公正
I didn't have a good feeling about her, Laurie.
我对她没有一点儿好感 Laurie
You were just part of the system, Alvin.
你只是体系中一部分 Alvin
You're not the judge.
你不是法官
You don't make the rules.
你不能制定法律
Hell, you could have stayed in private practice.
见鬼 你本可以自己开业的
You'd have been a millionaire by now.
到现在你肯定已经是个百万富翁了
Think that would have made you happy?
这样想你会开心点吗
Probably.
或许吧
That was a disaster.
真是个巨大灾难
Henry Sloan is a very big client.
Henry Sloan是个非常大的客户
The partners are upset. Why, we hired you
合伙人都很不高兴 为啥 因为我们雇佣了你
Because you're a hell of a lawyer,
因为你是一个很好的律师
Because we thought you could keep clients for us.
因为我们认为你能为我们留住客户
I am a hell of a lawyer.
我是个没有的律师
Well, you've gotta work on your personality.
好吧 你应该好好改改你的个性
Ok.
好吧
Mr. Mcgee, uh, Bill,
Mcgee先生 呃 Bill
This is my personality.
这就是我的个性
Well, then, you've got to change it.
是吧 那么 那你就改改吧
You ok?
你还好吧
No. She lied.
不好 她说谎了
You challenged her every step of the way.
你挑战她的每一步
lf she wants to take advantage of that, that's her problem.
如果她想要利用这些 那就是她的问题
Well, I didn't do it right. I could have won.
好吧 我错了 我本来能胜诉的
Won? There is no winning.
胜诉 这件事没有赢家
You did your job, believe me.
你已经做了你该做的 相信我
Just move on to the next case.
就接着做下一个案子吧
Move on and don't look back.
继续加油 别往回看
But what's gonna happen to the little girl, James?
可是那个小女孩会怎么样 James
What the hell's gonna happen to her?
她到底会怎么样
Miss Kurtz...
Kurtz女士...
Why don't we go in my office?
到我办公室吧
Hilary, I...
Hilary 我...
As your lawyer, I should tell you, I, uh...
作为你的律师 我应该告诉你 我 呃...
I don't think the court's gonna grant you custody.
我不认为法庭会把监护权判给你
My mama is gonna get my baby?
我妈妈会得到我的孩子吗
or he could go into foster care.
或者他会去寄养家庭
I lived in foster care, and I lived with my mama.
我就是在寄养家庭里长大的 我也跟我妈住在一起
Both were bad. I don't want my baby in either.
两种方式都很糟糕 我不想我的孩子去那里
I want my baby with me.
我想让孩子跟着我
Sheila, hey, lt's--it's Nick.
Sheila 嘿 我是...Nick
Is--is my dad there?
我...我爸爸在吗
No, you--you tell him it's urgent.
不 你...你告诉他事情很紧急
It's urgent. I know that client that he's with.
很紧急 我知道他正在处理的那个客户
It's not that important.
并不是那么重要
Ok, ok, no. Forget it. Forget it.
好 好的 不用 算了 算了
Miss Solt, has social services
Solt女士 社会福利部
changed their previous recommendation?
有没有改变先前的建议
No, your honor. We still feel
没有 法官大人 我们仍然觉得
Gregory Kurtz should be placed
Gregory Kurtz应该跟
with his grandmother Ella Kurtz.
他的外婆Ella Kurtz在一起
Mr. Masterson?
Masterson先生
My client wants to retain custody of her son.
我的当事人要求保留对她儿子的监护权
But nothing's changed?
但是没有什么改变吗
Uh, no, your honor.
呃 没有 法官大人
Then why did you ask for the continuance, Mr. Masterson?
那你为什么要求延期诉讼 Masterson先生
I wanted to make Ella Kurtz's history
我想把Ella Kurtz的历史
known to the court and to social services.
告诉给法庭和社会福利部
Your honor, Ms. Kurtz has no criminal record.
法官大人 Kurtz女士没有犯罪记录
What Mr. Masterson wants you to know, Your honor,
Masterson先生想让你知道的是 法官大人
ls that Hilary's sister, my firstborn...
是Hilary的姐姐 我的第一个孩子...
She died under my care.
在我的看护下死了
He's had this on his conscience for 20 years, and so have I.
他的良心被这件事折磨了20年 我也一样
He wants you to know that he thinks
他想让你知道 他认为
that I'm an unfit mother because I was an alcoholic who...
我是个不称职的妈妈 因为我是个酒鬼...
put her drinkin' ahead of her own daughter's safety.
为了喝酒置自己女儿的生命于不顾
Mr. Masterson, this is
Masterson先生 这就是你
the reason for the continuance?
要求延期的原因吗
20 years ago, she sat on the witness stand and lied
20年前 她站在证人席上说了谎
about how she could take care of her children.
说她如何可以照顾好她的孩子
I was in an abusive relationship,
我在虐待的关系中长大
and I was trying desperately to make things better.
我极其努力想要改变的更好一些
She hid her drinking problem.
她隐瞒了她酗酒的问题
Am I the first person ever to have done that?
我是第一个这样干的人吗
She failed the very children
她发誓要保护的那挂孩子
She vowed to protect, Your honor.
死在了她的手上 法官大人
I failed everyone, Mr. Masterson.
我让所有人失望了 Masterson先生
I wanted to die for so long.
长久以来 我一直想以死赎罪
You think there isn't one day
你知道吗 没有一天
that I don't relive and...
我不去想那件事 而且...
regret what happened?
忏悔我所做的一切
But god kept me.
但是上帝让我活着
god found me and god saw me through.
上帝发现了我 帮我度过难关
I managed to stop drinkin'.
我成功地戒掉了酗酒
I started working for the church,
我开始在教会工作
and eventually, over time, things got a lot better.
然后最终 随着时间流逝 事情慢慢好了起来
I know--I know I did a terrible thing...
我知道 我做下了无法挽回的错事
and if it's too late for my daughter,
如果补偿我的女儿太晚了
Maybe it isn't for my grandson.
那我也许可以补偿给我的外孙
I'll grant temporary custody to Ella Kurtz.
我宣布暂时将监护权交给Ella Kurtz
Now, if Hilary takes parenting classes
现在 如果Hilary接受父母教育课程
and consistently makes her supervised visits with the child,
而且经常在有人监督的情况下去看望她的孩子
then I'll reconsider her status in 3 months' time.
那么3个月后 我将重新考虑她的情况
I'm sorry.
对不起
Mr. Masterson.
Masterson先生
I know you don't want to talk to me.
我知道你不想和我说话
I know you think I'm a horrible person,
我知道你认为我是个很差劲的人
But you have to trust me.
但是你一定要相信我
I will take good care of him.
我会好好照顾他的
You said that before.
以前你也是这么说的
We don't get too many chances in this life. I know that.
这辈子我们不会有太多机会的 我知道这些
You'll see, though.
但是你会看到的
I won't let you down.
我不会再让你失望了
You put your faith in god.
你信仰上帝
I guess I'm gonna have to put my faith in you.
我觉得我不得不信任你了
Can I get a tequila.
给我一杯龙舌兰
I'll take another.
再给我倒一杯
Hey, you're gonna have a good time.
嘿 你会玩得愉快的
You're gonna have a good time.
你会过得很愉快的
Look at all the gifts you have.
看看你得到的所有礼物
I have a big box of cash for you here, too.
我还有一大箱子现金要送给你呢
Nick, thanks for coming.
Nick 谢谢你能来
Yeah.
不客气
Uh, yeah. Nick wouldn't miss
啊 是啊 Nick不会忘记
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表