剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
Alvin Masterson, the president
儿童法律服务部的主席
Of children's legal services,
Alvin Masterson
Has the case now.
现在接管了这个案子
You came all this way to tell me that?
你大老远来这里,就是要告诉我这个
Hunter's grandparents have agreed to allow my firm
Hunter的外祖父母已经同意我们事务所
To represent your son's and your wife's estate
代表你的儿子以及你妻子的名义
In a civil suit against Bendaprine pharmaceuticals.
对班德普制药公♥司♥提起民事诉讼
What's a civil suit?
什么是民事诉讼
It's when a private party sues another party for money.
就是一个私人主体为了获得赔偿而提起的诉讼
This will in no way prevent you
这不会妨碍你
From pursuing your own suit against Bendaprine.
也对Bendaprine制药公♥司♥提起诉讼
Why are we suing somebody?
我们为什么要起诉人家
We think that company hurt your family,
我们认为那家公♥司♥毁了你们的家庭
And we think that they should pay for it.
我们认为他们应该为此作出赔偿
So my son and my wife's estate,
所以只代表我的儿子和妻子的名义
But not me.
但不包括我
You don't want to represent me.
你不想也代表我来起诉吗
No jury would find in your favor, Dr. Reed.
没有陪审团会判你胜诉的,Reed医生
I have a case.
因为我有案在身
If we name you in the civil suit,
如果我们把你的名字也加进民事诉讼
It will only hurt Hunter's chances for receiving damages.
那只会降低Hunter得到赔偿的几率
Their lawyers will destroy you, Dr. Reed.
对方律师会完全驳倒你的诉求,Reed医生
They will destroy the entire case. believe me...
他们还会驳倒整个案子的诉求,相信我……
It's better this way.
这样做更好一些
Judging from his past and his affiliations,
根据他的过去以及他交往的人来看
We feel it's only appropriate
我们觉得最合适的方式
To place Andre into a locked
就是将Andre安置在封闭式的
group home in a est an extension
教♥养♥院♥里
Mr. Mooney, what are your client's wishes?
Mooney先生,你的当事人的希望是什么
I'd like to request an extension
我想要求宽限几日
So I could further explore the possibilities--
这样我可以找到更多的选择
I want to stay with my brother.
我想和我的哥哥在一起
Where is he?
他在哪里
He's in jail.
他在监狱里
You understand that we're not
你要明白我们不是在
Interested in punishing you,
研究怎样惩罚你
We just want to find you a place to live.
我们只是想要给你找一个住的地方
I want to live with my brother.
我想要和我哥住在一起
You honor, may I approach?
法官大人,我可以上前吗
Yes.
好的
Uh, the reason that we're here
呃,我们来到这里是因为
Is that my client's brother was arrested yesterday
我的当事人的哥哥昨天因为
For selling crack cocaine.
倒卖♥♥可♥卡♥因♥被捕了
He's the only guardian my client has ever known,
他是我的当事人所认识的唯一的监护人
And I'd like an extra few days
我希望法庭在宽限几日
To find out more about extended family
让我找找他的亲戚
Before we make any decision.
然后我们在做决定
I'll give you 72 hours.
我给你72小时时间
Next case.
下个案子
Nendurathol allows seriously ill people
耐地松会使严重的精神病患者
To lead normal lives.
恢复正常生活
Is that before or after they stab their loved ones
那是在他们拿菜刀捅死自己的妻子
With kitchen knives?
之前还是之后
Mr. Fallin, even if Dr. Thomas Reed
Fallin先生,即使Reed医生
murdered his wife,
杀了自己的妻子
It would be considered a criminal act.
这也将被视为是一起刑事犯罪行为
Now, that eliminates--
现在,这就排除了……
A criminal act requires intent.
刑事犯罪需要有主观动机
Your drug caused Dr. Reed
你们的药物使Reed医生
to become psychotic.
变成了一个精神不正常的人
And by definition, his psychosis
而且很显然,他的精神错乱
made him mentally unable to form intent.
使得他并没有主观杀人动机
What are you, a defense lawyer now?
你现在是什么,辩护律师吗
Just letting you know.
只是想让你知道这些
If anyone was negligent,
如果真要说有人疏忽了的话
It was Dr. Reed's psychiatrist
那也是Reed医生的精神病大夫
For mis-prescribing the drug.
因为他开错了药
So you are saying the drug was responsible.
你这是在承认你们的药应该为此事负责吗
No. we are saying that the psychiatrist should be liable.
不是,我们是说那个精神病大夫应该负责
We've already named him in our suit.
我们在诉讼中已经将他列为被告了
You can count to 10 and watch him
你可以数到10,你就会看到他
Turn against your company to save his ass.
为求自保,翻脸对付你们的
Sue Dr. Reed, Mr. Fallin,
去起诉Reed医生,Fallin先生
Or sue his psychiatrist.
或者起诉他的精神病医生
Either way, you won't see a penny from us.
不管怎样,你们都不会在我们这里见到一分钱
The FDA is going to have a hard time approving your drug
我们一旦提起诉讼,你就会发现食品及药物管理局
Once we file the complaint.
将很难批准你们的新药的
Think about that before you decide to take your gloves off.
请你们认真考虑后在做决定
Good morning, gentlemen.
早安了,各位
Oh, Nicholas.
噢,Nicholas
Just got a call
我刚接到我的一个
from a friend of mine at the DA's office.
地区检察官办公室的朋友打来的电♥话♥
Dr. Reed's attorney filed a motion
Reed医生的律师已经提出一项动议
To have the confession thrown out.
想要推♥翻♥之前的供词
The hearing's in 20 minutes.
听证会20分钟后开始
He wasn't given his Miranda rights.
他没有被宣读“米兰达权利”
He was not in custody,
他并没有被拘禁
So reading him his Miranda rights was not required.
所以不需要对他宣读“米兰达权利”
The police found Dr. Reed on the street,
警♥察♥在街上发现了Reed医生
Where he volunteered that he killed his wife.
在那里他自己承认杀害了自己的妻子
Your honor, he was in handcuffs when he confessed.
法官大人,他认罪的时候,被带着了手铐
Only because the police found him agitated
这是因为警♥察♥发现他当时非常激动
And covered in blood.
而且浑身是血
They didn't know whether he was a
警♥察♥不知道他会不会对自己
danger to himself or to others
或者是别人造成威胁
That's not custody?
那不算是拘禁吗
Your honor, for all the police knew, he just cut himself.
法官大人,所有警♥察♥都知道,他拿刀割自己
It was a safety precaution,
那只是一种安全防范措施
Not a custodial interrogation.
而不是拘禁审讯
He was in handcuffs?
他当时是带着手铐吗
Yes.
是的
That sounds custodial to me.
我觉得那就是被拘禁了
Confession is suppressed.
供词是在被胁迫的情况下说出来的
The only thing keeping Reed behind bars
唯一能让Reed呆在监狱的东西
Is his son's testimony.
就是他儿子的证言了
Meaning?
什么意思
Well, if Murray drops that insanity defense
好吧,如果Murray放弃做精神不正常的辩护
And gets a dismissal without prejudice,
那这件案子就会被无偏见驳回
There's no murder charge.
这样一来谋杀指控就不成立了
No murder charge, no civii suit.
没有了谋杀指控,也就没有我们的民事诉讼了
Well, you better hope that boy testifies.
好吧,你最好希望他的儿子能够作证
Come on. the greatest invention of all time.
听我说,史上最伟大的发明是什么
I don't know.
我不知道
The wheel.
是轮子吗
Oh, that's-- that's a good one.
噢,那个……那是个很好的发明
That's--that's nice.
那……那个很不错
What do you think it is?
那你认为是什么
Me? pharmaceuticals.
我吗,我认为是药
Better living through chemistry.
通过化学知识,我们过上了更好的生活
Murray likes to use his viagra alone.
Murry只喜欢用伟哥
You know I'm representing Dr. Reed's son
你知道我在这场起诉班德普制药公♥司♥的诉讼中
In the lawsuit against Bendaprine.
代表了Reed医生的儿子
The body's not even cold, Nick.
还没过河你就拆桥呢,Nick
I want to settle before the conviction.
我想要在他被定罪之前解决这个民事诉讼
Conviction? there's not even gonna be a trial.
定罪,连审讯都不会再有了,哪来的定罪
When Hunter testifies that he
如果Hunter作证他看见
saw his father killed his mother
他的父亲杀害了他的妈妈
You're gonna go straight back to the insanity defense.
你就得继续主张精神不正常的辩护了
You mean if he testifies.
你是说“如果”他作证的话
Your boss at children' s legal services
你在儿童法律服务部的老板
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表