剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
Had my final interview this morning
明天就回家
and I leave for home tomorrow.
但愿你今晚有约
I hope you have plans for tonight.
怎么可能
How could I?
除了你 我在纽约不认识任何人
I don't know anyone in New York except you.
如果你搬来这里
Well, that'll soon change
情况很快就会改变
if you come here to live.
纽约对新人来说乐趣众多
New York has plenty to offer the new arrival.
但我能回馈纽约什么呢
But what would I have to offer New York?
你会让我们知道最终结果吧
You'll let us know how it turns out?
-答应我 -答应你
- Promise? - Promise.
我第一个就告诉你
You'll be the first person I tell.
-斯科特小姐 -杰克
- Miss Scott. - Jack.
我看你下午急匆匆地出门
You were in a hurry when you left this afternoon.
我们急着去见雷克斯先生
We were late for Mr. Raikes and--
雷克斯先生吗
Mr. Raikes?
玛丽安小姐的律师吗
Miss Marian's lawyer?
他明早要回宾夕法尼亚州
He returns to Pennsylvania in the morning.
她要去道别
She wanted to say goodbye.
我猜也是
I bet she did.
他昨天还在这的时候
She took her time saying goodbye to him
她道别了很久
when he was here yesterday.
我只好先离开 让他们独处
I had to leave them to it in the hall.
今天他们在哪见面
And where did she meet him today?
中♥央♥公园的毕仕达喷泉
The Bethesda Fountain in Central Park.
你刚才为什么说"我们"急着去见他
Why did you say "we" were late for Mr. Raikes?
是吗 我指的是她
Did I? I meant she was late.
那为什么说"我们"
But then why say "we"?
天哪
Oh, for heaven's sake.
她陪玛丽安小姐
She kept Miss Marian company
好让去跟老友道别
so she could say goodbye to an old friend.
你知道范莱茵夫人不喜欢她单独外出
You know Mrs. Van Rhijn doesn't like her to go out alone.
我就是问问
I was just asking.
少管闲事
Well, don't.
奥斯卡表哥 我不知道你来吃晚餐
Cousin Oscar, I didn't know you were here for dinner.
我希望你别觉得失望
I hope you're not disappointed.
恰恰相反
Quite the contrary.
实际上我想来找你商量件事
As a matter of fact, I need your advice.
-真有意思 -我们有个麻烦
- How intriguing. - We have a problem.
而我想替艾格妮丝姑姑分担些
And I want to spare Aunt Agnes any concern.
你的车夫让我就在车里等着
Your coachman let me wait in here.
我说你在等我
I said you were expecting me.
是吗
Is that so?
我得让他以后更加谨慎些了
I must teach him to be more circumspect in the future.
我们现在购入股份 所有人
We're buying shares now. All of us.
那你们何时宣布法案
When will you announce the law?
等定下日期我再通知你
I'll send a message when I settle the date.
没有人反对吗
But there are no objections?
没有反对计划的
No, not to the plan.
只有反对我的
Only to me.
恐怕这些人就是趋炎附势 罗素先生
I'm afraid they're very snobbish, Mr. Russell.
是吗
Are they?
也许他们这样也对
Well, maybe they're right to be.
你想去哪里
Where would you like me to take you?
这里就行了
Put me down here.
停车 约翰逊
Stop here, Johnson.
祝你日安 罗素先生
Good day to you, Mr. Russell.
祝我们所有人顺利
A good day for us all, I think.
你说想找我商量 但...
You asked for my advice, but...
其实你是想要我的钱
what you really want is my money.
为什么不让我母亲来还债
Why can't Mama pay the debt?
如果她知道这事 会开除鲍尔太太
Because if she knew about it, she'd dismiss Mrs. Bauer.
然后我们就要另聘厨娘
And we'd have to break in a new cook.
原来你心这么软
I suspect you're softhearted.
我猜你是可怜那女人
I think you feel sorry for the woman
不想她丢了工作
and don't want her to lose her job.
对 我不想
No, I don't.
那我的五十美元能收回来吗
And would my $50 ever be repaid?
当然
It will.
可能要等一阵子 但我有零花钱
It may take time, but I have an allowance.
不知你能否帮我个忙作为回报
I wonder if you'd do me a favor in return.
当然 如果我能做得到的话
Of course, if I can.
办个午宴
Then give a luncheon party.
邀请格拉迪斯·罗素小姐来
And invite Miss Gladys Russell.
她家人会允许她来吗
Would she be allowed to come?
他们会允许她跟你共进午餐
She'd be allowed to lunch with you.
但你不是已经认识她了吗
But don't you already know her?
还不够熟悉
Not well enough.
让我坐在她身边
Let me sit next to her,
这样你就能救鲍尔太太
and you can save Mrs. Bauer.
不答应就免谈
That is my final offer.
怎么回事
What's all this?
没事 艾达姨妈
Never mind, Aunt Ada.
玛丽安表妹和我相谈甚欢
Cousin Marian and I are just seeing eye to eye.
我今天遇到查尔斯·费恩了
I saw Charles Fane today.
他说军械库的事黄了
He said the armory's fallen through.
真扫兴
It's so tiresome.
原来是有人预订重复了
It turns out it was double-booked.
对方表示抱歉 但毫不让步
They're very sorry, but I'm afraid they won't budge.
可我们也不能改日期
And we can't change the date.
那现在怎么办
So what happens now?
改去第五大道酒店
We'll go to the Fifth Avenue Hotel.
当然我们得付钱 收益自然也会减少
We'll have to pay, of course, so the profit will come down.
真是令人烦心
It's really too annoying to be borne.
罗素夫人说你可以用她家的舞厅
You were offered Mrs. Russell's ballroom
-而且免费 -我知道 但是...
- for nothing. - I know, but--
但什么 总比那家
But what? It's a lot more splendid
破酒店气派多了
than some down-at-heel hotel.
这不是我的决定 得看奥萝拉
It wasn't my decision. I had to defer to Aurora.
她从未反对过你
She'd never have gone against you.
关你什么事
Why do you care?
我不想惹怒乔治·罗素
I don't want to annoy George Russell.
尤其是这种时候
Not at the moment.
恐怕已经太迟了
Well, I'm afraid you're too late.
我们已经决定去酒店了
We're going to the hotel. It's all settled.
真可惜
Pity.
-我能跟你谈谈吗 -当然
- May I have a word? - Of course.
你打算向奥斯卡借的钱
The money you were going to borrow from Oscar--
你怎么知道的
How did you find out?
我一进屋就知道你们在商量小秘密
I could see something was up when I came into the room,
所以晚餐后我从他嘴里问了出来
so I got it out of him after dinner.
总之 我告诉他我更愿意亲自
Anyway, I told him I would prefer to pay
偿还鲍尔太太的债务
Mrs. Bauer's debt myself.
太好了
I'm relieved.
但你能付得起吗
But can you manage it?
我还不至于身无分文 多谢关心
I'm not quite penniless, thank you.
不管艾格妮丝如何暗示
Whatever Agnes likes to imply.
不过下次
But next time,
请先来找我
please come to me first.
我会的
I will.
不然我会特别内疚把格拉迪斯·罗素出♥卖♥♥♥给他
I would have felt very guilty selling Gladys Russell to him.
比起猎财者 她值得更好的人
She deserves better than a fortune hunter.
还是我也不该这么说
Or shouldn't I say that?
你可以对我说这些
You can say it to me.
我只是不太明白鲍尔太太一开始
But what I don't understand is how Mrs. Bauer
是怎么陷入债务危机的
fell into debt in the first place.
这种情况还会发生吗
And will it happen again?
应该不会了
I don't think so.
她承认是自己鲁莽了
She's been foolish, by her own admission.
但未来会更加谨慎
But she means to do better in the future.
但愿如此
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表