剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
So Cunningham can take care of himself.
所以Cunningham可以照顾好他自己
Don't come by the office.
别再来办公室了
You didn't come here to threaten me, did you?
你不会是来威胁我的吧 是吗
There's something you should know about me.
你应该了解一些有关我的事情
What?
什么
20 years ago, I represented your mother.
20年前 我代表过你妈妈做辩护
So?
所以呢
Well, the court wanted
好吧 当时法庭想要
to take you and your sister away from her.
剥夺她对你和你的姐姐的抚养权
I fought for her and won.
我为她辩护 并且胜诉
So?
然后呢
The courts wanted to place you and your sister into a shelter
法庭想把你和你的姐姐送到收♥容♥所♥
Because of your mother's drinking and neglect.
因为你妈妈酗酒而且忽视你们
I stopped them from doing that.
我却阻止了法庭那样做
Then your sister Ilana-- You do remember her, don't you?
然后你的姐姐Ilana...你还记得她 是吗
A little.
记得一点儿
Do you remember how she died?
那你还记得她是怎么死的吗
I remember a window, a policeman,
我记得一扇窗户 一个警♥察♥
and my mom goin' away.
而我妈妈出去了
and you ended up in foster care, right?
然后你终止了寄养 对吧
and I lived a lot of places,
我寄养在很多地方
and none of them were any different.
而他们里面没有一个有什么不同
the people got angry and took it out on me.
人们一生气就在我身上撒气
Took it out on you how?
怎么向你发泄
I don't know. What you do to bad kids.
我不知道 你怎样对待坏孩子
Hit you?
打你吗
That's what you do.
那就是他们的做法了
ls that what you do to your son?
你也这样对待你的儿子吗
Hilary...
Hilary...
I can't represent you properly.
我不合适为你辩护
Truth be told,
实话实说
I don't think you or your mother
我不认为你和你的妈妈
should be given custody of your son.
应该得到你儿子的监护权
Tell the court to find you a different attorney.
告诉法庭 给你找别的律师吧
I won't do you much good.
我实在帮不了你了
Hey, you helped my mama to keep me
嘿 当我还是个婴儿的时候
when I was a baby, right?
你帮助我妈妈胜诉了 是吧
right.
是的
Then I need you to help me get my baby, too.
那么现在我也需要你帮助我要回我的儿子
We have some amendments.
我们还有一些修正案
we had an offer.
我已经提议过了
You didn't accept the offer. We can amend.
你没有接受提案 那我们可以进行修正
It's just a lot of negative covenants.
这只是增加了很多否定条款啊
Until you pay back the entirety of the $20 million loan,
直到你偿还全部2000万美元的贷款后
You can't sell the company,
你都不可以卖♥♥掉公♥司♥
change or alter the nature of the business,
改变或者是修改其生意的性质
enter into new businesses, incur debt,
拓展成新的生意 引发借债
or make investments of over $1 million
或是做出超过100万美元的投资
or increase salaries more than 10%.
或增加薪水超过10%
So my hands are completely tied.
那么我完全是束手束脚啊
Well, that's the price of a sweetheart deal.
好吧 这是非常划算的交易
This impedes my client's ability.
这阻碍了我的当事人
to run his company effectively.
有效运营公♥司♥的能力
These controls only exist until the loan is fully repaid.
这些控制措施只会在贷款全额还清后解除
After that, Carter can do whatever he likes with the company.
还清之后 Carter想对公♥司♥怎么样都可以
No. The time period is indefinite.
不 这时间期限是模糊的
No, it isn't indefinite.
不 这很明确
It is only until the loan is fully repaid.
只要他全额还清贷款
Dad, do you think I should sign this deal?
爸爸 你觉得我应该签署这份协议吗
Nick feels it's the prudent thing to do.
Nick觉得这样做谨慎一些
Yeah--yeah, but...
是啊...是啊 不过...
ls it the way you want things?
你也想事情变成这样吗
No, wait, wait, wait.
不 等等 等等 等等
Carter, don't do that.
Carter 不要签字
Look, if this thing falls apart,
你看 假如这件事土崩瓦解
You're the one that's on the hook.
那么你就是上钩的那个人
It--it--it's ok.
这...没关系的
Now, son, this is going to be your company.
听着 孩子 这将成为你的公♥司♥
You're running all the risks,
你将承担所有的风险
Regardless of where the money comes from.
不考虑这些钱是从哪里来的
Now, I would not accept those terms.
听着 我不会接受这些条款
You don't want the covenants,
你不想要这些条款的时候
you can always pay us cash.
你总可以支付我们现金吧
Oh, judas priest, Nicholas.
噢 天啊 Nicholas
I think that's it, folks.
我认为结束了 先生们
What the hell was that all about?
这都是怎么一回事啊
It was a bad deal.
这不是一笔好交易
A bad deal that our client wants to give to his son?
我们的客户想要给他的儿子是一笔坏交易吗
What right do you have to interfere with that?
你有什么权利干涉这些
It is my job to make sure
保证我们的客户没有遗憾
our clients don't have any regrets down the road.
是我的工作
A bad deal that falls apart
一个不好的交易谈崩了
isn't good for our reputation.
对我们的声誉也没有什么影响
Nick, your job is to service the client, not yourself.
Nick 你的工作是服务客户 可不是你自己
I don't think our client's upset with us, Bill.
我不认为我们的客户对我们感到失望 Bill
I think he's probably pleased
相反我认为他可能还很高兴
that someone's actually being straight with him
有人事实上可以和他直来直去
instead of taking the path of least resistance.
而不是没有任何反抗地接受
What are you implying?
你在暗示什么
Nothing, Bill. Not a thing.
什么也没有 Bill 什么也没有
Henry. Back to work.
Henry 回去工作吧
Alvin.
Alvin
This is Gregory Kurtz, Hilary's son.
这是Gregory Kurtz Hilary的儿子
I'm taking him to the doctor for a checkup.
我要带他去医生那里做检查
Hello, Gregory.
你好 Gregory
Go ahead, sweetie.
走吧 宝贝儿
Go play with the other kids over there, ok?
去跟那边的小孩儿玩吧 好吗
I've talked to Ella Kurtz.
我已经和Ella Kurtz谈过了
She's turned her life around.
她不再拿生活不当回事
She's become devoutly religious.
她现在变得虔诚地信仰宗教了
We think she's the better alternative.
我们认为她是个比较合适的人选
If you could convince your client
如果你可以说服你的当事人
to agree to her mother having even temporary custody--
同意她妈妈拥有暂时的监护权...
No, I won't.
不 我不会那么做的
Because you won't give the grandmother a chance?
因为你不想给那个外婆一次机会吗
Haven't given her a chance? I gave her plenty of chances.
不给她机会 我给了她太多机会了
What happened 20 years ago-- is enough.
20年前发生的事情...足够
enough to condemn that woman for the rest of her life?
足够谴责那位女士的余下一生了吗
Yes.
是的
This is the case.
就是这种状况
What?
什么
this was the case
以前也是这样
that started you representing children.
从你开始代理儿童案子就是如此
Yes.
是的
Alvin, we've been in this business for a long time.
Alvin 我们在这件事上已经拖了很长时间了
We've learned that things aren't always--
我们知道事情并不总是...
We can't have a petition hearing for your baby
我们不能为你的孩子举♥行♥听证会
until we find the baby's father.
除非我们找到孩子的父亲
The baby's dad won't ever be there.
孩子的爸爸不会出现在那里的
Why is that?
为什么
Because he's dead, all right?
因为他已经死了 够了吗
You happy?
你高兴了吧
Because he's dead. I mean,
因为他死了 我是说
How am--how am I supposed to raise it on my own?
我怎么能...我一个人怎么能养得起她
We can help you.
我们可以帮助你
Yeah? Yeah.
是吗 是的
I know what you can do.
我知道你们可以
I grew up in and out of here.
我就是在这里长大 然后走上社会的
You people, you...
你们这帮人 你们...
You put me into group homes for 3 years.
你们把我放进集体宿舍3年时间
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表