剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
您可以培植合适的人接管
You'll find and train men to take them over.
保障我和葛莱蒂的未来
Who'll protect my future and Gladys's
确保家业恒久流传
and make sure the business outlives us all.
你的说法很有力
You're persuasive. I'll give you that.
这点我承认
You're persuasive. I'll give you that.
我保证会考虑一下
And I promise to think about it.
我眼下还有更重大的事
But, right now, I have some pressing matters of my own
暂时无暇顾及其他
which stop me concentrating much on anything else.
想必是火车事故
The train business, I know.
待会儿家里见了
Well, I'll see you at the house.
父亲……
And, Father...
我真心祝您平安无事
I wish you luck. Really.
我也祝你顺利
And I wish you luck.
我很需要您的祝福
I wish you would.
她被开除 你在罗素家的眼线也没了?
So she's gone and you've lost your spy in the Russell house?
对
Yes.
但以后事情会更好办
But things will be easier in future.
葛莱蒂的母亲同意她面世
Gladys's mother is bringing her out
以后就能在全市大小宴会见到她
and after that, she'll be at plenty of parties all over town.
-更何况…… -何况什么?
- Besides... - Besides what?
虽然葛莱蒂知道了不太好
It won't help with Gladys, if she hears of it
但我能善用
but it may play well when people learn Turner was sent away
人们以为透纳遭开除 是跟我偷♥情♥这一点
but it may play well when people learn Turner was sent away
人们以为透纳遭开除 是跟我偷♥情♥这一点
because she and I were lovers.
有助掩盖你真实性向
A smokescreen to hide your true nature?
别这么说,我讨厌被妄下定义
Don't talk like that. I hate to be defined.
她只是个侍女,你不怕丢脸?
And it doesn't matter that she was a lady's maid?
别那么势利眼
Don't be such a snob.
这点只有女人会介意 男人才不会
The ladies might take exception, but their husbands won't.
你一开始找上透纳便有此计划?
Did you plan this, when you first took up with Miss Turner?
并没有
No.
但我深信不疑危机就是转机
But I'm a great believer in turning every chance encounter
但我深信不疑危机就是转机
to my own advantage.
你在路上碰到瑞克斯先生?
You saw Mr. Raikes in the street?
爱格,你知道她的意思
You know what she means, Agnes.
瑞克斯先生是玛丽安的旧友
Mr. Raikes is an old friend of Marian's, and they met by chance.
两人碰巧遇上了
Mr. Raikes is an old friend of Marian's, and they met by chance.
真的是碰巧吗?
But was it by chance?
重点是我很高兴 他来纽约后发展得很好
The point is, I was pleased to hear how far he's come since he arrived
想说您也会很高兴
and I thought you would be, too.
他发展得有多好?
Has he come so very far?
他结识了莱克家族 还有洛克沃家族
Well, he's friendly with the Rikers now and the Rockwells
上周才和蓝道夫夫人共餐
and last week, he dined with Mrs. Randolph.
他朋友的姓都是R开头的吗?
Do all his friends have names beginning with R?
您或许以为他只结交新贵
I know you think he only mixes with the new people.
像是罗素夫人,又是个R
Like Mrs. Russell. Another R.
对,但其实不然
Exactly. But it isn't true.
您也认识莱克家和蓝道夫夫人
You know the Rikers and you know Mrs. Randolph.
奥萝拉芬恩很喜欢他
Aurora Fane loves him.
奥萝拉最近跟一些 不三不四的人走得很近
Aurora has developed a certain social promiscuity, recently.
但你喜欢奥萝拉
- But you're fond of Aurora. - I'm fond of you.
我也喜欢你,不代表你完美无瑕
- But you're fond of Aurora. - I'm fond of you.
我也喜欢你,不代表你完美无瑕
It doesn't mean you are without fault.
这么说有失公允,爱格姑妈
You are not being fair, Aunt Agnes.
若说我没被他的外表 或所谓风采给迷惑
If you are saying I am not blinded by his looks and so-called charm
那么你说对了
then you would be right.
你要出门?
Oh, you're going out?
我正在想该不该告诉你
I was of two minds about telling you.
福顿先生要我陪他去点灯仪式
Mr. Fortune has asked me to accompany him to the turning on of the lights.
为报社做采访
We're both going to write about it for The Globe.
我好嫉妒
I'm so jealous.
我就知道会这样
I knew you would be.
真可惜你不能和瑞克斯先生 一起去罗素夫人的聚会
I think it's a shame you're not going with Mr. Raikes
真可惜你不能和瑞克斯先生 一起去罗素夫人的聚会
to Mrs. Russell's party.
马车的座位不够
There's no more room in the carriage.
她该买♥♥大一点的马车才对
She should get a bigger carriage.
客人都在客厅里等你
Your troops are waiting for you in the drawing room, my dear
我也该出门了
and I'm leaving, too.
真希望你跟我们一起去
I wish you were coming with us.
看你正在兴头上
I like your spirit.
乔治,没人能打败我们
We won't be defeated, George.
控制电力可说是 本世代最伟大的创新技术
Taming electricity
控制电力可说是 本世代最伟大的创新技术
is probably the most important innovation of our lifetime.
这样也值得庆祝?
And is that something to celebrate?
很值得呀,我也想去看
I think so. I wish I was there.
去看公园街灯火通明
To see Park Row illuminated.
跟哪些人去?
But with what sort of people?
流氓,小偷,还是更甚者?
Ruffians, thieves, and worse.
罗素夫人打算办派对
- Mrs. Russell is taking a party. - I rest my case.
我没说错吧
- Mrs. Russell is taking a party. - I rest my case.
史考特小姐也会去
Miss Scott's going too, to cover it for her newspaper.
去为报社采访
Miss Scott's going too, to cover it for her newspaper.
文章刊出了我会看
And I will read about it, like civilized people do.
有教养的人都这么做
And I will read about it, like civilized people do.
史考特小姐定能详尽报道
I'm sure Miss Scott will be able to tell us all we need to know.
别担心,未经允许我不会去
Oh, don't worry. I wasn't planning to go without your permission.
怎么突然这么听话?
You're very obedient, all of a sudden.
不会跟我说啥惊人消息吧?
What are you planning to spring on me?
按铃叫班尼斯特那叛徒上晚餐
Now go ring for that reprobate, Bannister
按铃叫班尼斯特那叛徒上晚餐
and ask about dinner.
没别的事我想早点休息
If possible, I'd like an early night.
再帮您倒点香槟?
Some more champagne, ma'am?
我来吧
Let me.
宾翰小姐呢?
Miss Bingham?
明知不该,还是再来点吧
I shouldn't, but I will.
我该把这句当成座右铭
That ought to be my motto.
尊夫人想必很明理 麦卡里斯特先生
You must have a very understanding wife, Mr. McAllister.
芬恩夫人总是紧盯着我
Mrs. Fane watches me like a hawk.
我才没有
I do not.
很可惜尊夫人没一起来
But it seems a shame that your wife isn't with us.
麦卡里斯特夫人可乐了
Mrs. McAllister is as happy as a clam
舒服地待在纽波特,听潮来潮往
tucked up in Newport, listening to the sounds of the sea.
我没去过纽波特 人们对那儿评价很高
I've never been to Newport, but one hears it spoken of so highly.
亲爱的罗素夫人
My dear Mrs. Russell
你一定要去纽波特,我说真的
of course you must come to Newport.
你一定要去纽波特,我说真的
I insist.
那座小镇正等着你去 突破藩篱加以征服
The town is just waiting for you to tear down its defenses
那座小镇正等着你去 突破藩篱加以征服
and conquer it.
人生每件事都得如此费力吗?
Must everything in life present a challenge?
有价值者皆然
Everything worth having.
去那里的目的就是要享受大海
But surely the point of going there is to be by the sea
海风轻拂发梢,听浪潮拍岸
to feel the wind in your hair and listen to the waves.
这些都不用花钱
And that's all free.
你说得如此诗情画意
Charming as you make it sound
正好捕捉住纽波特的精髓
I don't think you have quite captured the spirit of Newport.
才怪,去那里一天 至少要带四套衣服
Hardly. You need four outfits a day, at the minimum.
像样的珠宝,和满载的对舞名册
Decent jewels and a full dance card.
原来如此
I see.
瑞克斯先生对纽波特熟吗?
Do you know Newport, Mr. Raikes?
还不熟
Not yet.
家母在那儿有房♥子 我们常去度假
My mother has a place there, and we use it a lot in the season.
她的住处可气派了
And a very nice place it is, too.
你下回要去的话可得告诉我
You must let me know when you're planning to visit, Mr. Raikes.
我会的,宾翰小姐,谢谢
I will, Miss Bingham. Thank you.
奉劝你立刻约好
I should make a plan at once. You won't regret it.
保证你不会后悔
I should make a plan at once. You won't regret it.
那我恭敬不如从命
Then I shall have to take you up on your offer.
我们真是相见恨晚,瑞克斯先生
How is it that we've never met, Mr. Raikes?
谢谢,不用找了
- Thank you. You can keep the change. - Thank you.
你是否很期待点灯仪式?
How do you feel about the lighting?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表