剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
We have to stop this.
我们必须停止
Yeah. I know.
是的 我知道
No. I mean it. we--we have to stop doing this.
不 我是说 我们...我们必须停止
Yeah. absolutely.
是啊 没错
I mean. I'm married.
我是说 我结婚了
You're gonna be a partner at my firm.
你将成我的公♥司♥的合伙人
You never found any studies
你从来没有过任何材料
Or other documentation that confirmed what you heard?
或者文件来证明你听到的一切
No. but I'm no engineer.
没有 但是我不是工程师
I may have seen it and not known what it was.
我或许看到过 但是不知道那是什么
Listen to me.
听我说
This is all gonna come down to your credibility.
这一切会降低你的可信度
Which you doubt.
这是你的猜测
I have reason.
我有理由
You and I were both to blame. Alvin.
你和我就是天生冤家 Alvin
I never lied to you. Meryl.
我从没有对你说过谎 Meryl
When we moved from Lewisburg.
当我们从Lewisburg搬出来的时候
You promised we would live differently.
你保证我们的生活会有所改善
And we did.
我们确实改善了
Yeah. until you threw it all away for social work.
是啊 在你为了社会工作抛弃一切之前
I never said I was going to be rich!
我从来没有说过我们会变得富裕
You never said we would be poor. either!
你同样没说过我们会变得贫穷啊
It was always about money. wasn't it?
总是钱的破事儿 对吧
Oh. god. I hate it when you oversimplify things like that.
噢 天啊 我恨你这样把事情简单化
No. Eric had money--
不 Eric有钱...
Eric had time for me.
Eric有时间陪陪我
Eric didn't spend 80 hours a week
Eric不会每星期工作80个小时
Trying to save strangers.
来救助陌生人
I fell in love with you.
我爱上你
It had nothing to do with anything else.
跟其他没有任何的关系
I just think. along the way.
我就是想 慢慢地
You fell in love with your work.
你爱上你的事业了
$6 million.
6百万
Hunter's mom was in the prime of life.
Hunter的妈妈正年富力强
Healthy...
身体健康...
President of the PTA.
是家长教师协会的主席
8.
8百万
7.
7百万
That's as far as we go.
这就是极限了
I'll recommend it.
我会提及的
$7 million.
7百万美金
Your father got us $7 million.
你♥爸♥爸拿了我们7百万
Toughest negotiator in the business.
商业领域里最难弄的谈判家
Did you accept?
你接受了吗
Of course.
当然
Hunter's share is almost 5.
Hunter大概能得到5百万
That money will placed into a trust account for Hunter.
这笔钱会存进Hunter的信托账户
Now whoever has custody will most probably be--
现在 谁获得抚养权谁就很可能...
What do you mean. whoever has custody?
你什么意思 谁获得抚养权
Well. there's still a chance that Hunter's father--
好吧 Hunter的父亲仍有有机会...
No. no.
不 不
The court hearing will determine that.
法庭的听证会会决定这件事的
My grandson will stay with me.
我的外孙会和我在一起的
Well. I'm sure social services agrees with you.
好吧 我确定社会福利部门会支持你的
But Hunter wants to go with his father.
不过Hunter希望跟他爸爸在一起
Hunter is 12 years old. Mr. Fallin.
Hunter才12岁 Fallin先生
He doesn't know what he wants.
他不知道他想要什么
He's a child who plays video games
他还是个孩子 想玩电子游戏
And collects baseball cards.
喜欢收集棒球游戏牌
He has the right to have his wishes
但是他同样有权利
Communicated to the court.
向法庭说出自己的意愿
And you're going to tell the court to place my grandson
那你是要让法庭把我的外孙
With the man who killed his own mother?
交给那个杀害了他母亲的家伙吗
They're gonna ask you
他们会问你
A lot of questions about your father.
关于你♥爸♥爸的很多问题
What he's like to live with.
他想和谁在一起生活
Whether he has a hard time controlling his temper...
抑制自己的情绪是不是很辛苦...
If he's around enough.
他是否可以应付
What was your dad like?
你♥爸♥爸是什么样的人
Um...
呃...
I--I. you know.
我...我 你知道
I didn't really live with my father
在我母亲去世后
After my mom died.
我没有真正和我爸爸住在一起
Where'd you live?
那你住在哪里
Boarding schools. mostly.
住宿学校里 几乎都是
Boarding schools.
寄宿学校
Oh.
噢
What is it?
怎么了
Well. I know what people think about what happened.
好吧 我知道人们会怎么看待发生的事情
But my dad every day when I came home from school.
但是我的爸爸 每天 当我放学回家的时候
He'd always be there.
他总会在家里等我
And he always used to walk me to school every day.
而且他每天都陪我走着去上学
Till I told him to stop when I was in the fourth grade.
直到我4年级的时候跟他说不要这样了
And then he would just walk behind me
那之后他就只是跟在我的后面
And pretend he was going somewhere else.
还假装他是要去别的地方
We laughed all the time.
我们总是开心的大笑
Told really bad jokes.
讲一些超级冷的笑话
and some nights when I couldn't get to sleep
有时候我晚上睡不着觉
Or he just felt like it.
或者他只是觉察到了
We'd go driving.
我们就会去兜风
And get an ice cream.
然后吃一根儿雪糕
Or we'd just sit there and listen to the radio
或者我们就坐在那儿 听广播
And sing.
还有唱歌♥
I don't do any of that with my grandparents.
跟我的外祖父母 我却没有做过这些
Right.
好吧
If you had a dad like my dad.
如果你有一个像我爸爸一样的爸爸
You would get it.
你就会明白了
You really would.
我是说真的
About 3 weeks before I was fired.
我被解雇的大约前3周
I overheard Mr.Harnik tell our CEO
我无意间听到Harnik先生告诉我们的CEO
Mr. Whittenburg
Whittenburg先生
That he thought our brakes were responsible
他认为我们的刹车系统
For 10 fatalities.
对10起事故负有责任
He said that there was some kind
他还说刹车系统存在
of design defect in the brakes
某种设计缺陷
And he wanted them to be recalled immediately.
而且他希望立即召这些回刹车系统
And how did Mr. Whittenburg respond?
那么Whittenburg先生怎么回答的
Objection. your honor.that's hearsay.
反对 法官大人 这是听闻证据
Goes to state of mind. your honor.
大人明鉴
Fabrications of an indignant former employee.
这是一个原雇员愤愤不平的捏造的证据
Objection.
反对
Sit down. Mr. Fallin.
坐下 Fallin先生
You'll have your turn.
一会儿会轮到你的
Answer the question.
回答问题
Um. Mr. Whittenburg said that in this economy
呃 Whittenburg先生说在这样的经济状况下
That the company couldn't afford to recall the brakes.
公♥司♥负担不起召回刹车器的代价
And he said he would look into it personally
然后他说他会暗中深入调查此事
And decide what to do.
到时候再决定怎么办
And what did you do after that?
这之后你做了什么
I went into Mr. Harnik's office
我到Harnik先生的办公室去了
And asked him what was going on.
问他是怎么回事
And he told me to mind my own business.
他让我不要多管闲事
I kept wanting to think that it was a mistake.
我一直想着 这是个误会
That I'd heard wrong.
是我听错了
And then I saw the memo.
之后我看到了备忘录
Are you referring to plaintiff's exhibit number one?
你想要展示第一件证物吗
Yes.
是的
May I approach. your honor?
我可以上前吗 法官大人
Will you please read this for the court?
可否请你向法庭朗读一下
Um. yes. this is a memo from my boss.
嗯 好的 这是我上司的备忘录
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表