剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
你为什么不试试《纽约环球报》
Why didn't you try "The New York Globe"?
我试过了 他们压根没回复
I did, but they never answered.
好吧
Well...
如果这事没成
if it doesn't pan out,
你总可以回家
you can always come home.
替我工作
And work for me.
我该回去了
I should get back.
怎么了
What's wrong?
-出什么事了 -没事
- What happened? - Nothing.
我可以告诉你母亲替你留个位置吗
I can tell your mother to set a place for you?
是的
Yes.
再见 父亲
Goodbye, Father.
如果有人问起 就说我出去了
I'm going out, if anyone asks.
我会在替老爷更衣前回来
I'll be back in time to get him changed.
你去哪 沃森先生
Where do you go, Mr. Watson?
你这是什么意思
What do you mean?
你经常在下午溜出去一小时
Well, you often slip out for an hour in the afternoon.
我想知道你去哪了
I wondered where you go to.
没有特定的地方
Nowhere in particular.
有时去公园之类的
Sometimes the park.
我只是喜欢走走
I like to walk.
可能是我的错觉吧 不过我认为沃森先生
I may be imagining it, but I think Mr. Watson
很喜欢你
has a soft spot for you.
那他是在浪费时间
Then he's wasting his time.
我的目标可比落魄男仆大多了
I've got bigger plans than a broken-down old valet.
听起来有点残忍♥
That seems rather cruel.
生活就是残忍♥ 布鲁斯太太
Life can be cruel, Mrs. Bruce.
但我要战胜残酷的生活
But I mean to get the better of it.
我觉得拒绝罗素夫人的钱简直是令人费解
It seems mad to me not to take Mrs. Russell's money
毕竟她那么有钱
when she has so much of it to give.
还有张伯伦夫人的 也一样
Or Mrs. Chamberlain's, for that matter,
无论她有怎样的过去
whatever her past.
关于罗素夫人 你说的或许没错
You may have a point when it comes to Mrs. Russell
-但张伯伦夫人不是这样 -不是吗
- but not with Mrs. Chamberlain. - No?
他们说她也很有钱
They say she's very rich, too,
她对慈善事业也真的很有兴趣
and that she has a real interest in charitable causes.
也许确实如此 但生活总还有底线
It may be so, but there are limits.
她之前到底做了什么事
What is she supposed to have done?
在她结婚之前
Well, before their marriage,
张伯伦先生和夫人
Mr. And Mrs. Chamberlain...
就认识彼此
Knew each other.
大多数人在结婚前不是都
Don't most people know their wives and husbands
认识自己的另一半吗
before they marry them?
我猜除了一些东方国家吧
Except in some Eastern countries, I suppose.
是的 但他们的儿子...
Yes, but their son is...
-比他应该的年纪大了些 -我以为他是领养的
- older than he ought to be. - I thought he was adopted.
确实是这样没错
Well, so he is.
从某种意义上来说
In a way.
但这是很久以前的事了
And it was all a long time ago now.
这座城市的人们会记得很久以前的事
People have long memories in this town.
班尼斯特来了
Oh, there's Bannister.
下午好 班尼斯特
Good afternoon, Bannister.
-艾达小姐 玛丽安小姐 -班尼斯特
- Miss Ada, Miss Marian. - Bannister.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
你怎么会没料到这个情况
Why couldn't you see it coming?
因为从前这招都很有效
Because it's always worked before.
那这次怎么不行了
Then why isn't it working this time?
罗素简直是太有钱了
Russell has more money than God.
你就不能告诉他 他无法从这场交易中获利吗
Can't you tell him there'll be no profit in the deal?
我们之前试图蒙骗他
We tried to make a fool of him.
他不会那么轻易原谅我们
He won't find that easy to forgive.
你该换衣服了
You should get changed.
如果他一直购入 我会失去一切
If he keeps going, I'll lose everything I own.
是我们
We!
我们将失去拥有的一切
We will lose everything we own.
你和安妮·莫里斯实在不应该
It's a pity you and Anne Morris
羞辱他的妻子
decided to humiliate his wife.
这可没什么好处
I guess that won't have helped.
那是安妮 不是我
That was Anne, not me.
我想用他们的舞厅举♥行♥义卖♥♥
I wanted to use their ballroom for the fair.
那你为什么不坚持呢
Then why didn't you insist?
你一定还有办法
There must be something you can do.
求他良心发现
Appeal to his better nature.
太棒了
That was terrific.
欢迎
吓了我一跳
That made me jump.
别担心 我会保护你的
Don't worry. I'll look after you.
不要这样
Not like that.
-我只是... -不要这样
- I only-- - Not like that.
你就不能去找他吗
Could you go to him?
在你大肆羞辱了他妻子之后吗
After the insults you heaped on his wife?
-还是算了吧 -我只是做了...
- I don't think so. - I only did what I--
你只是做了你认为正确的事
You only did what you thought was right.
我必须得听奥萝拉的话
I had to follow Aurora's lead--
不要侮辱我的智商
Don't insult my intelligence.
我不明白你这是什么意思
I don't know what you mean.
你看到了毁掉你的义卖♥♥他有多开心
You saw the fun he had destroying your bazaar.
现在他有机会摧毁你的家庭了
Well, now he has the chance to destroy your family.
不至于糟糕到这种地步吧
It can't be as bad as that.
你必须去找罗素夫人
You have to go to Mrs. Russell.
请求她的原谅
Ask her forgiveness.
谄媚 赔笑 卑躬屈膝
Call, grovel, kiss her feet.
竭尽所能让她帮我们制止她丈夫
Do what you have to do to get her to stop him.
帕特里克 你不能让我这么做
Patrick, you can't ask that of me.
我不是在拜托你 是在通知你
I'm not asking you. I'm telling you.
不然你就再也无法拥有地位 房♥子
Or you'll have no position, no house,
还有供你颐指气使的佣人了
and no one left to boss around.
托尼·帕斯彻剧院
或许我们可以一起吃个冰淇淋
I thought we might stop for an ice cream, maybe?
或者喝一杯咖啡
Or just a cup of coffee?
你听到班尼斯特先生的话了
You heard Mr. Bannister.
我们必须马上回去 十点钟就宵禁了
We're to go straight back. The curfew's at 10:00.
他们并不能掌控我们 布丽姬特
They don't own us, Bridget.
今晚我们休息
This is our night off.
我们没有多少这样的机会
We don't get many.
我们不能错过宵禁
We can't miss the curfew,
而且我们说过会直接回去
and we said we'd go straight home.
如果你希望如此的话
If that's the way you want it.
这就是
It is.
我可以牵你的手吗
Can I hold your hand?
我说过 我不喜欢这样
I've told you. I don't like that stuff.
快走吧
Now, come on.
款式齐全 价格优♥惠♥
你想上♥床♥睡觉吗
Do you want to come to bed?
还不想
Not yet.
我需要喝一杯
I need a drink.
怎么了
What's happened?
没什么
Nothing.
只是我的计划被打乱了
Only that my plan has come apart
我必须要重新开始
and I have to start again.
我想你是指那个完美女孩吧
I presume you mean the perfect girl?
你也该知道了
About time you knew.
她的名字是
Her name is
格拉迪斯·罗素
Gladys Russell.
乔治·罗素的女儿吗
George Russell's daughter?
但现在 该死的 街上都传言
But now, God damn it, the word on the street
罗素已经完蛋了
is that Russell is finished.
或是快了
Or he soon will be.
他试图通过回购公♥司♥的所有股份
He's trying to hold up the value of his company
来撑住公♥司♥市值
by buying all the shares.
但这终究不是长久之计
But no one can continue that forever.
外界都认为他不出几日就会破产
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表