剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
Or because you're afraid
或者因为你害怕
that Wendy would tell me first.
温蒂会先告诉我
Your father has worked for me for 20 years.
你父亲为我工作了20年
We're like family.
我们就像家人一样
It's important to get things out in the open.
所以把事情公开来讲是很重要的
Yeah,and now it's covered by privilege.
是啊 现在你说的话就有保密特权了
Oh,well,I hadn't thought of that.
哦 好吧 我没想过那些
I just thought if,uh...
我只是想 如果 呃...
We were gonna work together,
我们要共同进退了
it was important that you be prepared
你要做好一切准备
to,uh,protect me in case things got bad.
一旦出事 你要保护我
There's abuse going on at the Newberg household.
在纽伯格家里有虐待事件
What--what kind of abuse?
什么……什么样的虐待
Sexual.
性方面的
He molested Susan when she was a girl,
当苏珊还是个小女孩的时候 他就强♥奸♥了她
and I think it may be occurring with Wendy as well.
我觉得现在温蒂正遭受同样的事情
Well,how--how do you know about this?
噢 你是怎么知道的
I saw pictures of Susan.
我看到了苏珊的照片
Pictures?
照片
Yeah,and then Frank Newberg told me.
是的 然后弗兰克告诉了我
He told me.
他跟我说了
You were on the clock?
你们是在上班的时间吗
Yes.
是的
Did he tell you he'd do it again?
他对你说他会再次这样做了吗
No,just the opposite.
不 正好相反
That son of a bitch.
那个狗♥娘♥养♥的
I had drinks with him a couple of nights ago,
几天前的晚上我和他一块喝酒来着
and he was jokin' around and talkin' about women.
他开始开玩笑着说起女人的事情
At one point,he says,"Now you can't tell my wife this.
那时候 他说道 你不能告诉我的老婆
this is privilege,right?"
这是保密特权 对吧
Now I thought he was jokin'...
我当时以为他在说笑……
and then he started asking questions about privilege--
接着他开始问有关特权的问题……
What was privileged,
什么是保密的
what wasn't privileged...
什么不是保密的……
As if out of a,
就好像
you know,normal curiousity.
只是单纯的好奇
Well--
那么……
Well,everything he told you is privileged
好吧 他跟你说的一切都是保密的
unless he told you he'd do it again.
除非他亲口说他会再犯
She's living with a man
她正和一个有强♥奸♥自己女儿历史的男人
who has a history--
生活在一起……
Nicholas.
尼古拉斯
We can't do a damn thing here.
我们无能为力
You leak this and they find out about it,
你泄露出去 他们就会发现
you could be disbarred.
你可能会被取消律师资格的
In March of 1998,
1998年三月
you began to suffer from extreme back pain.
你开始经受相当严重的背痛折磨
Oh,it was terrible.
噢 真的很糟糕
I bent down to get the Kugel out of the bottom oven--
我弯腰想要从烤炉中取出面食……
I have 2 ovens,you know--and
我有2个烤炉 你知道 接着
I couldn't stand back up.
我就直不起腰来了
I laid on the kitchen floor--
我躺在厨房♥地板上……
Mrs.Stern,you just have to answer the question
斯特恩夫人 你只要回答问题就可以了
like we talked about.
就像我教你的那样
In March of 1998,you began suffering from back pain?
1998年三月 你开始经受背痛
Yes.
是的
And you sought treatment from Dr.Ettinger?
然后你开始寻求艾廷格医生的治疗
Treatment is what he calls it.
治疗那是他那么说的
And what was his diagnosis?
那么他的诊断是什么
He said the pain was in my head.
他说疼痛来自我的头
Did he recommend a course of treatment?
他推荐你做某种治疗了吗
Yes,talk therapy
是的 谈话疗法
Talk therapy,for back pain?
谈话治疗 治疗背痛吗
Yes.
是的
How often did you go?
你多久去一次
Oh,sometimes every day.
噢 有时候每天都去
How much did this cost?
这些治疗花了多少钱
You have it there.
在你那里
Please read it.
请读一下
$34,516.74.
$34516.74
Did the pain...
疼痛有没有……
go away?
去除
No.
没有
No further questions,your honor.
没有问题了 法官大人
Mrs.Stern,
斯特恩夫人
did Dr.Ettinger perform any tests?
艾廷格医生有没有做过一些检查
Yes.
有
An M.R.I. and 4 separate motion examinations?
一次磁共振还有4次单独的运动检查 是吗
Yes.
是的
But you rejected his recommendation
但是你拒绝了他推荐的
of anti-inflammatory drugs?
抗炎症药物
Well,the pills made me all rumbly
好吧 那药片吃了难受
He recommended surgery as well.
他还推荐做外科手术
Surgery,I can't do that.
手术 我不能做手术
You rejected his advice,
你决绝了他的建议
and yet you kept coming to see him?
可是你仍然去他那里
Well,Dr.Ettinger was always very welcoming to me.
噢 艾廷格医生总是非常欢迎我去
Your honor,I would like to enter into the record
法官大人 我想要把这些作为证据
the 9 separate letters
9封禁止令
requesting Mrs.Stern to leave Dr.Ettinger alone.
要求斯特恩夫人不要纠缠艾廷格医生
Did your client charge Mrs.Stern for these visits?
你的当事人对斯特恩夫人的到访有没有收钱
Only when she took up appointments
只有预约的时候 才收她钱
that legitimate patients needed.
可是她常常没有预约就去
And how many times was this?
那她多少次是没有预约就去了
From,uh,August of 1999 to September 2001,
从1999年八月到2001年九月
Mrs.Stern came to
斯特恩夫人总共到
Dr.Ettinger's office on 203 occasions.
艾廷格的诊所203回
Your honor.Your honor...
法官大人 法官大人……
Dr.Ettinger is willing to waive these bills.
艾廷格医生愿意放弃这些医疗费用
In return,he simply wants a promise from Mre.Stern
但是他只是希望斯特恩夫人做出承诺
that she will leave him alone.
不再继续骚扰他
Your honor.
法官大人
I'd like a moment to confer with my client.
我要求和我的当事人协商一下
I didn't think you were the type
我以为你不是那种
to hang around children's playgrounds,Mr.Fallin.
来学校操场玩儿的人 法林先生
I know the truth about your sister.
我知道你姐姐的事情了
Your father told me what happened.
你♥爸♥爸告诉我发生的事情了
Is it happening to you?
那种事发生在你身上过吗
It's not.
没有
Wendy,I wanna help you.
温蒂 我想要帮助你
Do you think I want them to tear the roof off my life
你觉得我会毁掉我的人生
and make me tell every bad thing that ever happened
对一帮自称要帮助我的陌生人
to a bunch of strangers who wanna cure me?
说出我的那些悲惨遭遇吗
Wendy,I--my sister went
温蒂 我的姐姐
to expensive psychiatrists and clinics.
去看非常昂贵的精神专家和诊所治病
She had every kind of treatment,
她接受各种各样的治疗
and look how she wound up.
结果呢 看看她的下场
Is that the truth?
那是真的吗
You were just lonely?
你只是寂寞
I had pain,but nobody would listen to me.
我很痛苦 但是没人愿意听我说
Some of the women in my building play cards together.
我的公♥寓♥里一些女人一起打牌
Some of them have children and grandchildren...
还有一些女人在她们的钱包里
Pictures in their wallets.
有她们子孙的照片
I don't have those things.
我什么都没有
I lived my life for my husband,and then he died...
我本来还有老伴儿 可是他也走了...
and I was left with no one...
就剩下我孤零零的一个人……
and the pain.
还有伤痛
Some days,I can hardly get out of bed.
一些日子里 我几乎不能从床上坐起来
Will you promise to leave that doctor alone?
你能承诺不再烦那个医生了吗
Come on.Let's go tell the court.
来吧 我们去告诉法庭
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表