剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
过了这么久才回来
You took your time coming to tell me.
这是帮我代笔的斯科特小姐
This is Miss Scott who is helping with my post.
这我儿子 范里安先生 -你好
My son, Mr. Van Rhijn. - Hello.
我先告退了
I'll leave you.
看看她的工作
Look at her work.
亚当斯先生呢 -我们在这里碰面
Where's Mr. Adams? - I'm meeting him here.
你为什么要我带他来
Why did you want me to bring him?
你该早点回来的
You should have come earlier.
你已经回来一段时间了
You've been home for ages,
还没见过你的表妹
and you've never even met your cousin.
那我现在回来了
Well, I'm here now.
她要待多久 -怎么了
How long will she be staying? - Why?
如果你有什么不测
Well, I'll already have Aunt Ada around my neck,
已经有艾达姨妈这个累赘了
that's if anything should happen to you.
为什么你说话总是那么尖酸
Why must you always sound so sharp?
我只是想
I presume I'm expected to keep
把家族传承下去
the house running indefinitely.
我不应该为玛丽安担心
I shouldn't worry about Marian.
她会在我去世前先嫁出去的
She'll be gone long before I am.
你怎么这么确定 -玛丽安 亲爱的
What makes you so sure? - Marian, my dear.
我想你还没见过我儿子 奥斯卡
I don't believe you have ever met my son, Oscar.
范里安先生你好
Mr. Van Rhijn,
我还以为你只是个传说呢
I was beginning to think you were only a dream.
需要贴面礼吗 我们是表亲
Should we kiss? We are cousins.
还是握个手吧
Let's shake hands for now.
你可以叫我奥斯卡
But I hope you'll call me Oscar.
他之前待在欧洲
He's been in Europe.
我知道 太羡慕你了
I know. How I envy you.
就是开些无聊的会 在脏乱的会议室
It was mostly dull meetings and dusty boardrooms.
我才不信呢 -亚当斯先生
Oh, I can't believe that. - Mr. Adams.
亚当斯先生 你能来真是太好了
Mr. Adams, how good of you to drop by.
要来点什么吗 -不用
What can we give you? - Nothing.
谢谢 范里安夫人
Thank you, Mrs. Van Rhijn.
我来介绍一下亚当斯先生 亲爱的
May I present Mr. Adams, my dear.
玛丽安·布鲁克小姐是我的侄女
Miss Marian Brook is my niece.
她刚来这里
She has just arrived in the city.
这是你第一次来纽约吗
Is it your first visit to New York?
这是我第一次离开家乡
It's my first visit to almost anywhere.
你有什么推荐参观的地方吗
Can you help me with what I should see?
我想范里安夫人
I'm sure Mrs. Van Rhijn will have
对博物馆十分了解
a comprehensive list of museums.
看来罗素一家在我不在的时候搬了过来
So the Russells have moved into their house in my absence.
别说了
Don't remind me.
我在纽波特碰到了他儿子
I ran into the son in Newport.
他人不错 他们家里还有个女儿
He's nice enough, and I gather there's a daughter.
我也觉得 -我倒想见见她
I believe so. - I should like to meet her.
你要去他们的宴会吗 -当然不了
Are you going to their soirée? - Of course not.
别说这种事 -妈妈 你真是老顽固
Don't say such things. - Mama, you are incorrigible.
我认为这是最高的赞扬
I take that as the highest praise.
我还需要四个托盘
I need four more pallets.
还有一堆米 我去去就回
Rice stacked. I'll be right back.
这边
This way.
她说准备200人份 但我肯定
She said 200, but I must be ready
要多准备点 以防人数超过预期
with more at a moment's notice if we go over that figure.
怎么了
So what's wrong?
我不做火腿三明治
I'm not making ham sandwiches.
我不做吐司
I'm not making toast.
我很抱歉 先生 但我们有任务在身
I sympathize, monsieur, but we have our orders.
夫人不明白这些事情该怎么处理
Madam does not understand how these things should be managed.
是吗 -你说什么
Ooh. - I beg your pardon?
你和我一样清楚她不是他们中的一员
You know as well as I do she isn't one of them.
我以前在50街的格里斯沃尔德夫人手下工作
I used to work for Mrs. Griswold on 50th.
这就是夫人雇佣我的原因
That's why Madam hired me,
教她与旧贵族打交道
to teach her the ways of the old people,
但格里斯沃尔德夫人是不会靠近这所房♥子的
but Mrs. Griswold wouldn't have come near this house.
那她就是个非常愚蠢的女人
Then she was a very stupid woman.
夫人不是上流社交圈的一员
The mistress is not a player in the great game,
不管她怎么说
whatever she says.
特纳小姐 我希望你能克服你的厌恶
Well, Miss Turner, I hope you can overcome your distaste
帮女主人
and give the mistress a helping hand
为晚会准备着装
with her clothes for the evening.
时代在改变
Surely things are changing.
对罗素夫人来说 变得还不够快
Not fast enough for Mrs. Russell.
你总是表现出喜欢她的样子
You always act as if you liked her.
我必须这么做
When I have to.
她没有正常人的风度
She does not have the manner of the real people,
她也学不会
and she cannot learn it.
格里斯沃尔德夫人马上就会看穿她
Mrs. Griswold would see through her in a moment,
马上看穿
in just a moment.
如果她那么好 你为什么要离开
If she was so wonderful, why did you leave?
还是你被解雇了
Or were you fired?
她死于心脏病 沃森先生
She died, Mr. Watson, of a heart attack
当时她正在为阿斯特夫人的舞会换衣服
just as she was changing for Mrs. Astor's ball.
格里斯沃尔德先生很伤心
It was very hard on Mr. Griswold.
因为他孤身一人了
Because he was left all alone.
因为他想去参加舞会
Because he wanted to go to the ball.
你差不多准备好了 我该去换衣服了
Oh, you're almost ready. I should get changed.
不用急
There's no hurry.
我想下楼去确认一下
I just want to be downstairs to supervise
最后所有的细节
all the final details.
这头箍勒得头皮发紧
Oh, it feels as if it's held on with nails.
你看上去很棒
You look superb.
那么…
So...
你准备好接受待客的考验了吗
are you ready for your trial by hospitality?
此时不去 更待何时
Well, if I'm not ready now, I never will be.
你母亲以前怎么说的
What was it your mother used to say?
"你是我孩子中
"You are the only one of my children
唯一值得寄托梦想的"
who is worthy of my dreams"?
她也只剩下了梦想
Much good did those dreams do her.
她生前一无所有 死后也一无所有
She had nothing while she lived and nothing when she died.
你爱她
You loved her.
她并不是一无所有 -谢谢
That wasn't nothing. - Thank you.
你不觉得她今晚会为你骄傲吗
Don't you think she'd be proud of you this evening?
希望如此 晚上再问我吧
I wonder. Ask me again at midnight.
我希望你能邀请一些老朋友
I wish you'd invited some of the old crowd.
房♥子里到处都是陌生人
The house will be full of strangers.
我们现在不是一路人了 乔治
We're headed in a different direction now, George.
我们加入了不同的圈子 -是啊
We're joining a different club. - Mm.
即使他们不希望我们成为其中一员
Even if they don't want us to be members?
我们为什么不能成为其中一员
Why shouldn't we be members?
我受够了让那些无聊又愚蠢的女人
I'm tired of letting all those dull and stupid women
对我们的生活指手画脚
dictate the way we live our lives.
为什么 你这十年为这座城市所做的
Why, you've done more for this city in ten years
比他们家族几百年来所做的还要多
than their families have achieved in centuries.
今非昔比了 贝莎
Things are changing, Bertha.
对我来说 他们改变得不够快
They can't change fast enough for me.
你已经有很大的进展了
And you've come a long way.
我都看出来了
Even I can see that.
这些进展还不够
I don't want to come a long way.
我需要全方位的成功
I want to go all the way.
我只希望你开心
I'd just like you to be happy.
我知道我对你的爱是不够的
And I know my loving you is not enough.
已经足够了
It's almost enough.
我要走了 -好吧
I should go. - Mm.
沃森可能会找我
Watson will be wondering where I am.
很壮观 不是吗
Quite a spectacle, isn't it?
他们肯定花了不少心思
Well, they sure are taking a lot of trouble.
真不想错过这派对
It must seem hard to miss the party,
但艾格尼丝表明了她的态度
but Agnes feels so very strongly.
她不能要求我讨厌他们
She can't make me dislike them.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表