剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
希望你旅程愉快
I hope you had a pleasant journey.
谢谢 旅程还不错
Yes, thank you. It was very nice.
小南瓜 快回来
Pumpkin! Come back here!
小南瓜
Pumpkin!
快让开
Get out of the way!
天呐 你真勇敢
Good heavens, that was brave.
换了谁都会这么做的
Anyone would have done the same.
我表示怀疑
I doubt it,
不然的话 第五大道上会尸横遍野
or there'd be bodies up and down Fifth Avenue.
你是范里安家的人吗 -算是吧
Are you a Van Rhijn? - Almost.
范里安夫人是我姑妈 我叫玛丽安·布鲁克
Mrs. Van Rhijn is my aunt. I'm Marian Brook.
奥斯卡·范里安是你表哥吗 -是的
Oscar van Rhijn's cousin? - Yes.
你和他描述的不一样
Oh, you're not as he described you.
我是拉里·罗素
Uh, I'm Larry Russell.
你最好告诉他们
Well, you'd better tell them
以后管好它
to keep him under control in future.
没人能管得住小南瓜
Nobody can keep Pumpkin under control,
反正不会太久
not for very long anyway.
布鲁克小姐再会 -罗素先生再会
Miss Brook. - Mr. Russell.
谢谢 丘奇 你真好
Thank you, Church. There's a good man.
我的行李从大学寄来了吗
Has my trunk arrived from college?
是的 而且已经被拆开了 拉里先生
It has, and it's been unpacked, Mr. Larry.
你好 一切都好吗
Hello, there. How is everything?
和往常一样
Much as usual,
除了母亲决定办一场初次亮相晚会
except that Mother has decided to give her first soirée.
你回来了 亲爱的
There you are, dear.
过得愉快吗 -非常愉快
Have you had a lovely time? - Lovely enough.
既然你从哈佛毕业了
You should have your own valet
就应该有自己的男仆了
now you're down from Harvard.
一直麻烦丘奇也不好
It's not fair to burden Church.
听说我们要庆祝乔迁新居
I gather we are going to christen the new house.
没几个人回复 但我觉得是时候了
Just a few people calling in, but I think it's time.
有几个人要来
How many are coming?
不好说 他们可能
It's hard to say if they don't accept
没有正式回复 但我觉得
in a formal way, but I think if we cater
准备200人的伙食比较稳妥
for 200, it's probably safe.
我觉得 你也可以邀请一些你的朋友来
I thought you'd like to ask some friends of yours.
比如
Such as?
比如费什夫人或戈莱特家
Such as Mrs. Fish or the Goelets
或者可爱的阿斯特小姐
or that nice Miss Astor.
我和他们不熟
I hardly know them.
我只是去凑个人数
I was only there to make up numbers.
你会邀请范里安夫人吗
Are you inviting Mrs. Van Rhijn?
大概吧 你去梳洗一下
Maybe. Now go and wash.
我们马上要吃午饭了
We'll have luncheon in a minute.
你为什么带着那条讨厌的狗
Why do you bring that beastly dog?
狗应该在马车旁边跑
Dogs are supposed to run alongside carriages,
而不是载着它们
not travel in them.
我想我们必须为小南瓜破例一次
Oh, I think we must make an exception for Pumpkin.
我请了奥斯卡喝茶 他该见见你了
I've asked Oscar for tea. It's time he met you.
他会带个朋友 约翰·亚当斯
He'll have a friend with him, John Adams.
真不错
That's nice.
这个约翰是昆西·亚当斯的曾孙
This John is Quincy Adams' great-grandson.
你可以叫他亚当斯先生
You will call him Mr. Adams,
还有 穿条新裙子来
and wear one of your new dresses.
我差点忘了
I almost forgot.
我走的时候班尼斯特给了我这个
Bannister gave me this as I was leaving.
我们下楼之前一个男仆送来的
A footman left it just before we came down.
是罗素夫人寄来的
It's from Mrs. Russell.
收件人包括你 玛丽安
It's addressed to you, as well, Marian.
范里安夫人 布鲁克小姐 玛丽安·布鲁克小姐
Mrs. Van Rhijn, Miss Brook, Miss Marian Brook.
显然她上过礼仪课
She's clearly had lessons in etiquette.
她只是想表现得友好一点
She's trying to be neighborly.
是张请柬 -给我们的吗
It's an invitation. - Addressed to us?
他们肯定很快会宴请一番
They were bound to entertain soon.
他们不可能建了那座大房♥子
They can't have built that great house
只是为了坐在火炉边看书
to sit by the fire and read.
让他们那种人自娱自乐吧
Well, let them entertain their own sort.
反正这种人多得是
Heaven knows there are plenty to choose from.
艾格尼丝姑妈 我有个问题
Aunt Agnes, I have a question.
奥古斯都·张伯伦夫人是谁
Who is Mrs. Augustus Chamberlain?
你从哪里听说这人的
Where have you heard that name?
张伯伦夫人参加了费恩夫人的慈善聚会
Mrs. Chamberlain was at Mrs. Fane's charity gathering.
天哪 她去了吗 艾达 还有谁去了
Was she, by heavens? Ada, who else was there?
扒手吗 还是刚出狱的
Pickpockets? Newly released criminals?
奥罗拉在想什么
What was Aurora thinking?
别忘了 聚会的目的
One must remember that the point of the exercise
是募集资金
is to raise money.
那也不能拿在座夫人的名誉
That is no excuse for risking the reputation
做冒险啊
of every lady in the room.
玛丽安 如果下次再见到张伯伦夫人
Marian, when and if you see Mrs. Chamberlain again,
脸转过去别理她
you are to turn your face away.
明白了吗 -明白
Is that clear? - Very.
罗素夫人的宴会怎么办
So what about Mrs. Russell's party?
我猜我们不会去 -你疯了吗
I presume we're not going. - Are you mad?
请你让莫里斯夫人…
Would you please see that Mrs. Morris...
那是费恩夫人…
That Mrs. Fane...
阿斯特夫人收到了吗
That Mrs. Astor gets this?
恐怕费什夫人不在家 夫人
I'm afraid Mrs. Fish is not at home, madam.
真的吗
Really?
不过她认识我儿子 拉里·罗素
Only she knows my son, Larry Russell.
他刚参加了夫人在纽波特的聚会
He was just staying with her in Newport.
她不在家 夫人
She's not at home, madam.
麻烦你把我的名片和请柬给她
But you'll give her my card and this envelope?
就说我来过了 -好的 夫人
You'll say I called? - Of course, madam.
谢谢各位 散会
Thank you, gentlemen. That's all.
告诉阿特金斯不行
Tell Atkins no.
告诉舒尔茨我很感兴趣 但不会买♥♥账的
Warn Schultz I'm interested, but not yet convinced.
告诉布伦南我等到明早十点
Give Brennan till 10:00 tomorrow morning,
否则终止交易 -很好
or the deal's off. - Very good.
斯坦福·怀特先生在外面
Mr. Stanford White is outside.
带他进来
Oh, bring him in. Bring him in.
谢谢 克莱
Thank you, Clay.
怀特先生 抱歉
Mr. White, sorry to drag you here
在百忙之中叫你过来
when no doubt you've had a busy day.
我希望房♥子没什么问题
I hope nothing's wrong with the house.
恰恰相反 房♥子非常棒
Oh, quite the contrary. It's working splendidly.
非常棒 罗素夫人已经觉得
So splendidly, in fact, that Mrs. Russell has decided
是时候开始宴请了
it is time we began to entertain.
这就是建造房♥子的目的
That's what it was built for.
你会收到她的请柬
You will receive a card from her.
她觉得我们的客人会对这个地方感兴趣
She feels our guests will be interested in the place.
她希望你在场解惑
She'd like you there to answer questions.
这是我的荣幸 当然可以
I should be honored, of course.
希望宴会成功
I hope it's a success.
人们对这房♥子很好奇
Well, people are curious about the house,
他们想要你的捐款用于宠物
they want your money for pet causes,
而且你们的孩子都很漂亮
and your children are both good-looking.
我想会的
I'd say it will be.
你帮帮她吧 怀特先生
Can you help her, Mr. White?
怎么帮 我不是名流
How? I'm not fashionable.
但我很高兴能借这次机会
But I'm glad to be able to thank you properly
衷心感谢你
for taking a chance on me.
你该感谢罗素夫人 不是我
You have Mrs. Russell to thank, not me.
不管她有什么缺点 她有想象力和品味…
Whatever her faults, she has imagination and taste...
是的 -还有胆量
Oh. - And nerve.
在纽约 这三个品质缺一不可
She will need all three in New York.
这些需要您签字
I've left them for you to sign.
谢谢 斯科特小姐 -母亲
Thank you, Miss Scott. - Hello, Mother.
浪子归来了
The wanderer has returned.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表