剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
It's always about a gut reaction,
总是有一种职业敏感
because most of the time when people are missing,
因为大多数情况人们失踪了
They're back in a day or two,
一两天后就会回来的
but the minute that lady walked in,
可是当那位女士走进来的时候
I knew that kid was gone.
我就知道孩子回不来了
Any investigation?
有调查过吗
Well, it's still open, technically.
从技术上来讲 仍要调查
We chased down hundreds of leads.
我们追查过上百条线索
The FBI is working with us,
FBI也和我们一同调查
but we're not gonna find her.
可是我们没能找到她
This is the nightmare.
真是噩梦啊
Missing little girl on her way home from school.
放学回家的小姑娘神秘失踪
Suspects? Everyone.
有嫌疑犯吗 每个人都有可能
Including Ms. McGregor?
也包括McGregor女士
No one just drops off the face of the earth.
没有人会无缘无故地就消失了
You did investigate her?
你确实调查过她吗
Yeah. Responsible,
是的 很负责地调查过
No incidents in the past,
没有案底
no problems with drugs.
也没有毒品问题
At one point, between us and the feds,
有一阵子 我们和联邦探员之中
We had 6 full-time guys on this.
有6个人专门调查此事
We searched all of Western Pennsyivania.
我们调查整个西宾夕法尼亚州
We asked all the hard questions,
我们扛住了所有的负面舆♥论♥
But...nothing.
但是...一筹莫展
Not a moment of hope in this one.
这个案子一丝希望也没有
She wants to put this behind her?
她希望将这个贴在原处
Yeah.
是的
Ok. I'll put out one last notice...
好吧 这是最后一次贴启事了...
worldwide... and close it.
全世界范围的...然后就结案
Ok.
好的
Tell Janine--you tell her she's in my prayers.
告诉Janine我天天为她女儿祈祷
Why isn't he at SouthWestern Psych?
为什么他不去西南精神病院
I don't think he's ever been examined.
我觉得他没有接受过检查
And this is a delinquency hearing?
这是青少年犯罪听证会
They're throwing the book at him.
法官会严厉惩罚他
Assault, battery,
袭击 殴打
and interfering with a police action.
妨碍警♥察♥公务
They probably looked in his file,
他们恐怕已经看过他的案卷
saw all that petty crime,
抛开所有的轻微罪行
And decided "repeat offender."
最后判他是个"惯犯"
Ok.
好吧
Ok, I'll represent him .
好吧 我会代理他的
Good.
很好
I'm not a person who likes
我不是一个喜欢
to face my problems head on.
迎头面对自己问题的人
I never have been.
我从来没那样做过
You know?
你知道吗?
So, uh, about me sponsoring you, I--
关于我自发做你的推荐人 我
I don't want you to hesitate.
我不想让你有什么顾虑
Call day or night or drop by.
白天或晚上给我打电♥话♥,来我家坐坐
You got all my numbers, right?
你有我电♥话♥ 对吧?
Yeah.
是的
I, uh, I had some slips when I started out.
我一开始就有许多疏漏
A lot of slips.
许多的疏漏
Alvin, we got drunk together about 3 months ago.
Alvin 我们3个月前一起喝醉过
Yeah, well...
是的 嗯...
Yeah. Uh, all I'm saying is
是的 呃 我只是想说
you can tell me anything.
你随时都可以给我打电♥话♥
Thanks. You know,
谢谢
I'm gonna have to skip lunch.
我不去吃午餐了
I got a lot of--
我还有许多事
Wait, I got you something.
等等 我有东西给你
Here. Uh, a book.
给 呃 是一本书
Oh.
噢
Sane and sober.
理智与清醒
Well, thanks, thanks.
嗯 谢谢 谢谢
Hey, it's a good book.
嘿 那是本好书
Now, you understand that there is a statute
现在 你知道有一条法规
that allows a judge to declare a person dead
如果一个人失踪超过7年
if that person has been missing
那么法官可以宣布
for more than 7 years.
此人死亡
Now, in order for you to get the money,
现在 为了让你拿到基金
the corpus of the trust must become part of Grace's estate,
信托基金必须变成Grace的遗产
and then it will pass
那样才能根据
under the rules of intestacy to you.
无遗嘱死亡的规定将钱给你
It's in here.
这是文件
We never even had a funeral.
我们还没有举♥行♥葬礼
So I'll see you tomorrow morning
所以我明天早上见你
at the courthouse outside courtroom 201 ,
在201号♥法庭外
9:00.
9点
Young Mr. Fallin.
Fallin先生
Don't think I've just been walking my dog all day.
别以为我一整天都在遛狗
No, I'm sure you haven't .
嗯 我知道你没有
My new hours are better.
我现在过得好多了
So I see.
我看到了
Hey, how are things at legal services?
嘿 你在法律服务部过得怎么样
You know, I worked for legal aid.
你知道 我在法律援助工作过
I mean, it was the best 3 years
我是说 那是我工作生涯中
of my working life.
最美好的3年
I mean, I've been all over the system.
我在所有部门工作过
Private practice, not-for-profit,
私人事务所 非盈利的机构
State judge, and now federal judge.
州法♥院♥还有现在的联邦法♥院♥
And the best part of the work?
这项工作却是最好的
It's not about making the decisions.
无关乎做出判决
It's about the people I've met along the way,
而是关乎我遇到了各种人
the things they've shown me about this life.
他们向我展现他们的生活
He likes you.
它喜欢你
Yeah, a little too much.
是啊 就是有点太过喜欢了
Yeah, well, Nicholas,
是啊 Nicholas
your father is one of the best lawyers I've known,
你父亲是我所认识的最棒的律师之一
and when he talks to me about you,
当他跟我谈起你的时候
he tells me that you're 10 times the lawyer
他告诉我说
he'll ever be.
当律师你比他强10倍
He does?
他这么说的吗
So what do you think, Nick?
你怎么认为 Nick
Do you think you're gonna be that good?
你认为你能达到那种高度吗
Ms. McGregor, this is Nicholas Fallin.
McGregor女士 我是Nicholas Fallin
I understand that you may have second thoughts about this,
我理解你可能临时改主意了
but I can't wait here any longer.
但是我不能再等你了
As soon as you get this message, call me back.
你接到我的留言后 给我回话
Your hearing's canceled.
你的听证会被取消了
Why?
为什么
The police called Janine McGregor.
警♥察♥告知Janine McGregor
Her daughter Grace was found alive in Holland.
她女儿Grace在荷兰找到了
The dutch government put her on a flight back home
荷兰政♥府♥送她上了回国班机
early this morning.
就在今天清晨
Oh, Mr. Fallin, what brings you over?
哦 Fallin先生 你怎么来了
Well, I have some paperwork of yours to return.
嗯 我这有些材料还给你
Oh, yes, well, please come in, please.
哦 是吧 请进
I want you to meet Grace.
我想让你见见Grace
I was just making some tea. Would you like some?
我正在煮茶 你要喝吗
No, thank you.
不 谢谢
Soda?
苏打怎样
Sure, please.
当然 请倒一杯
Here you go.
给你
Thank you.
谢谢
No, I'm fine, thank you.
不 我就站着吧 谢谢
She's been sleeping.
她一直在睡觉
She's so exhausted.
她太累了
I'm sure.
我理解
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表