剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
我们的午餐好了吗
Is our luncheon ready?
好了
It is.
斯科特小姐刚刚收到信
Miss Scott just got word
说有位出版商想和她见面谈谈她的文章
that a publisher wants to talk to her about her writing.
恭喜啊 斯科特小姐
Congratulations, Miss Scott.
谢谢
Thank you.
失陪
Excuse me.
可你还没吃午饭呢
Oh, but you didn't eat your lunch.
如果她东西发表了文章
I wonder how long she'll keep working
不知道还会为范莱茵夫人工作多久
for Mrs. Van Rhijn once she gets in the papers.
这些事轮不到我们猜测
It is not for us to speculate on such things.
是 班尼斯特先生
Yes, Mr. Bannister.
斯科特小姐不是我们这里
Miss Scott isn't the only one around here
唯一遇上有趣事的人
doing something exciting.
我们买♥♥到今晚魔术灯光表演的票了
We got tickets to the magic lantern show tonight.
没错
That's right.
提醒你看完直接回来
Well, mind you come straight back.
十点宵禁
Curfew's at 10:00.
我们会的 班尼斯特先生
We will, Mr. Bannister.
一定会的
Definitely.
我们当然得要募捐
Well, of course we'll have to raise funds.
总是会有募捐活动
There's always fundraising.
但这一次
But in this instance,
我们可能还要去对付政♥治♥家们
we may have to take on the politicians too.
天啊 艾格妮丝姑妈会怎么看待这事
Goodness, what will your Aunt Agnes say about such a thing?
范莱茵夫人会理解有时候
Mrs. Van Rhijn will know that sometimes a fight
-对抗无法避免 -说得好
- can't be avoided. - Brava.
我要给她做条绶带披上
I'll make a sash for her to wear.
"生命 自♥由♥ 红十字会万岁"
"Life, Liberty, and the Red Cross forever."
你当然是说笑的 可你让我直哆嗦
Of course you're joking, but you make me tremble.
我更了解你
I know better.
艾达·布鲁克小姐才不会哆嗦
Miss Ada Brook would never tremble.
她会为她相信的事业而战
She'd always fight for any cause she believed in.
你肯定把我和我姐姐搞混了
You may have confused me with my sister.
我的记忆力不会有错
There's nothing wrong with my memory.
事实上 我很高兴你今天能来
In fact, I'm glad you're here,
我想借机问问
as it allows me to ask
可否到61街贵府上拜访
whether I really may call at 61st Street.
我想艾格尼丝姑姑肯定会很高兴
Aunt Agnes would like to see
再次见到埃克哈德先生
Mr. Eckhard again, I'm sure.
这样的话那好吧
Well, if you think so.
你在那里住了多久了
How long have you lived there?
我姐夫于1850年在那盖了房♥子
My brother-in-law built the house in 1850.
十年前我姐夫过世以后
And I joined my sister there
我搬了过去和我姐姐一起住
when her husband died ten years ago.
他们刚刚搬过去的时候
They must have been marooned in a desert
那地方还很荒凉吧
when they first arrived.
范莱茵夫人真有眼光
Mrs. Van Rhijn had great foresight.
-其实不是 -不是
- Not really. - No?
她本来想在华盛顿广场买♥♥♥房♥♥子
She wanted to buy in Washington Square,
但是她丈夫坚持认为城市会向北迁移
but her husband insisted the city would move north.
他买♥♥了不少地皮
He bought quite a few lots.
现在纽约大道慢慢繁荣起来
And now New York has crept up the avenue
使之变成无价之宝
and made them priceless.
事实证明他很明智 没错
It has proved to be sensible, yes.
你们听说了歌♥剧院的事吗
Have you heard about this opera business?
什么事
What's that?
一些纽约新贵想要挑战音乐学院的权威
A group of new people mean to challenge the Academy of Music
再建造一个歌♥剧院
and create another opera house.
-他们不可以 -他们觉得自己可以
- They can't. - They think they can.
上周他们在戴尔莫尼科餐厅约谈
They met at Delmonico's last week
他们决定既然不允许他们使用
and decided that since they weren't allowed
学院的包厢
boxes at the Academy,
他们打算建一个自己的歌♥剧院
they were going to build their own house.
知道这些心怀怨气的家伙们都是谁吗
Do we know of whom this group of malcontents consists?
当然还是那几个 JP摩根家
The usual. JP Morgan, of course.
洛克菲勒家 范德比尔特家
The Rockefellers, the Vanderbilts.
纽约所有的投机分子
Every opportunist in New York.
我不会到处乱说
My lips are sealed.
怪不得学院不给他们包厢
No wonder they couldn't get a box at the Academy.
如果他们有能力建一座比现有剧院
But what is the point of shutting out these men
好二十倍的剧院的话
and their families when they could probably build
把这些人和他们的家族
an opera house that's 20 times better
拒之门外又有什么意义呢
than the one we have now?
真的假的 玛丽安
Really, Marian?
看来我们得好好盯着你了
I can see we're going to have to take you in hand.
-但... -够了 亲爱的
- But surely-- That's enough, dear.
是时候让别人说说话了
Time to let other people speak.
给你
Here you are.
这很好 弗雷德里克
Oh, this is good, Frederick.
-还需要别的吗 先生 -暂时不需要了
- Anything else, sir? - It's enough for now.
斯科特小姐
Miss Scott.
前门有位男士要找你
A man was asking for you at the front door.
我让他在街上等你
I asked him to wait in the street,
但是他说会在公园和你见面
but he said he'd meet you at the park.
什么样的男士
What sort of man?
父亲
Father.
你不来见我 我只好来见你了
I thought it was time the mountain came to Mohammed.
我已经回来一段时间了
I've been here awhile.
但就是没空来探望你的父亲
But not long enough to come and see your father.
-我不想吵架 -你不和我吵 我就不和你吵
- I don't want to quarrel. - I won't quarrel if you won't.
你母亲的生日快到了
Your mother's birthday is approaching.
我知道
I know.
我来这里是...
I come here to--
你刚刚在说...
You were saying?
-我们希望你能回家 -父亲
- We want you to come home. - Father.
不是长住
Not to stay.
你母亲说这事对你来说没得商量
Your mother said you're unmovable on that.
只是给她庆祝生日
Just for her birthday.
自从你离开家她就一直状态不好
She hasn't been herself since you decided to leave.
我不是因为她才离开
She's not the reason I left.
我可以原谅你 既往不咎
But I can forgive you and get past it all.
-原谅我 -是的
- Forgive me? - Yep.
你母亲会很高兴看到
It would make your mother happy
我们可以坐下来像一家人一样
if we could sit down and break bread
和睦地吃一顿饭
as a family in peace.
我会回家 但只是给她庆祝生日
I will come home but just for her birthday.
你母亲说
Your mother mentioned something about
-你在当秘书 -是的
- working as a secretary? - Yes.
那你具体做什么
What does that entail, exactly?
帮某个老妇人写写信吗
Writing letters for some old lady?
这是适合受过教育的女性的工作
It's a job for an educated woman
-前景非常广阔 -真的吗
- that could lead to anything. - Really?
那你的卧室在那房♥子的哪个位置呢
Exactly where is your room in that house?
好吧
All right.
我是和仆人们住在一起
It's in the servants' quarters.
但我不会永远替范莱茵夫人工作
But I won't be working for Mrs. Van Rhijn forever.
这份工作让我有时间写作
And the job allows me time to write.
我不明白你为什么一直要花时间做这个
I don't know why you're bothering with that.
从来没有那个黑人作家
There aren't any colored writers,
尤其是黑人女作家 能够靠写作糊口
especially women writers, who can make a living wage.
我很快可以知道黑人女作家可以挣多少钱了
I will soon find out how much colored women writers make.
怎么说
How's that?
卡尔顿波特出版社
I have a meeting with the publisher
要约我谈谈
at Carlton and Porter.
那是《基♥督♥教倡导者》的出版商
They put out "The Christian Advocate."
那是白人报纸
The white newspaper.
是的
Yes.
卡尔顿先生有兴趣想要发表
And Mr. Carlton is interested in publishing
一些我写的小说
some of my stories.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表